All teen and kid member reviews for White House Down

Teen, 13 years old Written byswimgirl28 June 29, 2013

Highly Recommended

I really enjoy this movie. The whole thing ket me on the edge of my seat. My heart wouldn't stop pounding. I also enjoyed the humor they added in. Just don't go to this movie if you are just looking for humor. Just be warned there are gun battles, hand to hand combat, and explosions. There are frequent uses of s***. Overall my movie ticket was definitely worth it.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2013

Great Message

Really good! Kept me at the edge of my seat. Can be good for kids if they think positive or make jokes through out the movie. Has an overall wonderful message and countless role models anyone could learn from. There WAS hostages, airplanes falling out of the sky, loud bangs, explosives, highly powerful weapons (and A LOT of them, basically at least 4 in each scene) and fire.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMadbananas June 28, 2013

Great movie! Violence is a issue.

There is a lot of violence. Lots of blowing up too. Language is also a issue. Over all its a great movie. Good for 11, or 12 year olds and up.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

Excellent movie avoids gore!

Olympus Has Fallen without blood and gore, and extremely strong language is what this movie is except better! Honestly, this movie rocks and is one of my favorite movies ever! The violence is pretty strong but avoids gore. There is strong but not extremely strong language. The sex is mild although there is a scene of a thermal scope aiming in on a couple having sex (not graphic, meant for laughs). A man is seen on a plane holding a drink and drinking it.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Movie of the Year

Perfect. Patriotic, paced and plotted. I loved it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacktheCool August 13, 2013

Nice Film

if you count this movie violent, then you are wrong. If you take a closer look, there are almost no blood when a man got shot! Nice movie! But still, some part of this movie is not suitable for little kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover July 9, 2013

AWESOME

Awesome movie!!! Very violent and action-packed! Some bad language though. Overall, amazing!
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Wonderful movie!!! Not to be missed!

This was a great movie. There was, however, a lot of violence. There are several explosions/grenades, and more shooting/gunfire scenes that I can count. There is also a swear word about every 5 minutes. There is a lot of product placement of Kleenex and well known car brands. Even with this, it was a fantastic movie. :)
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Extremely violent, crazy ride is way to graphic for kids.

My rating R for: strong gruesome violence, language, drug reference, including gory images.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2014

One of the BEST FILMS I've ever watched

I have to say, this is one of the best film I've watched in ages - the length of the film is just perfect and it's straight action-packed from the very second you start watching. I love how much courage the characters themselves have - they're determined to win this 'battle'. For my age, I'm quite mature and I've put this as a 13, due to the fact there's quite a lot of violence, but it's weighted out with humour. To any parents wondering if there kid should watch this, I would say YES! It's one of them films where it's just mind-blowing and unique.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Here is what i think

i really liked this movie! Now, i put ages 12+, but i was allowed to see it when i was eleven, but i didn't see it for a while, and i was 12 when i did see it. I loved the action violence. My 10 year old brother couldn't see it, but some people might. The action and violence wasn't gory it didn't bother me AT ALL. countless people are shot/killed in this movie, but it is not graphic and you don't see a whole lot of blood. over all, i thought this was a fantastic movie and the whole time channing tatum was very hot!!
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Good.

White House Down was actually an entertaining film. It had non stop action with heavy gun violence and some profanity. The main character protected entire Washington at the end and also ended up being a patriot. That showed that he is a positive character since he saved the life of his daughter and the president's. All in all it was fun to watch.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2014

LEARNING

I Liked It

pretty good has humor and a lot of action some language though
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 1, 2014

cool

this is a movie that that ten year old should see yes its violent but ten year olds can handle the cussing has one f bomb a-- s--- damn etc ten can handle
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatiedayyy February 20, 2014

great movie

I really loved this movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time and i overall loved it. A lot of explosions and shooting but you dont see that much blood and only a couple bodies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 January 31, 2014

Wow

This movie is really good and funny, but also profane at some points. But it's nothing a 13 yr old hasn't heard a hundred times at school.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

White House Down: The perfect action movie.

The perfect action movie of the summer is action packed mixed in with a little bit of comedy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 January 13, 2014

Aweosme action film

This film gripped me from start to finish. Channing tatum's charcter is a good role model as he shows his commitment for the President. Lots of action and violence, and at times I wanted to cry (and I NEVER cry at films). Great film for boys and girls
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Good action movie, but not the best

This movie will entertain action movie fans, but isn't as good as Roland Emmerich's other movies, like Independence Day, which is my favorite movie directed by him. This movie is very violent and definetley not for little kids. Language is strong, too, including "a--hole", "s--t" and one "f--k".
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2014

Roland Emmerich flick, although derivative, is thrilling, comedic, violent, and patriotic.

"White House Down" is the patriotic thriller from director Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, 2012, The Day After Tomorrow). It stars Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum, who's chemistry is brilliant. There's almost no sex or romance, but there's language, including a single "f--k you," and "pr--k," plus "s--t," "b--ch," "a--hole," "g-d--n," and "h--l." High-tech thermal equipment reveals (through a building) the outline of two people on top of each other (sex is implied), however you only see it for seconds. John agrees to provide a young female aid "dinner and more than second base"for her help getting him a Secret Service interview and a White House pass for his daughter. During a White House tour, a woman wants to see a secret tunnel that John F. Kennedy purportedly used to smuggle Marilyn Monroe into the White House for his alleged affair with her. We hear that John and his wife welcomed little Emily into the world just six months after they were married. Although the violence in the film is often downplayed by comedic overtones, there's lots of it and an extremely high body count (collateral damage), but there are only a few bloody injuries. People die of bullet wounds, explosions and blunt force. The weapons range from hand and machine guns, to grenades and anti-aircraft missiles, military helicopter, and nuclear missiles. There are also a few hand-to-hand battles, executions or close-range murders. Civilians, including an 11-year-old girl and a school group are held hostage and threatened. The president chews Niccorette gum and is obviously a former smoker. A staffer for the vice president drinks on a plane. Overall, "White House Down" is a patriotic thriller, that's ridiculous, violent and entertaining.