All member reviews for Yes Man

Carrey comedy breaks no new ground but draws ample laughs.

Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2012

Say YES to this review!

I love this movie it is one of Carrey's best! The movie has lots of drinking and swearing including 2 uses of f--k, s--t,d--k,ba---rd,h-ll,d--n and a--. There is a reference to masturbation and has one scene showing Carl reacting while doing sexual activity with a elderly woman and plenty more jokes and references.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 22, 2011

Surprisingly very funny Carrey saga is not for younger teens

I know that this movie is fairly overlooked and was unforutnately made just a little too late for a Jim Carrey comedy film, but honestly, I felt that ir really worked for me, and was laughing continuously virtually throughout the whole movie. Not that I had high expectations about it before watching it, but I really thought that it was overlooked and very fun. But, some of the humor is way too crude for younger teens snf off-limits for tweens, with a oral sex joke, a implied sex scene, a mans behind exposed, and at the very end of the movie (actually, it's rthe very last shot of the movie) we see a large crowd of people, both men and women, completely nude from the backs with lot's of exposed bare buttocks. Also, there is frequent drinking with some drunkenness, and fairly frequent profanity including at least one use of the F-word. Seriously, if you haven't seen this, like Jim Carrey and are willing to give some of his newer stuff a try, watch it. It is incredibly overlooked, which is just a shame.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2011

Jim Carrey's crazy antics fail sometimes.

The perfect movie for older teens. Warning: Keep out of reach of young children. This movie was not meant for them. There is some violence, but not a lot. Products are shown (a lot). Some language, drinking and sex is also included. An elderly woman performs oral sex to a much younger man than her. Some kissing and backside nudity is also shown. It wasn't an " Oh my gosh this is like the best" kind of movie but it was okay.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Hilarious Carrey Movie

With very noticable product placement and a few swears I'd say this is iffy for 11+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byholly525 March 11, 2011

Bad

I saw this with a friend and I don't think it's appropriate for grown adults, let alone teenagers.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

Great movie just not for little kids

Very funny movie! A little inaproppriate but good to watch with friends. A great comedy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byearthgurl December 26, 2010

Very Funny

I saw this at a birthday party and we all laughed so hard. The main character (Jim Carrey), starts out as the guy who doesn't like fun, says no to everything. He changes throughout the movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 14, 2010
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2010

Good for preteens (Ages 10-13)

I loved This movie it was so funny the cursing isn't that bad and there is only one seen with a b j from an old woman the movie has a good plot to it and i can see why its rated PG-13 I loved this movie
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2010

Kind of funny...

Yes Man has some funny parts sprinkled around but other than the occasional laugh there wasn't much but a love story. I think they should have classified it as a romantic comedy.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byShry June 23, 2010
inappropriate for under 18
Adult Written by4Spice June 14, 2010

good movie

good movie worth watching i love Jim carry 11 and older for sex mild words and mild violence
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 2, 2010
I've seen this movie twice. The first time I turned it off half way through because I was bored. The second time, I committed myself to watching all of it and I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually funny!
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2010

O.K

it is varry funny but rude and evil
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymoe hagen March 27, 2010

good for 10+

Good movie but there is some small things in the movie that are not appropriate for children under 10-11
Teen, 15 years old Written bySupergammer66 March 21, 2010

Should not be seen by 15 and under

It was a good message of the movie, but it had some things that I would not let anyone 15 and younger see. It has lots of sexual behavior that anyone 15 and under should not see.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2010

SO SO SO HILLARIOUS!!!

I saw this movie with friend and expected it to have a lot more sexual humor than it did. Perfect comedy for kids 11 and older. There is some language and sexual content (including one fairly sexual scene, which we fast forwarded through) but other than that, it's so funny!! I was laughing again and again and again, all the way to the end! The brief nudity is basically nothing, all you see is bare backs from far away, but it's not as bad as it sounds. The things he has to say "yes" to are hilarious! One of the most funniest parts was for Red Bull when he went all hyper and went "red bull red bull red bull wanna share a red bull ever tried a red bull i like red bull its red bull its really really good!" If you want to keep on laughing and never stop, this is the movie for you!
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009

red bull red bull red bull we could get a red bull

lots of red bull prodect placement but without it it wouldent be as funny red bull red bull lets get a red bull we could share a red bull ever tried a red bull and i think theres a refrence to male nude modleing somewhere in the movie
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 December 1, 2009

SILLY WITH VERY POOR PLOT COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

silly non-sense movie with a very poor plot Violence: : Fightings, car accident, reckless driving Sexuality: Oral sex scene for about 1 or 2 minutes, with implied dirty jokes later on about that scene, lots of kissing in a very passionate way, around 1000 people in one scene are shown naked form top to bottom with no frontal view, Carey drives a motorcycle with a visible on screen backside... Language : D*ckh*le, D*uch, F***, Sh*t, and others Consumerism :movie is full of brand names Drinking: Getting drunk implies kissing a girl passionately who seem to like it in front of her boyfriend which results in a huge fight... characters shown drunk many times and drink on occasions... JUST DO NOT WASTE UR TIME, THERE'S NOTHING FUNNY IN THIS... WATCH CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN OR PARENT TRAP, OR SEE POLAR EXPRESS FOR CHRISTMAS REALLY GREAT MOVIES FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY :)
Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Yes Man.

Super funny. Im a huge Jim Carrey fan, and this movie definitely didnt suprise me. Its goofey, hilarious, and fun for the whole family.