Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Wayne's World

Lowbrow '90s comedy has raunchy humor, profanity.

Parent Written byMovieenthusiast May 7, 2014

OIder viewers might also not be disappointed...

I challenge whoever wrote the main review. I'm 45 and assume I would be considered an older viewer. Maybe not. But this movie came out when I was in college. And just about everyone I knew loved it! So, Baby Boomers probably no, but Gen X'ers on down, a hearty yes. This movie is fine for teens. Fair amount of sexual innuendo though so I would keep the littler ones away. If you're ready for a hard rockin' hilarious time, this movie is for you.
Adult Written bybabygirl92293 March 1, 2012

Waynes World

i love this movie and it is in my top 5. I can watch it a billion times and it never gets old!!! A great movie. There are some parts that could be inappropriate but compared to todays crap its nothing :)

Parent of a 2 and 12 year old Written byZoethustra June 23, 2018

Loaded with sexual innuendo, but a classic comedy nonetheless

Very fun movie, but WAY too much uncomfortable sexual talk and innuendo to watch with your young kid ("he blows goats," "ribbed for her pleasure" after finding condoms, a scene with characters getting comfy on a bed then cuts to a caption that says "gratuitous sex scene," lots of overtly implied sex).

Adult Written byHenrysmovieguide May 24, 2017

Wayne's World is fine, but overrated.

"Wayne's World" is based off of the hit Saturday Night Live sketch starring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. Yes, it is funny, but not laugh-out-loud. The quality is good, but no one will care because they are all focusing on the comedy.

Adult Written byAidan S. April 4, 2015
One minor sex scene and language
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 May 25, 2014

Classic Mike Myers comedy is sure to please audiences!

Parents need to know that this teen comedy starring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey is very funny but has a few mature themes. There is a bit of swearing (sh-t, ass, damn, hell are all used). There is sex jokes, including a somewhat brief but comical sex scene. Well that is Wayne's World, which is a great movie, but best for teens!
Parent Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Better than you may remember

Introduce your kids to the wackiness of the 80s with this hilarious spoof of head bangers, movie cliches and the wonders of public access cable. Some raunchy jokes, but nothing graphic. Tia Carrerre plays a kickboxing, leather wearing guitarist, but unfortunately she is relegated to the "love interest" role. Still, it's nice to see a woman portrayed as a serious rock musician as opposed to a back up singer. Much funnier and cleverer than I remembered!

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

SNL

SNL skits become movies a lot now. They are generally funny skits. I thought this was a great movie as is the skit. Man SNL rocks.