All teen and kid member reviews for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

spectacular !

great(and somtimes strage)movie.
Kid, 8 years old August 12, 2010
I love the movie but i don't like the tunnel scene .
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Eh...

I don't know why Willy Wonka is considered a 'classic.' It is boring at times, not all that funny, and Willy Wonka himself comes across as a bit sadistic. There are people who compare this to Wizard of Oz, which was a far better classic. Overrated. Good for kids: 6+
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 October 15, 2011

BAD

If you've read the book you will understand the new movie is way more accurate.

Favorite movie

Willy wonka and the chocalate factory is my favorite movie.i watched it with my aunt and my parents we all laughed at the funny and crazy things Willy Wonka did. you should watch this movie its really funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrazyKaulitzWriter November 23, 2011

Oompa Loompa

I grew up watching this movie. I watched it for the first time in several years the other day and realized how much I had loved it when I was younger. None the less, I found a few things that actually managed to freak me out; The boat ride, for example. I mean. . . seriously? That's freaking scary! Wonka does seem rather sadistic at times, now that I think about it, but Gene Wilder was amazing in the role. I adore the way he played Wonka. A few perilous moments are in there, but everyone makes it out alive eventually. Those who misbehave get what they deserve, and Charlie is rewarded for being a good kid. I absolutely LOVE Grandpa Joe. He always manages to be my favorite character (next to Wonka) in every version of the film I've seen. ♥ This is a MUST-SEE film; A wonderful classic! The Oopma Loopa song is stuck in my head for eternity now, though. Ugh. . . >.<
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2013

BEWARE OF BOAT RIDE SCENE

The movie's purpose is to not be greedy, braggy, spoiled, and addicted to tv. This is clearly noted throughout the movie. I would put three, but for the Creepy boat scene. After the candy room scene, they all get on a boat. The ride is dark. Creepy images appear, like worms on dead bodies, and Willy Wonka tells a frighting story. I watched it recently. I'm twelve and even I admit that scene was terrifying. Bravo even ranked the scene as a Top 100 scariest movie scene ever next to Rated-R horror films! I recommend looking up the scene on YouTube to make sure your kids can handle it. If they can't, it's the only scary part (besides the Oompa Loompas for me) so you can skip it and watch the rest of the film worry free.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2013

boat ride is so DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime i mean EVERYTIME THE BOAT RIDE COMES, I ALWAYS CLOSE MY EYES. there disturbing, like a bug,a snake,a foot! its so DISTURBING!!!!!! its not good for people under 7.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 20, 2009

Scary at times

This movie was on TV and for the longest time I couldn't watch it because the Oompa Loompa's were really scary to watch. It's a brilliant work of imagination for its time and has you wanting to be good like Charlie and crave chocolate for at least a couple of weeks.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

WB IS EVIL!!!!

WB IS SO EVIL WHEN THEY MADE THIS MOVIE THAT IN THE BOAT RIDE, FIRST THEY SHOW GREEN SMOKE, THEN A WORM, THEN THEY SHOW A WORM GOING ACROSS A RESTING GUY'S MOUTH! THEN THEY SHOW THE GUY'S EYE IN HORROR, THEN THEY SHOW A CHICKEN BEING BEHEADED, AND OTHER SICK STUFF LIKE THAT! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! THE DIDN'T EVEN GET THE TITLE RIGHT. (the book is called CHARLIE and the Chocolate Factory)
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 December 31, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

This is a great movie but the mildly frightening scenes make it only for kids 5 and older.

Let me just start off by saying that despite this movies g rating there is a scene about five minutes in where Charlie walks past a magazine vendor and there is a magazine with a fully naked women and it's not blurred. However kids will probably not notice it because I know I didn't when I was a little kid. I haven't seen it in a few years but that's what I heard on imdb. Not to mention the film also has a strange atmosphere which may be a little unsettling to some. Some of the frightening scenes include the mysterious professor slugworth who appears out of nowhere and tells Charlie to steal a everlasting gobstoper from wonka's factory and there is some mild creppy music playing. But the most frightening scene in the movie is where they are on Mr wonkas boat and they start going towards a really dark tunnel and when they get inside creepy images appear on the walls which I won't spoil. Wonka then starts singing a really scary poem that gets more dark as it progresses. I didn't get scared at it when I was young but now it really gives me the creeps. This is a wonderful movie anyway however and should be seen by anybody 5 and up.
Kid, 7 years old December 27, 2010
I admit it, it was just stupid!!! I hate when Augustus falls in the chocolate river and gets sucked up the tube it was so fast and scary and when I say scary I mean SCARY SCARY!!!!! I will never watch it again!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 25, 2010

Does It Get Much Better Than This?

This is one of my favorite stories of all time. I think my favorite song ever is probably "Pure Imagination," which is from this movie. Gene Wilder does an astounding performance as Willy Wonka. He's much better than Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka in my opinion. Absolute must-see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctor11 September 16, 2013

A little disturbing for the little ones

this is a pretty good movie. very fun and will wonka was my fave character. the only part that kind of disturbed me as a young child was the boat ride in the tunnle. the reason being that (1) Willy Wonka is just so pleasant and jolly all the time that when he turns all dark and unemotional and starts yelling that is a tiny bit disturbing. (2.) in the background of the tunnle there are slightly disturbing videos on the wall of bugs like spiders and centipedes. some of them crawling on people. As a 4-5 year old this disturbed me. if your kid is more sensitive i would say dont watch untill 6 or 7. if they are as much u could let them watch a little earlier. there are some perilous parts such as when agustus gloop was sucked into the chocolate tube thing and u have no idea about waht happend to him. not knowing if the kids are ok might scare some little little ones. personaly i was ok with it.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2011

a rated G movie has some action violence iffy for kids 9-11

this 1970's motion picture was released from paramount pictures then changed it to warner bros.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 September 11, 2010

WOW

an awsome movie for the 1970's!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Good Movie

I brought it to school once.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham January 18, 2015

"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" by Christopher Graham

I thought that this film was excellent and filled with sweet imagination that will entertain kids and adults of any age. The performances of the kids and the adults were very well-practiced and well-done, the direction was very imaginative, and the storyline was so colorful and fun to its purpose of the source material of the book. The performance of Willy Wonka by Gene Wilder was done perfectly, He presented a fun and mysterious Willy Wonka, he was good-spirited and good-natured, he looked just like a real Willy Wonka, and he even had a very great attitude towards the people around him. Overall, I thought that this film was very sweet and true to its source material and that it will entertain many people of any age. Kids and 8 year olds are meant to see this movie for its imagination and attitude towards the book. Adults can see this movie too as well. Any kid can see this movie for it is rated G for General Audiences with no problems at all.