All member reviews for Wild

Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham February 2, 2015

"Wild" by Christopher Graham

This is a film that is powerfully moving and emotionally resonant. This film stars Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Thomas Sadoski, and Gaby Hoffman. In 1995, Cheryl Strayed decides to hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail alone as a way to heal herself following her divorce, the death of her mother, and years of reckless, destructive behavior. I thought that this film was a unique masterpiece that works perfectly on its source material. The acting was great (especially from Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern), the direction was well-handled, and even the cinematography was well-done as well. Overall, I thought that this film was a perfectly done film that works perfectly with the right storyline to make it worth seeing and that it is also a feel-good story that avoids sentimentality. Adults, teens, and 16 year olds are meant to see this movie, if they love Reese Witherspoon and Cheryl Strayed. Younger kids are not meant to see this movie based on its sexual content, nudity, drug use, and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byagogirl1 January 10, 2015

My grandmother took me to see this, thinking it was PG-13. While I think it was a little intense, but not too bad for me to watch, I know other teens who would definitely be bothered by some scenes in the move. There are brief scenes of nudity, though she is seen having sex frequently and at one point the characters shoot heroin.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 24, 2015

Reese Witherspoon is phenomenal!

This was an amazing movie. One of the most adventurous true stories I've ever watched! Lots of great messages throughout the movie, like be happy even through the toughest times, you can be strong, and make your life a memory. Lots of thematic material, lots of people teared up in the theater, because some of the stuff may have related to them and their bad choices, or their mothers death. Lots of sexual content though, including flash scenes of the main character (usually naked) (breasts and backside only) having sexual activity to make money. And some nudity not relating to sex. A man is shown from a distance drying off after his bath in a lake, but the penis shot is really blurry and hard to even see. And sometimes Cheryl is in fear of rape. Language includes lots of F words (about 30), S words (12 or more), repeated "b--ch" "h---" "a--" and "d--n", Jesus's and Gods name are Repeated about 8-9 times. Violence is surprising not a big issue here. Other than some scenes where Cheryl is scared about someone doing violence to her. And lots of drugs including, Cheryl use do inject or have injected heroin, people smoke some times, and Cheryl gets drunk along the trail (once she barfs), a man tries to lure her with alcohol, and lots more. And in a few scenes she doesn't trust God. But overall this is a phenomenal movie that is exciting over and over when you watch it. Reese Witherspoon at her best.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySadieDaisy138 May 4, 2015