All parent member reviews for Wreck-It Ralph

Adult Written bytintinruaza July 22, 2015

A Good Movie

This movie makes you learn about acceptance. You don't need a medal to prove that you're good. Being yourself is much better than pretending to be someone you're not. Caution: Vanellope says a few curse words in the movie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 19, 2015

Adult Written byguadalupec1 March 26, 2015

Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

my kids loved this movie

we enjoyed this movie my 10 year old saw sonic and got excited
Parent Written byerinw2 October 20, 2014

I love the drive song. 5 star movie!

Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byMamaru82 October 23, 2013

Not prepared for machine guns!

Be warned! There are violent images in this movie with machine guns firing. I was not prepared for my 5 year old to see this type of "video game like violence". Pretty disappointed that Disney would include such images in a cartoon. Woody, in Toy Story, didn't have a gun in his holster. Why not keep guns out of it?
Parent Written bymommareview October 8, 2013

Not for young children

It's really geared more towards old video game references that only 80's and 90's kids would get. Spoilers below. The thing that gets me is what business does a 30 year old man (age stated in the movie) have business getting to know a little girl? It is okay to talk to strangers? They also talk about how being bad is good, to just be you. To us this concept is funny, to a child it means something. They refortify the idea and the end when he plunges down to kill himself in order to save Candy Crush. "I am bad, and that is good". We understand the social/emotional complexities of this plot line better than an innocent child does. I would not show this to kids in their formative years. It needs to be seen by older kids. I enjoyed it because I could appreciate the video game references, sarcasm, and satire. You really can't always shelter kids, but I just don't want him to grow up with the wrong ideas because he learned them at his core from an early age. I would proceed with caution. Know what you can and cannot talk to your child about. You need to understand that children do see the details, and worse off, they do not understand them.
Parent Written bybcarri2014 June 12, 2013

Wreck-it!

I like Wreck-it Ralph a lot, but I can also see it as something that could be questionable for young children. Sure, Ralph is tired of being the bad guy and wants to "Go Turbo" so he can feel accepted as a "hero" for his game, but the movie also has some parts that could be questionable for younger children. I'll go over the positive messages first. The movie has a few positive messages. These messages include accepting who you are and that trying to change yourself is something that could be bad for you and others around you. It's also a good movie that shows that someone "bad" like Ralph could become a good role model for somebody. Anyways, some of the bad parts that might be a bad influence or terrifying for children. Vanellope makes a few "poop" jokes within the movie, which is something that might be gross for parents and make children repeat them. Also, Vanellope's treatment by the people of Sugar Rush is also pretty harsh, and I thought the ultimate ending might've conveyed a bad message (If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about). Also, the main villain himself is terrifying and his final form is scary to look at for some people. Also, Hero's Duty is based off some Rated T games. Other than that, the movie's a fun one to watch.
Educator Written byDespicableMeGirl18 June 11, 2013

Wreck-It Ralph Is 4 People That Is 17 & Under!

Not 4 Little Kids >:(!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byBcrumlynne May 31, 2013

Official song of the movie-Highly inappropriate!!

Very crude humor and I think Rihanna's "Shut Up and Drive" song was highly inappropriate. The song is clearly about sex.
Parent Written byRileysPapa May 25, 2013

Just fine

This is a pretty basic movie...but the kiddos will love it. Like able characters, easy story line. A little violence, and the "cybugs" might scare some easily scared little ones.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytmn May 18, 2013

Fun family movie

Cute movie! My 3 year old nephew and my 5 year old daughter loved this movie. Nothing too scary or risque. My husband and I really enjoyed it too.
Adult Written byAnabelle02 May 10, 2013

good messages overshadow silly language and cartoon violence

Adult Written bySummer_Days April 23, 2013

An adorable animation with wonderful depth of story and characters

An adorable animation that doesn't rely purely on its video game references. As per usual, Disney films like this always require darkness which doesn't sugar coat the story (no pun intended), and the characters are beautifully illustrated among the comedy and magic, which makes for an enjoyable intelligent animation which provides a great message for, not just young kids, but older audiences too. These days, you need films like these.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjcarvin April 9, 2013

Great movie but not for all kids, so use your judgement.

I loved the movie myself, it was fun since i know all the characters and get all the jokes. My six year old loved it too despite not getting a lot of it. She had no trouble enjoying the movie and no problems being scared either during the movie or afterwards, and we've seen it twice now and she requested the Blu-Ray for her birthday. That being said, there is a lot of violence and some things that will just go over the heads of kids but hit with adults and I love that. ("Daddy, why did you laugh"..."It's nothing honey." lol) So the movie is not for all young children, so use your best judgement with your own kid or preview it yourself first.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byTerjy March 25, 2013

Wreck it Ralph NOT what it appears to be - Parents should Pre-Screen

This movie is NOT for young children. Pay close attention to the PG rating. The cute characters in the commercials misrepresent the reality. The story concept is good, but the way it's told is unnecessarily and unexpectantly scary, violent, intense and crude. Two game loving fifth grade boys agree this is not for anyone younger than themselves (10 & 11)! Disney's flippancy toward death and physical brutality is upsetting. The intense potty humor was funny in a late-night-comedy kind of way, but this movie is marketed to families - so inappropriate. Parental Pre-Screening definitely recommended for those under 11.
Parent Written bymediamummy March 23, 2013

Not for kids, very violent.

This movie was on a flight we were on with our almost 4 year old, so it was played on multiple screens throughout the plane. I did not want him to see it. It was terrible, so much violence and I had to dig out our tablet to distract our preschooler with something else - which was difficult to do. The colors, intense action, hitting between characters - it was so inappropriate I was shuddering through the whole movie. I had to do a lot of narrating throughout to explain good/bad behaviors, guns, etc. I wish my son hadn't seen it.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byjo- March 17, 2013

way too violent

way too violent, ok beginning, then all down hill after 20 mins
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 13, 2013

7 and up.

Wreck-It Ralph is a good kid friendly movie that's perfect for your young kids to see it has all the cartoon characters from the video game franchise and food products that are familiar and parents the only few things that you need to worry about are the mild cartoon violence and some social drinking that are used by the cartoon characters such as martini and root beer and the consumerism are the Iconic video game characters like Pac-Man, Bowser, and Sonic the Hedgehog make cameo appearances there are also many references to candy brands but overall this cartoon adventure flick does have a strong message about identity, compassion, loyalty, and challenging the status quo like for example Characters learn to embrace the way they're programmed, rather than change themselves for others. Characters also discover the importance of walking a mile in someone else's shoes before judging them Themes of inclusivity/exclusivity and selflessness/selfishness are woven throughout the story in many ways and the role model is that Ralph's quest for peer approval turns into a journey about becoming proud of who he is and what he's able to contribute. He doesn't let his official "bad guy" status overshadow the qualities that make him good: He's kind, resourceful, and sticks up for the underdog. Despite her potty-mouth insults, Vanellope is a spunky, clever, and determined character. In a game that's stereotypically girly, she challenges the status quo. She finds a way to channel her "defectiveness" as a game "glitch" into something positive.
Parent Written bySophiaD73 March 13, 2013