All member reviews for X2: X-Men United

Adult Written byChris LP November 22, 2008

A comic book movie classic!

X2 is the best of the X-Men films. This one is more intense than it is violent. Also, there is a scene with implied oral sex in a bathroom stall between a woman and a man.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTaliaFilmsreviews December 26, 2010

GREAT better than the film, some distrubing images and iffy stuff

Better than the first movie-better story (though more characters to juggle), way better effects, and just overall a lot of fun. It does have some pretty iffy violence (such as the fight between Deathstrike and Wolverine), but the only other concern is 2 brief sexual scenes, both involving Mystique. In the first, she seduces a security guard in order to help her boss Magneto escape (the scene is mostly suggestive). She also impersonates Jean, so she and Logan have a passionate make-out scene until he finds the scar he gave her. Other than those concerns, it's ok for kids 12 and over-the sequence with Logan stabbing guards left and right is non-bloody but a little disturbing since it's dark. I only heard the use of the s-word and 2 4-letter words , so language is mild. But the film has really good role models since one character sacrifices herself for others, and the other mutants are portrayed as putting others lives before their own wellfare. The villians in the film are clearly bad, though with the exception of Deathstrike, we don't actually see them get any punishment for their deeds (magneto and his cohorts get away and take one rebel mutant with them). Overall though a great film, though over 11 is recommended.
Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2009

X2 x-men united review by critic07

It was a freakin' awesome movie. I'm a big comic fan so i loved it. When you see it you will love it.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byDrKazza March 10, 2014

Great fun for a 7 yr old with a couple of moments that were badly judged

My son (7) is really obsessed with superheroes right now and Xmen and Xmen 2 were a couple that we thought would be ok to watch. In general 95% of these films are good fun and he loved them however the scene where mystique meets a security guard in a bar and the ensuing scene is really inappropriate for a 7 yr old - (my mistake)
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

X2

action packed sequel to x-men is more inappropriate and violent.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Iffy for 12

This x-men movie is more disturbing than the first but it's still pretty good.The violence has a lot even when you see wolverine blood covered. Sex a little more sex than the first. Language the s word different d words h words and more
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 14, 2010

Great Superhero Movie!

I was not impressed with the original X-MEN. That's probably why it's been about a year between viewing the first one and its sequel. But for those of you who are thinking about quitting after #1: the series gets better. This movie has everything the first one lacked: thrilling adventure, sympathetic characters, moving messages, and a creative story. And, for the most part, it's family friendly. There's quite a bit of violence in this movie. 10-12 people are stabbed and killed by Wolverine, with no blood but accompanying sounds. Child mutants are shot with paralyzing darts and later have non-graphic tests performed on them. A man is strangled with a chain, and later drowned offscreen. Some police cruisers are set aflame, but no one is hurt. The movie opens with an assassination attempt on the President, but the assailant is revealed to be a hero, whose mind was controlled by the villain. Mild sexuality includes a scene where Mystique (able to shift forms), takes the personification of a sexy blonde and seduces a prison guard (in order to orchestrate a jailbreak). They passionately kiss and run to the bathroom (presumably for sex) before she knocks him out. I don't remember a single curse word. The movie features strong male, female, and ethnic characters who sacrifice themselves for their friends. Almost all the characters in the film put others before themselves, and those who don't are portrayed in a negative light. Faith in a higher power or destiny is shown to be helpful and comforting in times of trouble. And, the heroes and "villains" briefly unite against a common enemy (although it isn't long before they take their respective sides again).
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

Way too much violence and sexuality for kids.
Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008

X-men 2 was better than the first one, but mainly because the second movie allowed for more character development and in the first one they had to take the time to introduce the characters. I highly enjoyed this movie, there is some sexual content(nothing graphic), some violoence(it is an action flick), and a little bit of strong language, but still a movie I think the kids could handle seeing. I did say that I thought that this flick is better than the first, but that does not mean that the first one isn't good. And, I do recommend seeing the first one before watching this one or else you might be lost.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart July 30, 2015

Kid, 8 years old June 12, 2015

Violent thriller is bloody and has very strong language.

My rating:R for violence, language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Great movie!

I have to say that this is honestly one of the best in the series although it isn't my favorite. Awesome action scenes... Some scenes that may be uncomfortable for 11 and under, maybe twelve and under depending on your level of maturity. Some bad language and violent scenes but great story line altogether. I would definitely watch it again!
Written byAnonymous February 13, 2015

More thrilling and mature then first

My rating:PG-13 for comic violence,partial nudity and drug references
Adult Written bysarge123 February 4, 2015
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2014

Better than no.1, but more intense

Violence- 3 (Action Violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 19, 2014

X2: X-Men United movie review

Very rarely is a sequel better than the original. "X2: X-Men United" is one of the few instances I would say where a sequel was much better than the original movie of the franchise. From the beginning, "X2: X-Men United" is so much fun. Many people complain that "X-Men 2" is hard to follow and complex, but if you look at, it is not that confusing. Bryan Singer's execution of this movie was brilliant. This film was much more darker than the first "X-Men" movie. There is a lot more violence and cursing throughout the film. The tone of "X2" is incredible. I actually felt like I was there in the movie. The action sequences were handled beautifully. They didn't look fake and it looked genuine. The acting was a lot better in this movie than its predecessor. The level of character development is unbelievable. Many people would think of this movie as a fun action movie. I view it as a brilliant masterpiece of film-making for the superhero genre. The only problem I had with the movie was that I was bored in one scene. Other than that, this movie is very good. "X2: X-Men United" deserves all the praise it got. Bryan Singer was a genius making this film and this movie deserves lots of acknowledgment for its film-making strutcture.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 25, 2014

Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

better but more violent than the first

as good as the first
Teen, 15 years old Written byBondJamesBond July 3, 2014

Let Me Tell You Something...

Yes, I agree with common sense media on this, i think that 11 year old would be old enough to handle this film, but compared to other movies like Man Of Steel, Pacific Rim etc. this is a lot more violent and scary than both of those films (and far others) yet this is rated 11 and those are rated 12? i would say according to "this" standard x2 should be a good choice for kids 12+, and critically the film is exellent, with characters you route for the whole movie, and mystery, suspence, a sold slid story, so I would say x2 keeps you on the edge of your seat with your hands flying in the air through this roller coaster ride of a movie! over all X2 gets an (8.6/10.)
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

X2

X2 includes violent images about logan getting his adamantium claws and there is a dramatic death of one of the x-men. slightly darker than the last one.