All parent member reviews for Wreck-It Ralph

Parent of a 13 year old Written bybenito jug November 6, 2012

horrible

worst movie i have ever seen
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 4, 2012

I'M GONNA WRECK IT!

I saw this movie recently,and it is now ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER! Hilarious jokes,great CGI,and so on.The actors did a great job with their voices.I love the way Wreck-It Ralph says "I'M GONNA WRECK IT!" I also love how the orange ghost turns blue.I can go on and on about how much I love this movie,but i'm guessing you get the point.I hope you take your family to see it.I COMMAND YOU.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 3, 2012

DISNEY'S GOT ANOTHER GREAT HIT!!!

As a gamer, this movie is amazing! It has almost all the gaming genres you could think of: action, first-person shooting, racing, strategy, and on and on, with many recognizable gaming characters: Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Pac-Man, Bowser, Q-bert, Frogger(I'm telling ya, this movie's fantastically great!). Not only will kids who are gamers will love this movie, but even adults who grew up playing these old arcade games may get a kick out of it as well! Wreck-It-Ralph is also a great role model for kids. Vanellope is the cutest and funniest character in the whole movie! The computer graphics, music, and voice acting are also really terrific! I recommend this movie not only to gamers, but to EVERYONE who loves an exciting, heart-warming, and funny movie! Call me crazy, but this might be the animated movie of the year!
Parent Written bykeltyj August 21, 2015

models undermining relationship patterns

I have never reviewed anything on any site - but I think it's time to start stating my opinions on some things (hopefully it can make an impact in some small way) I would never let my daughter see this movie. It has way to many negative messages - most importantly the sarcastic, demeaning communication between the characters. I don't know why we are scratching our heads when kids disregard adults when we model the "ralph - Vanellope" dynamic for them. It makes me sad that we can't find more uplifting, and true to life things to model for them. I know this could sound extreme - but this movie, and frankly almost all the movie's produced for "kids" right now are just hurting our kids and our families. It's too bad.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byguillaumetricot July 24, 2015

Adorable

Awww.. Loved this movie a lot. saw this movie like a year ago or so. I remember this movie had a lots of strong positive messages, even though it was quite sad some times. I remember my heart melted at some parts of the Pixar movie. Recommend it to everyone ! :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytintinruaza July 22, 2015

A Good Movie

This movie makes you learn about acceptance. You don't need a medal to prove that you're good. Being yourself is much better than pretending to be someone you're not. Caution: Vanellope says a few curse words in the movie.
Adult Written byBuggy1010YT June 5, 2015

BAD WORD

Is pussywillow a bad word cause i think it is
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian June 1, 2015

Character Study in How a Bad Guy Becomes Great

Wreck-it Ralph lives in the eight-bit video game Fix-it Felix Jr. More specifically, he's the bad guy who wrecks Niceland's apartment building and then gets thrown off the roof into the mud when good guy Felix fixes it. Ralph has had this job for 30 years, and in a world where unplugging a game makes its characters homeless, that's nothing to sneeze at. Yet as Ralph points out, it's hard to enjoy your job when nobody likes you for doing it. His bad guy status makes him an outcast in the arcade and he's sick of it. So when Ralph hears about a new game called Hero's Duty where winners get medals, he sees a solution to his problem. He'll jump into Hero's Duty after the arcade is closed, defeat the CyBugs within, win a medal, and bring it back to Fix-it Felix Jr. The Nicelanders will have to respect him then! Except as with any good story, it's not that simple--at all. The major strength here lies in the movie's characters. Ralph is a bad guy, but not a "bad guy." He starts out self-absorbed, but comes to care about others, especially Vanellope Von Schweetz, resident of another game called Sugar Rush. Vanellope wants to race like the other citizens of her game, but isn't allowed to because she's a game "glitch." She randomly blurs in and out of focus, and the game's denizens are worried if gamers saw that, they'd think the game was broken. The game would then be unplugged and the characters homeless. Since glitches can't leave their games, Vanellope would die with the game. Yet she's willing to take that risk for a chance to race and be part of her game's friendships. Ralph commits to helping her learn to drive and encourages her like a big brother. Vanellope learns to trust him and makes her first real friend. Other characters learn positive lessons as well. Good guy Felix, for instance, learns what it's like to be Ralph when he's mistakenly locked in Sugar Rush's dungeon. Sergeant Calhoun of Hero's Duty learns to face her personal pain when she falls for Felix. The Sugar Rush citizens are forced to confront a dangerous hidden truth about their ruler, King Candy, and the future of their game. This is all handled beautifully. As noted in other reviews, potty humor is a big turn-off in this movie. Vanellope and Ralph exchange gross insults as a form of friendly affection. Pants-wetting and wiping are referenced, and a character's underwear turns up in Lost and Found at a game called Tappers (the "bar" only serves root beer, it seems). Sergeant Calhoun has a clean, but rough mouth, as befits her first-person shooter game. Speaking of, Hero's Duty is violent by kid standards. Its antagonists, laboratory-created bugs, escape the game and eat everything in sight. Slapstick violence occurs as well. Zombies and a devil attend a Bad-Anon meeting. Vanellope is bullied and put down because she's a glitch. Her glitch is treated like a disability, which could bring up family discussion of how people with physical and other differences should be treated. Vanellope responds to her plight by being snarky and disrespectful at times. All these things are debris your family could potentially trip over. In general though, this is a well-built, fun film.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 19, 2015
Adult Written byguadalupec1 March 26, 2015
Adult Written byAllCanadianGirl March 18, 2015

Some iffy stuff....

Iffy: One use of "Pussy" (Yeah... In a Disney movie) , a few uses of "Shut up" , doodie, buttload, lots of innuendo (I HAVE BEEN DESTROYED!!!) . So, make sure your kid knows that this should not be repeated. Good: If I didn't list it above, we're good.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

my kids loved this movie

we enjoyed this movie my 10 year old saw sonic and got excited
Educator and Parent of a 3 year old Written bySpeegs January 10, 2015

Poor example

there were several scenes I was unhappy about they are listed below: Ralph steals an apple and lies to a security guard He then steals a medal from a different game to get what he wants (he is manipulating the other characters or "getting his way" through stealing and lying) The fix it character is being slapped by the female character so the taffy will laugh at them (hitting is NOT funny and cannot be magically "fixed") A side character in the game is drinking a martini and telling Ralph the game is over The king candy character is creepy and scared my son when he was "glitching". Frankly, I was very disappointed in this movie. The movie itself is pretty long too. This is a very negative movie choice for kids who are very literal and believe what they watch on tv as reality. Funny for adults not for kids.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 20, 2014

I love the drive song. 5 star movie!

Adult Written bycbmcc October 4, 2014

Concerns weren't met

I was very hesitant to let my 8- and 6-year old kids watch this, since I had heard it had disturbing levels of violence. My 6-year-old is very sensitive, and we have been careful to make sure the kids are not exposed to violence on TV. Although I watched this movie with the remote at the ready, in case I had to fast forward, I found this fine for my kids. The scene with the zombie that is mentioned happened so quickly that I don't think it registered with the kids at all, and although there are many guns during one sequence, they are largely not directed at people. So, in short, kids really enjoyed it, and I was relieved that my concerns were not borne out.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byMamaru82 October 23, 2013

Not prepared for machine guns!

Be warned! There are violent images in this movie with machine guns firing. I was not prepared for my 5 year old to see this type of "video game like violence". Pretty disappointed that Disney would include such images in a cartoon. Woody, in Toy Story, didn't have a gun in his holster. Why not keep guns out of it?
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrockhottie101@y... June 15, 2013

Great Movie For Older Kids, Too Scary for Under 10

I really like this movie, very well done. I did find some of the scenes a bit violent, but it's a great movie for older kids who loves video games. Kids under ten, whom I don't know why parents would take them to see PG movies anyway, would most likely get really scared at some of the violent parts. But older kids and teens, this film works. I think it's WAY better than Brave.
Parent Written bybcarri2014 June 12, 2013

Wreck-it!

I like Wreck-it Ralph a lot, but I can also see it as something that could be questionable for young children. Sure, Ralph is tired of being the bad guy and wants to "Go Turbo" so he can feel accepted as a "hero" for his game, but the movie also has some parts that could be questionable for younger children. I'll go over the positive messages first. The movie has a few positive messages. These messages include accepting who you are and that trying to change yourself is something that could be bad for you and others around you. It's also a good movie that shows that someone "bad" like Ralph could become a good role model for somebody. Anyways, some of the bad parts that might be a bad influence or terrifying for children. Vanellope makes a few "poop" jokes within the movie, which is something that might be gross for parents and make children repeat them. Also, Vanellope's treatment by the people of Sugar Rush is also pretty harsh, and I thought the ultimate ending might've conveyed a bad message (If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about). Also, the main villain himself is terrifying and his final form is scary to look at for some people. Also, Hero's Duty is based off some Rated T games. Other than that, the movie's a fun one to watch.
Educator Written byDespicableMeGirl18 June 11, 2013

Wreck-It Ralph Is 4 People That Is 17 & Under!

Not 4 Little Kids >:(!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byBcrumlynne May 31, 2013

Official song of the movie-Highly inappropriate!!

Very crude humor and I think Rihanna's "Shut Up and Drive" song was highly inappropriate. The song is clearly about sex.