All teen and kid member reviews for Where the Wild Things Are

Teen, 13 years old Written bywinterpercussion August 23, 2010

I wish I could rate it negative five stars...

This movie is stupid!!! Not even worth seeing!!! Here's the story in a summary... The opening consists of the boy with a fork chasing his dog and screaming then like chocking it. Then events happen he throws a huge tantrum and destroys his sisters room. Next the kid gets mad with his mother then screams bits her wrestles with her then he runs away scream in the woods then he gets on a boat goes to the island meets random huge ugly monsters smashing houses for no good reason he lies about some stuff then they make him the king of them then stupid stuff happens the kid scream others scream and howl then they decide randomly to build a fort then they have a dirt clog fight. Then the monsters figure out how he lied in the beginning one gets UNBELIEVABLY mad then wants to eat the kid then events happen then the kid gets back on the boat and goes home. the last scene of him eating dinner with his mother and smiling then it ends.......I mean what the hell this movie had NO STORYLINE they just did random stuff and destroyed stuff and screamed then threw tantrums it WAS HORRIBLE DON'T WASTE A HOUR AND 30 MIN OF YOUR LIFE!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2010

This is nothing like the book

Max is misbehaved and run away, I feel uncomfortable when wild thing are unhappy, and Max comes home but does not apologize! THIS IS BASED ON A KIDS BOOK!! But they are making all of the bad stuff not meant for kids and IT BECOMES A BAD MOVIE. I think they overdid the bad stuff with no real "happy ending". I was tempted to give this a one star rating. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2010

I watched the whole thing, and I wasn't impressed at all. And one of the monster swallows the kid to hide him, and then pulls him out. It might be disturbing for younger children, and it's NOT a must-see movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayWhyTea July 9, 2010

what in the world was the movie about. I was so confused the whole time. It's like a lets take acid and watch this... type of movie. goodbye. OH and this movie is sad as eff. Carol needs anger management, jus saying. and what the hell?? He rips his friends arm off??? Like what the hell is thaaat?!
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2010

HORRIBLE

This movie is very disturbing, violent, and sad. Do not see this movie!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Plumbing the Emotional and Sentimental Depths

A worthy adaptation of a timeless book. It does not falter from venturing into unkempt territory, meaning that the movie will commit to something if it must, refusing to shy away from an iffy subject, such as divorce, lies, and killing, all of which are issues many of us may have to face sometime in our diminutive, insignificant, yet important lives.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichiiimurders June 2, 2010

Adult film, childrens book.

Well obviously it's a childrens book. The movie isn't. The movie was basically based for adults. For adults who read the book when they were little, and how they were at that age; wild, angry, or even lonely. So, parents or teens stop hating on this film but this is one of the most AMAZING films I've seen ALL year. Props for the director & producers & actors, they did GREAT! To adults stick to books or PG movies:)
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 May 31, 2010

One of the best movies of the year

Very well made movie, great acting, heart warming, and a great adaptation of the book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 30, 2010

What. In. The. World....

This is the WORST movie I have ever seen in my intire life. Someone was on something when they made this movie (excuse my language) but this is just stupid. The first thing you see is the boy screaming while choking the heck out of his dog. A teenager lands on him and makes him cry, he trashes his sisters room, bites and screams at his mom, runs away on a boat, goes to an island that is runned by weird things and one of them (Carol) was distroying the huts for no flipping reason. All they do is punch and scream through most of the movie, and Carol gets so upset once he ripped a guys arm off!! I couldn't finish the movie because it was so horrible! Do not let your kids see this, it will rot their brains, litterily. Do not waste any second of your life on this movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2010

horrible

my mom and i watched this movie she said she wanted to see but at the end she said something like i wish i would have trusted the reviews
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 May 23, 2010

Occasionally dark adaptation of classic kids' book is only OK

Almost every kid in the world has read and/or heard about the classic book Where the Wild Things Are. It has become one of the most beloved books of all time. Now, finally, there is a film adaptation. Like the book, it focuses in on Max, a 9 year-old boy with a giant imagination. One day, he sails off to an imaginary island that is inhabited by made-up creatures called the Wild Things. Max soon befriends them, and takes a special liking to Carol, a hulking gentle giant whose actions seem to mirror Max's. Unlike the book however, this film deals with messages about loss, lonliness, and sorrow. A depresssing sense of hoplessness abounds throughout. Not exactly something for the younger set. But this adaptation is also a beautiful portyal of friendship, love, and togetherness that Max soon learns after his journey. Where the Wild Things Are isn't a great movie, but director Spike Jonze definetly made something he can be proud of. The special effects are astounding, the acting is first-rate, and the story more or less stays true to its literary roots. As mentioned, this is a dark and somewhat unsettling viewing experience, so I only recommend it to kids 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2010

This was a hilarious movie in my opinion. It was VERY random which could put people off. If you like kids with imaginations you will love this movie! It is a little cheezy at times but it is really funny but like i said VERY random! I watched it with my 15 year old sister and we both laughed really hard at times cause it was so random! My opoinion i like it. :)
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2010

a long movie that doesent grab much of your ettention.

This movie wasn't that great.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2010

Don`t worry, the monsters are friendly =) Sweet movie.

Positive messages. It`s one of those movies that you either love it or you hate it. I think it was a little weird, and younger kids may be scared by the "wild things" but it`s not meant to be violent at all. It`s actually a very sweet movie, in a weird kind of way. I don`t think it was at all like the picture book. Kids will love the book. =)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrandon4News April 13, 2010

Iffy stuff, Very Good

Thins movie is quite the wild thing. It is actually quite dark and contains some disturbing stuff. Young viewers will surely be shocked by the wild things using some mild language and a boy's terrible treatment of others. This is a brilliantly shot and scored film, worthy of praise and maybe a Blu-Ray purchase for the amazing visual ride.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

:-(

it is vary SAD:(
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist April 11, 2010

I like this movie.

Cool movie! I was so excited when I heard that Where The Wild Things Are was being made into a movie because it was my favorite book when I was younger. If you read the book you have to see this movie!
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2010

Not appropriate for ages 6 and under.

This movie was okay in my opinoun. For some reason my mom just loves the movie. I give it four stars, which is pretty good. This movie have a bit of scariness in one of the parts, which made me a bit frightned. The movie is good for another reason because it teaches you a big lesson. Also, KW is a very huge role-model. She loves her friends even if she is friends with owls, she is caring, and I just don't know, she has nice characteristics. Good movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2010

I rate this bad for for people 2 +

No ones happy despite being advertised as a happy movie carol is flat out confusing mostly every one acts anti social , kind of disturbing .over all bad
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2010

Not a good movie dull but at least it showed a good message.