All member reviews for X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men battle for their lives yet again. Tweens OK.

Wowzers! They really brought out the big guns for this one!

This was awesome, except it was way too short! Only 1 1/2 hours? Puh-leez. There was a ton of bloodless violence but it isn't too bad. The opening scene is rather gross, but the gore isn't an issue. I say to all of you (to quote Magneto) "WE SHALL UNLEASH A WAVE OF FURY THIS WORLD HAS NEVER WITNESSED!!!" Incredibly good. Five stars! -Hermes
Teen, 13 years old Written byRandom anime geek April 9, 2008

This movie was horrible

I hated this movie. It was not good at all. I almost fell asleep. I thought it was way to short. Also they killed the most important person. It was really dull. It didn't have a good story line. It was just stupid. I don't reccomend this movie to anyone.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfrogusa005 April 9, 2008

Not quite as good as previous, but still in ballpark

If you are a X-men fan, you will like this movie. The plot is slightly weaker than the first and second movies, and there are many cheesy jokes, but this movie still deserves a high ranking. There is one scene in the very beginning of the movie that is kind of disturbing: a boy trying to cut off his mutant wings with large knifes. That alone is the only reason this movie deserves a PG-13 rating. There is also some sexual stuff, but none if it is very serious, and the action violence is bloodless. One thing I think was bad about the plot was the evil change in Jean Gray/Pheonix. I blame this partially on the director change. This movie is also sad, because many charactars die. If you are going to see it, make sure to stay after the credits because there is a final scene. Good movie!
Adult Written bysimpsonssaydoh2 April 9, 2008

Wow!

Awesome! Just awesome. Watch out for a teeny tiny bit of sex, and some violence. Great action flick for tweens and up.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

um.....ok

this movie kind of kets you down because its not nearly as good as the first two.....but its still an ok movie
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysouverainix April 9, 2008

What a cheap dvd release

As a collector there is not much to get from this edition. A single dvd,a few deleted scenes and alternate endings. 2 trailers and one for 24 the tv series. Thats it! They want cash and laugh at people. BEUUUURKKKK!!!!!!
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

A great series, not so great ending?

Third in a series of great comic book movies. The moral choices that special abilities provided by mutation implies really make you think and the action keeps you watching. Violence is the biggest issue although it is stylized and comic book type stuff. Still a great show and great fun.
Adult Written byjenncraw April 9, 2008

More nudity than I care to see!

I was disappointed in Common Sense's review on the topic of sexual content. Did they watch the movie? First of all, Mystique is naked, and painted blue. And at one point, she is completely naked, lying on the ground and just strategicaly place so that's ok. But it's not really ok. And there is one kissing scene where legs are all over the place, and one's belt is thrown off. Other than that, it's a pretty good movie, but there are a few disturbing parts. They really could have ended it better.
Adult Written bykevino April 9, 2008

not good for kids!

don't watch it if your a kid!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

The Weakest of the Series.

X3 is by far the worst out of the three X-Men films, but it still isn't terrible. There's plenty of explosive action and special effects, overall X3 is a pretty entertaining film. But compared to X2 this film is rather weak--it fails to find the balance of action and character development that X2 did, and as a result it is action-packed but rather empty and forgettable. Plus it was annoying how many characters were killed off, only to be replaced by irritating mutants you honestly don't care about.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywondergirl_is_back April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byPadfoot April 9, 2008

I'm the Juggernaunt......

This movie was fairly good. No wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was TOTALLY AWEASOME! The violence was great, the charaters stay true and the sex was brief. It was B-E-A-Utiful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittY_GirL April 9, 2008

...

The last movie to come out leaves alot of room for a 4th movie. 2 of the main people get killed off. Make sure to watch after the credits for an extra seen (sp.). There may be a 4th movie and there WILL be a wolveriene spinoff movie comeing out fall 2008.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bybobsax April 9, 2008

Great ! but not for little kids

I thought I might be able to let my 8yo watch this but the violence is intense at times and the "make out" scene with Wolverine and Jean is a bit to graphic with the crotch grinding. Then she unbuttons his pants with her powers. Overall though,a great movie and I hope to watch it with my daughter when she is older. Stan Lee makes sure that It really captures the Marvel Comic style.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylordmax April 9, 2008

O.K. Action Movie

X3 is a good action movie for teens. It has teen issues, lots of action, and blowing stuff up. I do not recommend seeing this right after the third Matrix, though. The costumes and special effects after that seem lackluster, and a bit laughable. The two effects I really liked though were when colossus transforms, and when it looks like Jean's hair looks like it is on fire.
Adult Written byjoeschmeau April 9, 2008

I wasted two hours of my life on this?

The first two movies in this series were much better. This movie was much weaker. I felt like I was being fed a bunch of special effects along with a dose of in-your-face sexuality. To me, that's not a movie. It's offense.
Adult Written byClara68 April 9, 2008

Very Dark

This X-Men was completely disconnected from its predecessors. Very dark and depressing film. Violence was very violent, and deaths were graphic. This one moved away from fantasy violence and was simply disturbing. After really enjoying the 1st two films, I was very disappointed with this one. Ending leaves little to no hope.