All member reviews for We Bought a Zoo

Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

should be rated

it should be rated pg-13 for the language
Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2011

Good Movie! But LANGUAGE IS BIG BIG BAD!

It's a good movie but during the movie i saw this movie i saw a woman take her child out of the theater!!!!!Totally NOT PG. Language is huge. S--t 3 times bull---t once from a 14 year old! A--hole, H--l, d--n, and holy s--t once but cut off by a bears roar. S--t is used casually with NO problem. The 7 year old Rosie says "Everybody around here says your a d--k but i dont think you are!" Everybody in the theater laughed but once again people took their kids out of the theater. I'm not sure but i thought i heard a fa---t! A portrait of a woman is shown shirtless!
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2011

Great movie for 10 and up

I saw this movie yesterday ( i am 11) and I thought it was one of the best movies i have seen all year. But be aware that it does have bad words and it even made me a little sad that the mom died. also there was some topics like jobs or his wife dying that they were talking about. so I would recommend this for 10 years old and up. over all I thought this was a fabulos movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeekgirl51 December 27, 2011

Language is an issue.

The language it quite bad considering that it is a PG movie. I literally gasped when the the little girl called the inspector a d**k! The boy's drawings are really creepy. There is one kiss and a hug and some sexual references made by the main character's brother. The Easter bunny comment was way out of line too. It was a really good movie but please don't take young children to see it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygbsfan December 28, 2011

Sheesh People!

I must have been in the bathroom when they said a totally horrible swear word multiple times or something because I thought the language appropriate for at least teenagers, they did not use one swear word that I didn't know by age 10. My parents said they would have taken a younger child to it when I asked them. However, they are more concerned about violence than most parents are and don't tend to be as considered about the rest and there was a little bit of violence in this movie, but not much. About the Easter Bunny comment, parents could explain that he is using it as a metaphor, which is kind of is since they aren't talking about anything to do with the Easter Bunny.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

AWESOME

I loved this movie. Some problems in parts. Had a good story behide it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN January 14, 2012

Beautiful story of a family that fights through their struggles to reopen a zoo is a must see!

This movie is completely heart-warming. It tells the journey of Benjamin Mee and his two young children as they open a zoo. The plot is fresh and imaginative, and though some of the language does come from the kids good points are proven through the use of it. The language is not used senselessly, there is a point to it. Even the little girl's one swear word had purpose, and it was not just for laughs. The struggle between father and son because of the death of his wife is very believable and will make you feel for the family. What they accomplish is amazing and the witty sarcasm and humor throughout the movie really make it worthwhile to watch. I will most definitely be buying the movie and reading the book! Strongly recommended!
Teen, 14 years old Written byusernamebox January 3, 2012

We Bought a Zoo - Laughed and Cried and got my Money's Worth.

This movie is hilarious. My Dad and I always joke, "We bought a zoo, based on real morons who accidently bought a zoo. Yes, there is some language, but it's pretty low-level, and who really cares about consumerism in movies? I laughed so hard, and I cried when the tiger died and there is a heart-breaking ending; but no spoilers for the end. Go see it! The only bad thing were the ads, PG movies get alot of PG ads in cinemas, so there could be some bad things in the there. Also, a tiger dies and a Mother has already died.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRand0mScreenName December 30, 2011

Helped me with my greiving about my dad.

My Dad died 6 months ago and almost everything in the movie related to my life. I really connect with Dylan. im 14 and everything (besides the zoo) is extremely accurate. It was even spot on when his son says "you never even taught me how to shave." (My circumstances being a little different with my dad dieing he never had the chance to show me)Yeah there are some language parts but kids about 8 and up should know not to say those words. But my main point is that this movie is a great way to bring up greiving because this movie nails it and i know it will make this period alot eaiser for me.
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2011

movie is great!!!!!!!!!!

It was based on a true story but they do go to bars every night and their mother dies.Also they use foul language and it might not look that bad but its inappropriate for younger kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bypinkdolphin5 January 3, 2012

Great movie!

The movie is rated PG 13 when I went to see it. So stop complaining. It's PG 13. Yes, a 7 year old using d!#% in a sentence is what do you oldies use? "humiliating." or whatever. Grow up. It's PG 13. Therefore, it is your fault for taking your kids to see it. And it's based on Benjamin Mee's story anyway. Please grow up. *This was not meant to cause any disagreements. I am mearly stating my opinion.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Best film EVER

Good. The result: We Bought Some Good. Matt Damon is so awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorsesandBeans December 28, 2011

A Great Movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byKlyons14 January 2, 2012

Don't Let This Movie Deceive You

From the trailers on children's networks you would have thought this movie would be aimed around families, think again. This movie isn't necessarily i inappropriate, its just a little risque. The language just crosses the line a little bit too far for younger audiences. It's not worthy of a pg-13 rating, but its most likely not for your 6 or 7 year old.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysydneytaylor23 December 26, 2011

good movie

I think this is a very good and appropriate show for kids 10 and up. I do suggest watching this with a legal adult though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancingtunnell January 2, 2012

Misleading Commercials

There are way to many cruel words said in the movie, and it was very sad. When I went to see it I was expecting a happy movie, instead it was a movie about a man and his family dealing with the loss of his wife/mom. The commercials were very misleading.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Well Done Movie

The title "We Bought A Zoo" makes the implication that the movie is cute and lighthearted. In some ways, yes, however the death of the mother is a very heavy subject. (My mom cryed!) I thought most of the langauge was fine for a PG movie, however the use of D*%k by a seven year old pushes the boundaries. I thought this was a very well done movie, the little girl was adorable, and the story was well put together. This movie is fine for most kids 9 and up.
Kid, 8 years old December 29, 2011

inspirational

The movie was an awesome journey of adventure, strength, and inspiration for any age.. We had 3 generations there and everyone loved it !! I would recommend it for family viewing.. Sadly, there was a few swear words, which I thought were so unnecessary to make the movie, but I guess in today's world, that is not too bad. I think by age 8 you can explain that there are adult angry words that are not appropriate or acceptable for children to use. I do wish writers would take into account we do not need to encourage rude behavior.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 1, 2012

Not Your Typical PG Movie

I am so surprised at this! We were about to go see this with my seven year old sister...so glad we didn't! I mean, you can usually go see a PG movie with a seven year old...not this one!!! If it were PG-13, I might give it a higher rating, but this is just so sad. What if parents take to see their little kids this because of the rating?? Please, check it out before seeing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdog97 December 30, 2011

We bought a Zoo

I happen to see alot of "not for kids" ratings. Thats the one for 18 years or older. Im sure a seventeen year old can handle this movie. There is some salty language, ill give you that, but its pg, not g, like toy story, its pg, like The Simpsons, and that has language. There are some creepy drawings, but not all the time. And One more thing.... pg stands for "parental guidence," not "perfectly good" for little kids.