All member reviews for West Side Story

Musical masterpiece tackles race, with some violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhagrid21 January 29, 2012

West Side Story Sparkles!

One of the most popular and well known musicals of the day, West Side Story is tame by today's standards, but the messages and behavior of the gangs are iffy. A knife fight leads to the death of two main characters. No blood. Occasional language and frequent smoking. Great choreography and music! Well worth watching!
Kid, 8 years old September 24, 2011

Phenomenal movie, soundtrack and script.

Kinda violent, profane, sexual....but great lessons about race and a well-written script. one of the best films i’ve ever seen.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2011

WATCH THIS!!

I love this play/movie. Well I did, but then I got cast as Maria in our school play and Kai's (who plays tony) breath smells terrible! It is so hard to sing duets with him!! I wanted to be a jet, maybe chino (even though I'm a girl) This movie is great! Watch it, or you will be missing out on an amazing movie.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2011

Awesomeness!

One of the best movies of all time. I am currently in a play of "West Side Story", starring as Maria, and so I've watched it many times. The stabbing and rumble scene is kind of violent. Girls might feel sad about the Jets taunting Anita (I did!). Overall, one of the best movies (and musicals!).
Teen, 13 years old Written byEquestrian.Samantha March 9, 2011

Absolutely Spectacular

West Side Story, I believe, is a classis for all ages. It is based on Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. You really feel for the characters by the end, as if you know them. A must see.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Musical

I love this movie, it's really good. The only thing to look out for is the violence, because of the gangs.
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2010

cool songs but very sad

i love this movie its got some great songs in but maybe a little too sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubberSoul August 17, 2009

Great and Brilliant

We saw this in school, and it was really cool. Really nice, and everyone should see it
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc May 29, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bykidreviewer April 9, 2008

A powerful story

West Side Story is one of the most moving and powerful movies you will ever see. It brings up very important issues about the lines between races and cultures, and what can happen if people think those lines shouldn't be crossed. It really made me think about how horribly people will act if they refuse to accept people from other cultures. I loved this movie, and thought it had very good music, but this is not a good movie for younger children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySportGirl548@aol.com April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byKeds43@aol.com April 9, 2008

GREAT MUSIC!

I LOOOOOOOOVE West Side Story. It was really entertaining and the songs were outstanding! My favorite is probably America. Some of the lyrics to that are really funny like the character Bernardo says, "I think I go back to San Juan," and his girlfriend Anita says, "I know a boat you can get on!" Bernardo: "Uh-huh! Everyone there will give big cheer!" Anita: "Everyone there will have moved here!" I also like the dance at the gym. The dancing is amazing. I think some really emotional people will cry at the end of this movie. If they ever make a re-make, Vanessa Anne Hudgens and Zac Efron should play the leading roles of Maria and Tony.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfriend1993 April 9, 2008