Kid reviews for World War Z

Brad Pitt zombie thriller is dull, despite intense moments.

Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2018

It was so good! Almost no swearing and no sex at all! Barly any blood. The ending is so sweet and made me go "Ah ha!". Amazing for 10 and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheLegend1 June 19, 2018

Not too much gory images

There is not as much blood in any other zombie films, but some scenes might be scary for some little kids. After all it isn’t that bad.
There is some swearing here and there but not as much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAldi2ola May 12, 2018
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2018

Interesting.

Come on parents, let your kids make their own choices. It's their life anyways. When I saw that this was rated 15+ on this website, I was OUTRAGED!!! Gory or not, movie rating should not exist. I watched this once and it was great! The most terrifying part was probably when they found the cure so it could all end.

Kid, 8 years old January 7, 2018

Jump scares

It's a great film for 9's and overs, but the jump scares scare you a lot.
Lots of zombies running around and a lot of blood and gun shots so it's quite scary for little kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySammi Plate October 13, 2017

Good movie for watching with friends

This movie is the best Zombie movie I have watched so far, it is intense at parts but otherwise really well thought through and the story to it is great.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybiovox14 October 6, 2017

Fantastic Z-poc Theory

So this movie was based on an excellent book, so the movie had a lot to live up too, and it did! It could be a little slow moving, but with excellent atmosphere, and perfect execution of jump scares, with enough family bonds to tie it together, its just great. Now as said before, it can be a little slow moving, but its also very intense, as their running away. It wasn't overly graphic, as that tends to be what zombie movies rely on, and focuses more on the main characters. No sexual content, and not to much language, but too intense for kids. When humans become zombies it may be a little disturbing to some.
Teen, 13 years old Written byredbear April 16, 2017

Best zombie film!!

It's quite slow at moments but this film is perfect for a movie night with tweens and teens

Teen, 14 years old Written byknorloff February 21, 2017

Not my favorite, but okay

I think this movie is worth your time to watch. Although it was very entertaining, the plot should have been a bit more complicated. The plot was basically this: There were zombies and they needed to find a way to kill the zombies. That's it. No plot twists or anything. Also, I would have liked to know how the zombies got here in the first place. I also think that the ending could have provided a little more closure. Other than these problems, I think that this movie was very entertaining and very scary (there were a lot of jump scares) , so it is good to watch if you are first getting into scary movies. This movie is definitely not for young children or people who tend to get very upset over violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAmazing_Adelina February 11, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byasdfgita October 19, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byHandsDownHorrorMan July 5, 2016

This is a good movie!

Look below. I watched this movie and though it was fine but I'm going to be completely honest with you parents.

Kid, 8 years old May 24, 2016

AMAZING !!!!!!!;;

Very good unexpected I'm 9 my mum doesn't let me watch zombie (or aggressive over the top movies) but she said lets try this it was amazing very suspense very good violence 4/5 sex 1/5 language 3/5 drinking 1/5 drugs 2/5 smoking 1/5 overall AGE 10

Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM March 22, 2016

An Okay Zombie Movie

This is a fine movie for ages 11 and up, for dark and grisly images, violence, and some gore (in the unrated version). This movie has some great action scenes, including zombies and planes, and if your child likes action, this is a good movie for them. Brad Pitt is a good actor for this role, and expect some cuss words and disturbing images.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan March 11, 2016

Scary but not terrifying

This movie is borderline rated R. Expect frequent violence. The zombies scenes are scary and intense, and there are pop-up scenes. This movie has many frightening scenes, and one more graphic scene. Overall, do not watch this is you can't handle scary zombie attacks and intense pop-up scenes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKoolkid101 March 2, 2016

Totally fine for kids

Think to yourself-has my kid (or yourself)seen any zombie film or tv show? If the answer is yes, you can see this film as it's the tamest zombie movie I've ever seen. The zombies almost look like normal people (literally they just turn paler and their veins pop they're not gory in the slightest)and the jump scares are predictable. There's no gore and every kill is not shown on screen. Unlike most zombie films and tv shows the main character is a great role model and a hero throughout. And it was advertised as strictly a disaster film (when my mom saw the trailer she thought it was about earthquakes lol) I took my 10 year old little bro to this ( who is a scaredy cat) and he came out thinking it was the best thing ever. As far as the actual story, it's kinda far fetched and unrealistic and has a lot of cliches, but kids love it. In fact, I'd say this is the zombie movie for kids. And there is very mild language as its a pg-13 film, which honestly zombie movies should be R, but this one works for kids at pg-13 And there is product placement when Gerry takes a long sip of Pepsi lol.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChezchadbread February 22, 2016

Cool movie.

I will be giving some insight to both the theatrical AND the extended versions of this film. The theatrical version is pretty harmless, just some scary zombie sequences and some gunfights (not human to human). No blood at all. 11+.
Tje extended version contains more blood splatter, especially during the scene where a character chops off another's hand.there is also a part where a guy pulls his tooth out and spits a cup's worth of blood. The extended version is much more intense. 13+ for this one.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

A ZOMBIE THRILLER

I did not have such a fun time watching this movie. It was a dumb zombie film. At the beginning of the movie you see a guy being attacked by a zombie. After you see him transforming into one. It is very disturbing. You see plenty of blood and gore as well as creepy zombies. Zombies bite human and you also see the dead bodies after they bite them. In one scene Brat Pitt has to cut off a woman's arm and wraps it with tape. That might be disturbing for your children. There is no sex besides kissing. The language is not that strong although you might here the word shit and other words like that sometimes. There is no drinking drugs or smoking. The only drinking part is when Brat Pitt drinks Pepsi.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 8, 2015

Very Fun, Intense Bloody Zombie Flick

World war z was an entertaining movie that has violence some language. First off the violence was pretty strong. Lots of zombies eating people, some blood. The unrated cut was very bloody with arms cut off and blood spraying out. Fairly intense seen when they go into the office to fetch the infection cabinet. Just regular violence with zombies guns and crap. Language is not bad. Just a couple of a words, s words, d words and a f word. Very good for 12 year olds. Younger might scare some kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 22, 2015