All member reviews for World War Z

Brad Pitt zombie thriller is dull, despite intense moments.

Parent Written byjoaniew July 8, 2013

Watch out for trailers beforehand.....scarier than the movie itself!

My 10 year old son has a high threshold for action movies with this kind of intensity, so he handled the scary zombie sequences without incident. The previews/trailers, however, were another story....3 incredibly disturbing trailers in a row for ghost/home invasion/violence movies. He knows to "close his eyes and ears", but I wish they would develop a ratings warning for the trailers before the movie.....the movie was mild in comparison.
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2013

this is right

so I just saw it at an 8 yr old it was kind of scary to me so if you like jumpscares this is the movie for you
Parent Written bySam Donder December 7, 2013

World war z is much better than your typical zombie movie, but has lots of violence

World War Z is a good action movie that has more plot than most big budget action movies. The only content that isn't appropriate for kids is the violence, and scary images. The violence is intense and somewhat bloody, there are lots of shootings, zombies bite victims, and there is an explosion in a plane that sucks some people out and severely injures the survivors on impact. The zombies in this movie are scary and there are several scenes of suspenseful quiet with the anticipation of attack that might be too much for some kids. Overall this is a good action movie that will be enjoyed by viewers of many ages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier July 21, 2013

Underrated

This movie is underrated I loved it and would give it an 8.5/10.0 now to the violence the gore or blood at the beginning of the movie is mostly unoticed because of the HUGE hordes of zombies so you can't tell which zombie got shot, but at the end or middle things get a little more graphic and intense this movie was great but may disturbe or scare little kids or even a 8 or 9 year old but it all depends on your child.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

Suspenseful Thriller! Great Job, Brad Pitt!

I saw this movie not to long ago. It was really amazing for me, I do not understand how some say it is disappointing. Although it is about zombies, I didn't find it too scary. More startling. Things pop out all the time, and there is much suspense. But, I can't speak for everyone. I did think a few times, 'woah, that must be really scary for some'. For me, not too much. There is some zombie close ups which feature the flesh eating zombies. They look pretty realistic. I recommend this movie to kids who aren't scared too easily. I found the trailer for a horror movie more scary than the movie itself. I personally LOVED it! If you are going to take a little one to this movie, and they are scared, remind them that it isn't real and never will happen. Like I said, I cannot speak for everyone. Good luck, and I 100% recommend this to adults that love thrillers.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bygerbowski November 20, 2013

World War Z

It's a bummer that this movie isn't more like the book that it's supposed to be based on. The book is really good, I highly recommend it. The movie could have been so much better, but unfortunately its just another zombie action flick.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

decent and moderatly violent zombie movie

This movie is somewhat violent. There is only blood in one scene where an airplane crashes and the lead character is stabbed with shrapnel. But it is tame compared to other zombie movies. That being said it is not a kid movie, there are 1 or 2 jumpscares and lots of intense scenes. The zombies themselves could also scare younger viewers. The quality of the movie depends on what you wanted from it, if you wanted a ultra gory super scary horror flick than you would be dissapointed. But if what you were looking for an actiony thriller with huge amounts of zombies then this will be the best thing since color tv.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

Scary fo 9 and under

World war Z in nothing but violent. There is a meager amount of cussing enough for a 10 year old. The movie is good overall but consider the amount of sci fi violence in this intense sci fi thriller.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperFast29 July 30, 2013

Not very graphic, but sooo dull

The title says it all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNoa_iak September 6, 2013

Great movie but scary

The only problem in this movie is that it is scary. A friend of mine which is 16 in a month set next to me and couldn't watch the movie because it was scary. On the other hand I found the andrnalin a great addtive to the experience and I loved the movie. There is action all the time and the critics make it sound alot worse then it actually is.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

Good movie

It was a great movie. I wasnt scary, coming from a squeamish 12 year old. I think it is just the intense scenes that made me rate it what i rated it
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 February 26, 2015

Very good

very good but to violent for a PG-13 the thing that got it PG-13 is the swearing because there is barely none 2 s words one goddamn and one bitch that is very few for a 2 hour long movie the violence was out of this world probably should of been rated r but if it was r rated it would not be a tame r still.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChase1111111 January 11, 2015

AMMMAZING

Watching Brad Pitt kick ass is awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 22, 2014

Very violent and dumb Pitt thriller is just stupid

My rating:R for zombie violence,langauge,terror,sexuality/nudity and graphic images
Educator Written byShadowslayer November 28, 2014

Zombies... The Apocalypse Awaits!

Zombies! Loads of them! If you like The Walking Dead or Brad Pitt, this is the movie for you! Full of undead wannabies; camouflage and disease, ranging from the United States to Isreal, this movie covers the entire world in the accumulated search for a possible "cure" to stop the MADNESS! It only takes 12 seconds to become a Zombie -- will you be one of them? This movie truly connects the family together in a "gripping your seats" movie, with danger at every corner. Watch out for violence, there is truly quite a few scenes that are "iffy" for younger viewers. Also, the heighted tension is crazy. But a good movie nonetheless!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjaNate October 25, 2014

Best Zombie movie ever!

This is one of the best movies i have ever seen! Don't know why people gave it bad reviews.
Adult Written byBubblyMushroom August 30, 2014

Ehhh

Honestly, this movie is pretty much a waste of your time. The plot is rushed and not very realistic. Not to mention the zombies are more like real people than the undead. The problem is resolved way, too quickly. This movie is pretty violent and does contain some language, but is overall not inappropriate for kids around 11. Even so, I wouldn't bother.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Amazing!!!

When my parents let me watch this, I thought it was going to be another movie like Resident Evil, but I was wrong! This movie was better than any other zombie movie I've watched! However if your going to let your child watch this, I suggest skipping the part when the woman gets her arm amputated. Besides that, there is really no gory parts.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2014

Great Pitt movie

Two words: just awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written bycait luvs bbc July 8, 2014

WORLD WAR Z IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE

I hate zombies, but I liked this movie because it doesn't just focus on zombies, it has an actual story to it. It deals with a dad trying to save the world from the apocalypse. you see the effects of the zombies around the whole entire world. I was surprised because I thought it would be really gory, but surprisingly it was toned down enough that, depending on the family, the whole family could watch.