All member reviews for While You Were Sleeping

Appealing family comedy with old-fashioned feel.

Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2009

Watch This Movie and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Probably one of the best romantic comedies in the world! It showed up on my recomendations page and so I decided to give it a shot. It is awesome!
Adult Written byyankeepeg July 16, 2009

Definitely not appropriate for under 12 !

I really like this movie myself, but more conservative parents might object to the language and innuendo. One character lies to others that he's having a sexual relationship with another character. One character is cheating on her husband who IS THERE and knows about it and wants her back. This same cheating wife calls another character a "one-balled bast**d". When the main character states that she and her alleged-fiance are waiting until they're married to have a sexual relationship, her best friend looks at her like she's crazy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byanonymous343 April 9, 2008

A must-see for tweens!!

I watched this movie for the second time, after seeing it a really long time ago, and I loved it. It's a great, funny romance, with great actors, and clever plot. There's a few things brought up about underwear, but it really isn't a problem, and although the main character lies about the main plot, I think that's what makes it interesting. I think ages 9 and up. MUST WATCH!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

Very appropriate movie

I liked the movie, it isn't the best movie in the world, but it's good. Sandra Bullocks did a very good job and it was funny and there was romance. Who couldn't love that!
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2010

If your looking for another great perfomace by Sandra Bullock you found one!

Before I saw this movie I never heard of Sandra Bullock. Im glad I saw this movie. The first time I saw it I was probaly seven. I didnt pay any attention to the movie, but then I saw it when I was eleven and I loved it. Sandra Bullock is great in romatic comodies. She is my favorite actress and has inspired me to try to be an actress some day. You really need to watch this movie. Its great!
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

Remember this movie...

I can't believe this showed up in my reccomendations! I remember watching this movie with my parents. Although the cover gives the entire movie away. :p
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Just another rom-com

Violence- 2 (Mild themes and Violence) Language- 2 (Mild Coarse Language)
Educator and Parent Written byGranbury Mom n Teach December 7, 2013

Great - but be ready for a question or two about how pregnancy occurs if you haven't explained it yet.

I LOVE this movie and was excited to share it with my girls (6 & 9). However, it had been a while since I had seen it and I ultimately winced at the scne with the comical misunderstanding over whether or not Sandra Bullock's character was pregnant and was getting married as a result (she wasn't). Parents should be aware "T H E" question might be coming after small kids view the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCool Kid Reviewer December 1, 2012

The Perfect Blend

Amazing! I love this movie! I literally memorized all the lines in this movie! (Yes I have seen it over 20 times! And it still has not gotten old yet!) This movie is the perfect blend, with a little romance, a lot of laugh out loud moments, and even better yet it has Sandra Bullock in it! What could be better?! I loved this movie. A perfect tween/teen/family movie! This is a must see!
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2012

Absoulutelty the best movie ever made!!!

I LOVE this movie!!! I can't explain how wonderful it is. I have never seen anything better. CSM makes it sound about half as good or less than it really is!!!!!! You should DEFINATELY get it. I couldn't reccommend it even better.
Adult Written byTakeTheCannolis December 30, 2010

Ugh! What an absolutely awful, insipid film! You'd have to be braindead to believe this dumb plot. We're supposed to believe that Sandar Bullock can't get a date? Or that the family is stupid as to believe her lies? Or, that the guy would go along with the ruse and marry her even though he doesn't remember her? Or, that they wouldn't immediately call the police to arrest this obviously deranged stalker when they finally learn the truth? No one with an IQ above the level of moron should watch this movie. The amnesia episode of Gilligan's Island is more intelligent that this sentimental dreck!
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2010

A Great Family Romantic Comedy

While You Were Sleeping is a great movie about a girl who is in love with a man who doesn't even know her. She observes him being mugged and saves his life. In the hospital, she poses as his fiancee and his family embraces her. One use of a** and a couple uses of H***.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2010

:) Love it!

Love it! Great movie! This is one of my favorite movies and soon it will be yours. Bullock does a great job in romantic comidies. My only concerns are some sexual language and some bad words. Other than that, its a great movie for kids 11 and up. I think its a little iffy for kids under ten becuase in one scene the family talks about Peters lower body. I hope you like the movie as much as I did!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion September 1, 2009

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING does one thing: highlights the sex appeal of the two stars, Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman, by giving them numerous times to melt in each others arms and stare smoldering into each other's eyes. The story is ridiculous: Bullock saves her dream man from a mugging, pretends to be his fiance while he's in a coma, and then falls head over heels for his brother. However, Bullock pulls it off. She is really the only great thing about this film, which is otherwise full of holes. In the end, you are completely moved by Bullock's tearful scene at the movie's climax. There is little objectionable material. There is a running joke about a man who has only one testicle. Brief mention is made of a sexual relationship, and there are a few "d**n"s and one "b****rd".
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Perfect for mother-daughter movie night!

This is such a sweet and romantic movie. Another plus - it's funny! Sandra Bullock is perfectly charming and sweet in her role. I love her weird and annoying neighbour! SO FUNNY. Rent it - you won't be disappointed.

I love it!!!

Are you looking for a fun,sweet, oldfashioned , romantic comedy for the whole family? If you are "While You Were Sleeping" is the movie for you and your family! I personally loved this movie and I think you'll love it too! This movie has just a speck of adult humor but most of it is family friendly!