All member reviews for Where the Wild Things Are

Sometimes-dark adaptation focuses on friendship, loneliness.

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist April 11, 2010

I like this movie.

Cool movie! I was so excited when I heard that Where The Wild Things Are was being made into a movie because it was my favorite book when I was younger. If you read the book you have to see this movie!
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2010

Not appropriate for ages 6 and under.

This movie was okay in my opinoun. For some reason my mom just loves the movie. I give it four stars, which is pretty good. This movie have a bit of scariness in one of the parts, which made me a bit frightned. The movie is good for another reason because it teaches you a big lesson. Also, KW is a very huge role-model. She loves her friends even if she is friends with owls, she is caring, and I just don't know, she has nice characteristics. Good movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2010

I rate this bad for for people 2 +

No ones happy despite being advertised as a happy movie carol is flat out confusing mostly every one acts anti social , kind of disturbing .over all bad
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMoondee March 30, 2010

Maybe rent it, but definitely do not buy it.

The movie dragged on. The positive message that the movie had was strongly overshadowed by bad role model issues.
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2010
Not a good movie dull but at least it showed a good message.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2010

Great film for kids.

A bit funny. Really funny when the main character (I forgot, it's been a while since I watched it) is really funny when he has a tantrum and goes to that islands full of some mental monsters!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byOregon momma March 21, 2010

Aghast......

I was so disappointed by this movie. It was not advertised as an "older" child or adult movie. I found the arm being ripped off of a character a bit much. As well as the talk about cutting out intruders' brains... I was disturbed by this stinking movie and I'm 27. The only good part was when Max went home.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2010

BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!

this was a REALLY BAD movie the people in it were REALLY freaky especially carol and the max guy has spazz attacks i didn't like the part where KW put max in her stomach that was gross....
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2010
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bycatht March 19, 2010
Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2010

Max and K.W.'s relationship

Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2010
wow from the comments this movie sucked
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2010

Why We Should Concider It An Age Apropriate For 5+

i think its a very good film and we should try concidering it for ages 5+
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written bytruman332 March 13, 2010

Just too sad for young children.....

I watched this tonight with my 6 and 8 year old sons and have been comforting a sobbing 6 year old for 20 minutes since it ended. The movie was sad from the start, overwhelmingly so, on the part of Max as well as the creatures. The overall tone was just so dreary and the final scene so hard to watch that we have all had a hard time shaking it off. I heard this was a dark interpretation of the book, but was ill-prepared with just how sad this would be for my kids to see crying, wailing animals and sobbing little boys. Too much for my kids age, but would have been okay for kids over 10.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are It's On For 10 Years Old

It Been An PG-13 Rating
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadyourheartout March 9, 2010

eh.

hmm.. i was talking to these young children that saw this particular movie, and read the book. they said that it was pretty sad for them to watch, and i don't think that any child would want to watch a sad movie.
Adult Written bystacymavros March 9, 2010

Dark/violent for kids...disappointing for adults.

My 14 year old enjoyed it but this movie felt like a looooong nap to me sprinkled with bits of inappropriately violent/dark scenes...I was really looking for ward to this one--not great to sit through though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky March 8, 2010

DONT SEE IT!!!

HORRIBLE!!!!!! as a kid the book was ok but this movie was wierd, depressing, stupid, and a waste of time!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewerformovies February 13, 2010

Loved for the right age.

I loved this movie. I grew up reading the book and I think they put a perfect twist on it to make it attractive to the older viewers. That being said, parts of the movie would not be understood by a young child who may love the book. I think the movie is great for any kid around 11 or older and below that will not be harmed watching the movie but most likely will not enjoy it as much.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovedonaldduckck93 January 27, 2010

just dont waste 2 hours of your life watching this stupid movie

this movie really sucked...like i think this was the worst movie ive ever seen other then the wrestler i went because my friend had tickets to the premiere in toronto...but it sucked so badly i went to the bathroom 3 times just so i could escape the horridness of this movie