All parent member reviews for X-Men: The Last Stand

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 February 10, 2014

An average end to an above average trilogy!

Bryan Singer chose to direct the mediocre "Superman Returns" over this. I wish he hadn't. Instead of dipping into other hero gene pools, he needed to stay where he'd left his biggest mark! His absence is notable: there's cheesier dialogue, an absence of major characters and new characters that add little to the story. Otherwise, the story was solid, the effects I'd go as far to say were superb, except Professor X and Magneto's CGI faces set 2 decades in the past in the beginning of the film. It's the weakest of the original 3 for sure, but the acting and action still make it worth a watch.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010

its ok to skip this movie,not that good

Violence:PG-13 Sexual Content:HighPG Language:HighPG
Adult Written bylooneybaker April 9, 2008
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 28, 2010

Iffy, Especially Compared to 1 and 2...

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND is an enjoyable conclusion (maybe) to a great franchise that started in mediocrity, achieved a stellar second installment, and now ends with a bang. This movie isn't as good as #2, but it is still very entertaining to watch. The bad news is that it is much iffier than the first two X-men movies. Aside from the superhero-style violence that you would expect from this movie, two major characters are killed (both of them killed by other main characters). Both of these sequences will be harrowing for kids. There is also a significant quantity of language in this movie: "s**t", "b**ch", and "a*s" are heard several times, as well as "d**khead". There is also one fairly graphic (albiet unfinished) sexual encounter between two main characters. The woman is seen pulling off the man's belt and rubbing her hands under his shirt while she wears revealing clothing. He lays down on top of her and rubs her hips as she wraps her legs around his body (we see an extended shot of this, including some sexual movement and close-ups of pleasured faces). However, before any clothes are taken off, the encounter is ended and the man is thrown by the woman against a wall. In another scene, a nude woman is shown laying on the ground in profile. We see the entire nude side of her body, excluding genitals. We see parts of her breasts, but her arms obscure any graphic nudity.
Adult Written byamyrateittest April 9, 2008
Parent Written byspacejockeys April 9, 2008

Fun, but comic-book violent

This action movie doesn't have any sex or vulgarity, but there is plenty of stabbing with unusual implements, and the mutants appear very human. Comic book purists may have complaints, since the plot diverges substantially from the comic series.
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

good

good movie not as good as 1 or 2 11 and over for mild violence
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015

Terrible and violent. Too bad for anyone to watch.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 31, 2011

Okay for 13+

This is a good movie. Much more violent then the other ones, language much stronger and there is a full nude woman.
Adult Written byLioraP November 15, 2015

Bad words

language: "Dick-head" and calling someone plainly, "Bitch!" to their face - not comfortable with this for my kids...also pretty violent at parts.
Adult Written bypickyparent April 9, 2008

sex, nudity

Mystique appears nude momentarily when she is shot by the cure dart, not that her painted on suit left much to the imagination anyway. Wolverine and Jean engage in intense sexual situation, though not nude.
Adult Written byluckyles@sbcglo... April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymojoblack July 4, 2010

Perfect for 16 year olds - no one younger

The rough lust turned almost sex scene between Wolverine and Jean was so explicit that no one under the age of 16 should watch it. My husband let our 10 year old girl watch it and I am still furious about it. He did not know that that scene was in the movie - they watched it on tv today. He did not change the channel nor turn off the tv when that scene came on. Don't let your innocent children watch this until they are 16. How are we ever going to keep our children from early promiscuous if we keep letting them watch movies - that are rated PG-13 - slip in these sexual scenarios????!!!!
Adult Written bykitode April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008

So, So Movie

Although the movie has good action sequences - several parts are more dialogue driven so don't expect a younger children to sit still. My boys 4 & 6 liked it but did have a problem sitting still. I found the violence to be very comic bookish with no blood. However for the Sex rating, Rebbecca does change from blue makeup to completely nude (she covers all important parts) and there is a scene that 2 characters are making out (with clothes on) but it ends quickly. The language was only bad 2 times with the words b*tch and d*ckhead used. The only part that my 6 year old found upseting was the very beginning, a young boy tries to cut off his wings. So be aware of this and you may want to have a discussion before the movie or just miss the first 5 minutes...
Adult Written bySabbrielle April 9, 2008
Two things in this movie were what I would call "extremely distressing": the death of Professor Xavier and the scene at the beginning when "Angel" as a young boy is cutting off his wings--bloody knives are visible. The previous X-Men movies were enjoyable because of the characters and the wish-fulfillment aspect (it's easy to imagine yourself inserted into the story, with superpowers of your choice) and those elements are intact for X3. The violence and cheese factors were both high, which is to be expected for a genre action flick like this one.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

um.....ok

this movie kind of kets you down because its not nearly as good as the first two.....but its still an ok movie
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

A great series, not so great ending?

Third in a series of great comic book movies. The moral choices that special abilities provided by mutation implies really make you think and the action keeps you watching. Violence is the biggest issue although it is stylized and comic book type stuff. Still a great show and great fun.
Adult Written byClara68 April 9, 2008

Very Dark

This X-Men was completely disconnected from its predecessors. Very dark and depressing film. Violence was very violent, and deaths were graphic. This one moved away from fantasy violence and was simply disturbing. After really enjoying the 1st two films, I was very disappointed with this one. Ending leaves little to no hope.
Adult Written byjoeschmeau April 9, 2008

I wasted two hours of my life on this?

The first two movies in this series were much better. This movie was much weaker. I felt like I was being fed a bunch of special effects along with a dose of in-your-face sexuality. To me, that's not a movie. It's offense.