All member reviews for World War Z

Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke G June 21, 2013

The movie stinks and it's unsuitable for children

"World War Z" focuses on the zombie apocalypse and how a family of a husband, wife and two daughters survive the onslaught. The whole storyline is dull and the movie is heavily advertised. The movie's also very bloody and gory. This movie did not even come close to being what people expected.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2013

Utterly disappointing.

This is an extremely shallow movie. It is filled with utterly boring action sequences, and does very little to keep viewers interested. The director doesn't allow viewers to get to know the characters, and because of this, you don't really care whether or not the characters die, or survive. There is very little violence, and almost no bad language. There is absolutely no sexuality, at all.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

Good for zombie fans, but beware your age.

It was a little more than scary for me, im ten. Freaky, not so good for kids under ten.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 25, 2013

World War Z is Horriying, Intense, and a Brilliant Movie but Totally Not for Kids

First of all, from the preview, this movie did not look scary at all. Well, the preview was totally wrong. This was probably the scariest movie I've ever seen. There are about 100 parts where zombies pop-up out of know where am scare you to to death... no pun intended :). There were about 10 kids in theater, and by the end, there were only a few because it's that disturbing. The zombies are graphic and the way they kill people is gruesome. There are some scenes that will blow over kid's heads such as there is a scene in a grocery store where a man is on top of a woman beginning/ trying to rape her but dosent get to do it as he is brutally killed. The movie has many,many, many scares and intense scenes. Personally, I didn't think I was going to make it but I'm glad I'd because i loved it. Be prepared to sit in the most intense and horrifying 2 hours of your life.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 22, 2013

Almost as Good as "I am Legend,World War Z is a tense movie with great set pieces(4.25 out of 5 stars)

“World War Z is a tense mix of genres, and works well as a movie. The acting is good(Especially Brad Pitts performance), the action is fast moving(and for the most part) well done, the set pieces are really good(especially Israelis action set piece), the emotions are very believable, the pace(for at least the first hour or so) is extremely fast paced and tense and most importantly, World War Z blends a lot of genres together(War, Suspense, mystery, action, sci-fi, horror and thriller) and in doing so makes an enjoyable movie. The only negatives are that the character development (besides Brad Pitt’s character) isn’t really fleshed out and there are some clichés. But overall I would recommend this film.” -Zombie violence(mostly bloodless), No nudity, about 25 profanities(10 are s-words). Overall 14+
Teen, 14 years old Written bytraylorharp99 July 9, 2013

World War Z

Let me start off by saying that all the other reviews you shouldn't listen too. The movie is intense for kids 12 and under, and they should not see this movie. There are sequences that will give kids nightmares. Parents should know that when a movie say PG-13, that means it's recommended for kids 13 and up, not 13 and under. So think before you plan to buy the tickets for your younger children.13 and above are more likely to understand and comprehend the movie, do not take a kid just because the kid is begging you to see it, do not cave!!! The movie is good, there is some language, the violence is a 4 out of 5. The main character (played by Brad Pitt) is a good role model, doesn't want to use violence unless he must, he cares for his daughters and wife. I would recommend to seeing this movie.
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2013

this is right

so I just saw it at an 8 yr old it was kind of scary to me so if you like jumpscares this is the movie for you
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier July 21, 2013

Underrated

This movie is underrated I loved it and would give it an 8.5/10.0 now to the violence the gore or blood at the beginning of the movie is mostly unoticed because of the HUGE hordes of zombies so you can't tell which zombie got shot, but at the end or middle things get a little more graphic and intense this movie was great but may disturbe or scare little kids or even a 8 or 9 year old but it all depends on your child.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

Suspenseful Thriller! Great Job, Brad Pitt!

I saw this movie not to long ago. It was really amazing for me, I do not understand how some say it is disappointing. Although it is about zombies, I didn't find it too scary. More startling. Things pop out all the time, and there is much suspense. But, I can't speak for everyone. I did think a few times, 'woah, that must be really scary for some'. For me, not too much. There is some zombie close ups which feature the flesh eating zombies. They look pretty realistic. I recommend this movie to kids who aren't scared too easily. I found the trailer for a horror movie more scary than the movie itself. I personally LOVED it! If you are going to take a little one to this movie, and they are scared, remind them that it isn't real and never will happen. Like I said, I cannot speak for everyone. Good luck, and I 100% recommend this to adults that love thrillers.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

decent and moderatly violent zombie movie

This movie is somewhat violent. There is only blood in one scene where an airplane crashes and the lead character is stabbed with shrapnel. But it is tame compared to other zombie movies. That being said it is not a kid movie, there are 1 or 2 jumpscares and lots of intense scenes. The zombies themselves could also scare younger viewers. The quality of the movie depends on what you wanted from it, if you wanted a ultra gory super scary horror flick than you would be dissapointed. But if what you were looking for an actiony thriller with huge amounts of zombies then this will be the best thing since color tv.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

Scary fo 9 and under

World war Z in nothing but violent. There is a meager amount of cussing enough for a 10 year old. The movie is good overall but consider the amount of sci fi violence in this intense sci fi thriller.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperFast29 July 30, 2013

Not very graphic, but sooo dull

The title says it all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNoa_iak September 6, 2013

Great movie but scary

The only problem in this movie is that it is scary. A friend of mine which is 16 in a month set next to me and couldn't watch the movie because it was scary. On the other hand I found the andrnalin a great addtive to the experience and I loved the movie. There is action all the time and the critics make it sound alot worse then it actually is.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

Good movie

It was a great movie. I wasnt scary, coming from a squeamish 12 year old. I think it is just the intense scenes that made me rate it what i rated it
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 February 26, 2015

Very good

very good but to violent for a PG-13 the thing that got it PG-13 is the swearing because there is barely none 2 s words one goddamn and one bitch that is very few for a 2 hour long movie the violence was out of this world probably should of been rated r but if it was r rated it would not be a tame r still.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChase1111111 January 11, 2015

AMMMAZING

Watching Brad Pitt kick ass is awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 22, 2014

Very violent and dumb Pitt thriller is just stupid

My rating:R for zombie violence,langauge,terror,sexuality/nudity and graphic images
Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjaNate October 25, 2014

Best Zombie movie ever!

This is one of the best movies i have ever seen! Don't know why people gave it bad reviews.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Amazing!!!

When my parents let me watch this, I thought it was going to be another movie like Resident Evil, but I was wrong! This movie was better than any other zombie movie I've watched! However if your going to let your child watch this, I suggest skipping the part when the woman gets her arm amputated. Besides that, there is really no gory parts.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2014