All member reviews for X-Men

Teen, 16 years old Written byhomealonefan123 November 4, 2012

good buy dramatic

this movie is good. but very dramatic in some scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNThomas13 October 20, 2012

Borderline PG/PG-13

This is a pretty cool movie, which is probably not for your little ones who are dying to see it. Wolverine smokes cigars frequently and cusses (d^^k and s^^t are as bad as it gets, and Wolverine also flips the birdie with his claw). Mystique is a scary character, and is naked throughout the movie but covered in blue, so nipples are not visible. Usual sci-fi violence (on a star wars level), not that much blood. Overall, cool movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 7, 2012

X men is the bomb

really great comic book movie
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

X-MEN

first movie in action-packed comic book series is a awesome.
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2012

can it get better than this

a good old super hero moive
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn April 8, 2012

Creaky beginning to a memorable franchise. Fine for teens.

Bryan Singers first attempt at making a superhero movie, and the first film in the X-Men franchise, of course known simply as, X-Men, reminds me a lot of the first film in the Mission Impossible franchise. Now, if you remember back in last December when I wrote the review for that film, I didn't exactly fancy it much. In fact, I hated it, but I liked the sequels, though. Now, the X-Men franchise is not really like that for me, and the first X-Men film is a heck of a lot better than the first Mission Impossible film, but it is still fairly problematic. Now, X-men tries very hard to stay true to the original comics, and at the same time, appear hip and in touch with the times (2000), but the amount of campy action sequences, overly exaggerated performances and silly special effects make this film a bit more laughable than intense. In fact, there are moments where the entire film seems to be some sort of strange parody of itself. But, that is not to say that in it's own right, X-Men can't still be campy fun, because there are some fairly entertainingly little sequences, particularly during the last twenty-minutes with a rather spectacularly overblown action sequence taking place over the water of New York City. So, even though this film does just so happen to carry a PG-13 Rating, it is actually fairly average for the Rating: There is frequent but almost entirely bloodless and tame action violence, which rarely gets graphic or brutal, and if it veer does, the before mentioned silly special effects make it all pretty fake looking. So, honestly, that really is all the offensive content that there is in this movie, and I know that there are still plenty of people who enjoy it thoroughly, and that is just fine with me. More power to them, inf act. I just wish that I could have enjoyed more. Not reccomended.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 12, 2012

Worth a Look

It isn't the best in the series, but it is pretty good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag September 17, 2011

X-Men - positive messages, good role models, little violence.

Nowadays, the world of movies is filled with average to stupid action flicks, movies based on comics and so-called fantasy and sciefi movies. Good, that there are still some who are clever, not only focused on action and have good actors. X-Men is one of those movies. Directed by the highly skilled Bryan Singer, this comic book adaption goes far beyond what is average. This movie has average PG to PG-13 violence. Rarely bloody, cartoon-like (though a real life movie) and not too graphic. There are positive messages and good role models: All the main characters get discriminated by humans for being a mutant, but they fight for them and save them, though. There is a huge difference between good and bad. Though some positive characters are a bit sarcastic, they make good role models. I watched it at the age of 10 and i think it was okay.
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Very good. But some comic violence. Nothing much.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 8, 2011

To be completely honest, I've never read any of the X-Men comic books, but I totally understood this and I loved it. (So did my 9 year old sister.)

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for sci-fi/action violence, a disturbing opening scene involving the Holocaust, and some language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse August 5, 2011

X men love it =)

x men is good series a he** of alot better then some superheros , and this is the first x men ever made so you know its good, it has viloence what superhero movie doesnt it also has some strong language nothing compared to some pg 13 and theirs also some kissing, and a blue character who appears to be naked, and some drinking and smoking, but its good.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2011

Awesome Movie

This is a great movie, although Wolverine should probably have his mouth washed out with soap for being a "potty" mouth. There is also some violence, and Senator Kelly turns into water. Rouge is also lethal. You can tell from the movie that she's a good kid, she just can't touch anybody or she takes away their life powers and life scource, so there are some scary images. Mystique is also naked, but she happens to be blue and sort of scaley. This is an awesome movie, and has one of the best bad guys of all time.
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2009

I think it's a ok movie.There is really nohing wrong.
Teen, 13 years old Written byREDSKINSFAN April 6, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byVoracious Reader March 8, 2009

I Thought It was A tad bit Violent

Title says it all- I thought it was a bit violent. Maybe not this one as much, but the last two X-Men movies are very violent, and sort of desensitizing. There are also a few inappropriate words, uncommon ones.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Action!

Not the best super-hero film, but good. I like X-men!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywondergirl_is_back April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byKittY_GirL April 9, 2008

...

I love this movie! You can tell that Wolveriene cares alot about Rouge and wants to protect her. They are the 2 main people in this movie.