All member reviews for Win Win

Mature dramedy triumphs with grace and wisdom.

Adult Written bykhan2705 June 10, 2011

One Of the year's very best. Fantastic.

4.5/5 Paul Giamatti headlines writer/director Tom McCarthy's comedy drama centering on a beleaguered attorney and part-time wrestling coach who schemes to keep his practice from going under by acting as the legal caretaker of an elderly client. Mike Flaherty (Giamatti) thinks he has discovered the perfect loophole to keep his practice in business. But his brilliant plan hits an unexpected hitch when his client's troubled grandson shows up looking for a place to stay. With his home life in turmoil and both of his careers in jeopardy, Mike quickly realizes that he'll have to get creative in order to find a way out of his current predicament. ok seriously, i am now a full on Paul Giamatti's Fan, i really like his choice of movies. well this is an indie movie, i really like indie movies. and it is a very good one. seeing it getting very good reviews i became quite curious to watch this movie and i saw it today and wow what a movie it was, truly a really touch heartwarming movie with a bit of humor and sports. as i started watching this movie, i wasn't sure i gonna like it but it just grew on me and i started to like it very much. i must say this movie will stay with me for as long as i remember. one of the best movies of this year. it is not much slow paced movie as people think. Screenplay is the best quality of this movie and i wish it gets a Nomination for it in Oscars really well written. superbly written actually. story is different and good about Mike who is a lawyer and a part time wrestling coach and has shown in a different way unlike any other cliched Hollywood lawyer figure. story is really different. good cinematography, good editing. nice score to it. Direction is very good too by the actor Tom McCarthy who directed The Visitor. Starring Paul Giamatti who performed really well as always, Alex Shaffer as Kyle and Bobby Cannavale as Terry were good supporting cast. other actors are Amy Ryan, Jeffrey Tambor, Melanie Lynskey , Burt Young , Margo Martindale , David Thompson. good performances. this is such an perfect movie with climax that gets really emotional but it has some comedy thrown here and there that really fits in. its heart touching heart warming movie. Win Win is a winner all the way, two thumbs up. Must Watch for Indie fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byorangetiger June 14, 2011

Inspiring and unexpected

Pretty good movie. The only reason it was rated R was because of the language it used, and it wasn't very violent at all, really. Not what you'd expect from this kind of movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byTurch April 25, 2011

I have no idea why this movie is rated R. No violence, no sex, just "heartfelt drama," (as my son said), meaningful insight into the struggles of real people, and some great mature (not sexual) humor that kids- especially boys- can get. This is just the kind of message I want my son exposed to (as opposed to the degredation and meaninglessness I typically find in movies.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysetsie1 October 27, 2011

If your kid has ridden the bus to middle school they've heard this word.

I have no problem with my 12 year old watching this movie. The violence isn't overly graphic. The language while coarse, isn't used abusively. Nothing blows up, there are no weapons or injury. The adult in this movie makes a bad decision and shows remorse. There is an adult who abuses drugs but there are no scenes with this person under the influence. There are some adult situations and conversations. There are also some funny moments. It is a mature story that can be enjoyed by a mature pre-teen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshawshank96 September 10, 2011

Amazing

I saw Win Win earlier this year and it was an incredible movie. Tremendously acted. However, there is a lot of language and some emotional issues, although, there really isn't anything else to worry about.
Parent Written bydricelo August 15, 2011

Nice and interesting

Some famous industry products being used by the characters.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdriana62 June 10, 2011

Language is only problem: great movie!

This movie had really good messages and there were some funny parts. It shouldn't be rated R because there is only language to worry about. A little violence, wrestling, a teenager shoving an adult, and teenager has a black eye presumably by the mother's boyfriend. Great movie.