All member reviews for World War Z

Brad Pitt zombie thriller is dull, despite intense moments.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 25, 2015

WWZ

This movie is fun and really scary, it has a lot of intense zombie moments and scared the crap out of me when I watched it in 3D two years ago. I have seen it 8 times and I still love it. World War Z is not a family movie but should by all teens who like scary movies. Brad Pitt is really great in this movie!
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

i absolutely loved this movie

This movie is awesome!!! It was on the edge of being a R movie. It is not R because it doesn't have blood. But one scene Gerry Lane(the main character) got stopped In the stomach. This movie stars Brad Pitt. This movie was also very scary but mostly a thriller. The zombies were very scary but looked much like humans. Their eyes give me the creeps. Also this movie is very violent but isn't really dark. I recommend teens mostly watching this amazing movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRhysbob123 May 24, 2015

World War Z Fair review

Everyone else who wrote a review seems to have totally blown this film off proportion. The film itself is highly enjoyable with many action scenes which keep your heart pounding. This zombie thriller is very smart in how it's made, focusing on how to survive an apocalypse rather than it being full of blood and gore. I didn't give this a 5 as some scenes seem unrealistic and the characters aren't given much development. There are also some product placement. Highly enjoyable film would recommend it to any one over the age of 15
Kid, 8 years old May 23, 2015

Extremely gruesome, disturbing zombie flick is very graphic.

My rating:R for strong sequences of graphic zombie violence, language, and suicide.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byA Bigger Parent March 20, 2015

My Smart 6-Year-Old Girl Loved It

I know what you're thinking: "This crazy guy let his 6-year-old girl watch this filth?" but hear me out, and I'm sure you'll still disagree with me. My brother and I were raised on some of the most violent, bloody, and "bad language" filled movies, TV, and video games growing up. Our parents only covered our eyes (literally and figuratively) from sexual content, and we both turned out to be compassionate, passive, anti-war, vegetarians. You might not agree with us politically or socially, but the fact remains that we respect others, in all forms of life, and are full of love and affection toward those close to us. That being said, I am doing the same thing with my children. I hope that they will grow up with the warmth and value for human life, and otherwise, that their smart and kind daddy did. So, she can watch whatever violence she thinks isn't too scary for her. She sometimes makes guesses on how they did the special effects, because she knows that that is what it is. I watch them first, and see if there is anything too bad, mostly just sexual content, and I OKed this film. As for the low rating for a good role model that most people are giving to this film: ---SPOILER ALERT--- Brad Pitt's character in this is the height of a caring and brave father, insistent on the safety of his family, and the world, from the very beginning. And at the end, he injects himself with a deadly disease, under the slightest chance that it might help others, and it does. It was terrifically heart-warming, and I think it could instill courage and true consideration in some of the most reclusive of people, and I'm glad I and my beautiful young daughter had a chance to see it. Thank you for reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 February 26, 2015

Very good

very good but to violent for a PG-13 the thing that got it PG-13 is the swearing because there is barely none 2 s words one goddamn and one bitch that is very few for a 2 hour long movie the violence was out of this world probably should of been rated r but if it was r rated it would not be a tame r still.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChase1111111 January 11, 2015

AMMMAZING

Watching Brad Pitt kick ass is awesome.
Written byAnonymous December 22, 2014

Very violent and dumb Pitt thriller is just stupid

My rating:R for zombie violence,langauge,terror,sexuality/nudity and graphic images
Educator Written byShadowslayer November 28, 2014

Zombies... The Apocalypse Awaits!

Zombies! Loads of them! If you like The Walking Dead or Brad Pitt, this is the movie for you! Full of undead wannabies; camouflage and disease, ranging from the United States to Isreal, this movie covers the entire world in the accumulated search for a possible "cure" to stop the MADNESS! It only takes 12 seconds to become a Zombie -- will you be one of them? This movie truly connects the family together in a "gripping your seats" movie, with danger at every corner. Watch out for violence, there is truly quite a few scenes that are "iffy" for younger viewers. Also, the heighted tension is crazy. But a good movie nonetheless!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjaNate October 25, 2014

Best Zombie movie ever!

This is one of the best movies i have ever seen! Don't know why people gave it bad reviews.
Adult Written byBubblyMushroom August 30, 2014

Ehhh

Honestly, this movie is pretty much a waste of your time. The plot is rushed and not very realistic. Not to mention the zombies are more like real people than the undead. The problem is resolved way, too quickly. This movie is pretty violent and does contain some language, but is overall not inappropriate for kids around 11. Even so, I wouldn't bother.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Amazing!!!

When my parents let me watch this, I thought it was going to be another movie like Resident Evil, but I was wrong! This movie was better than any other zombie movie I've watched! However if your going to let your child watch this, I suggest skipping the part when the woman gets her arm amputated. Besides that, there is really no gory parts.
Kid, 8 years old July 3, 2014

It is a great movie. i'm happy the creators turned down the blood. I think it is a good movie too watch with your family as long as it's not at night and your family is older than 10.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2014

Surprisingly entertaining zombie movie!

Parents who have children who are often scared or influenced by violent and frightening films, take caution while reviewing this film. This has to be the most violent PG-13 rated movie I have ever seen besides The Dark Night. The extensive violence includes semi-graphic images of killings and injuries earned in battles. Humans use spears, baseball bats, machine/hand guns, knives, swords, etc. to defend themselves against the zombies. Besides the immense violence the close-ups of the undead are quite disturbing. Don't even get me started on the "unrated cut." There is some language sprinkled throughout including a couple instances of s--t and several other mild swear words. Overall, this movie has so much more to offer than I expected. The trailers were not that interesting, and I had never read the book series so I didn't know what to expect. If you love thrillers, zombie films, or Brad Pitt, I would definitely recommend the movie and can't wait to see its to possible sequels.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

I saw this movie EXACTLY a year ago.

So, I don't remember anything except zombies, violence, the opening, and the ending. But what I remember, this is okay for 12+
Teen, 14 years old Written byNotSean123 June 25, 2014
Kid, 11 years old April 30, 2014

Awesome Zombie Movie

While it may be violent, World War Z is a captivating action movie with edge-of-your seat moments. My family loved it, and so did I.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2014

Realistic

There is a lot of violence and it gets tense at points, but its one of the more possible zombie movies.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

NOTE: I didn't see the unrated version!

I only saw the theatrical version, it wasn't bad, had some violence, that's all. Maybe some profanity, can't remember....
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

World War Z Review

Good movie. But you gotta watch out for some stuff. Some scary moments. And it has intense violence and very good makeups. Some funny zombies parts at the end.