All member reviews for Yogi Bear

Dumber-than-average family comedy won't even impress kids.

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byAppleNell December 23, 2010

Hey hey, Boo-Boo: It Could Have Been Worse

After being completely traumatized by "Tangled," it was kind of nice to see a movie so banal and uncomplicated that even the most timorous toddler (or overanalytical parent) will survive it with nary a tremor. I set my kid movie nadir at "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," and my acme at movies like "Meet the Robinsons," "Princess and the Frog," "Up," and "Despicable Me." This was modestly above the sybarite canids, and measurably below the top of the heap. Nevertheless, it was gently entertaining, harmless, and features appealing voice talent for the CGI bears and very decent acting by the male and female leads. The villains are cartoonish and inept. The story is thin as Mae West's peignoir, but it's positive. This is not a movie you need to see in 3D, as the combination of live and CGI characters undermines much of the effect's power. In a nutshell: if, like us, you ended up missing the movie you meant to see, don't be afraid to take the younger set to it. Both my kids liked it very much.
Parent of a 6 and 6 year old Written byEyeball May 9, 2011

We all enjoyed this movie as a family, everyone got a laugh, just like the old days watching Yogi Bear cartoons!
Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

stupid waste of time stinks

i think this is the worst movie i have seen in years. i would rather jump off a cliff. then see yogi bear. it is so stupid that you do not ever get it the jokes are dumb the plot..... a waste. and there paying ten bucks a person to see trash? DO NOT WASTE TIME there are manny good movies out there. i had to sit there and it was .......................... boring eighty minutes of..... junk
Parent of a 3 year old Written byStrawberry4605 April 21, 2011

Loved it!

My 3 year-old loved it! It can be a bit violent at times for someone that young, but never scary. Good overall message.
Adult Written byLowe's man September 7, 2014

A better movie than you say it is.

Although the movie isn't as good as it would've been if Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera would've been alive and able to give advice, it would've been a tall order to expect it to be. The producers did their best and stayed loyal to the cartoon. Ranger Smith was obviously disgruntled once gone from Jellystone, but, with Yogi and Boo-Boo's help, he was able to save Jellystone and expose what Mayor Brown was up to. (To some extent Mayor Brown reminds me of James Dobson.) Once Mayor Brown is out of the picture, his deeds having been exposed, it's back to business as usual at Jellystone. Ranger Smith obviously takes his job seriously. Yogi attempts to steal picnic baskets, but- if I remember the movie right- he doesn't get away with it. The movie also emphasizes the beauty and importance of state and national parks. While nostalgic adults could feel either way about this movie, kids will love it. Good lessons for kids too.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byMemphisMaestro June 8, 2014

Boring, unoriginal

Opt for board game night, this movie is extremely boring. I may have laughed once and it is supposed to be a comedy! Plot is completely unoriginal and the acting is in the B movie realm. Terribly entertainment value!
Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2013

This time, Common Sense Media is correct. This is like such a boring movie!

The action in this movie is NOT like in animated movies, Even in 3-D. Warner Bros. would have failed at making this movie!
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2013

Good movie for kids

We watched this movie and thought it was really good. My younger daughter got scared at the part where Yogi's cape catches on fire but she was only 5. So I think this movie should be for ages 6 & up. We thought the movie was funny and good for kids. We give this movie 4 stars!
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2013

funny movie

i likee this movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2012

I loved this movie! Why doesn't CSM give it at least 3 stars?

There really isn't anything wrong with this movie! If you let you're child watch, say, Alvin and the Chipmunks then they will find this movie absolutely hilarious! PS: if you don't like potty humor you won't like this movie.
Parent Written bypjpjm August 7, 2012

AWESOME movie for little ones

We LOVE this movie. Yogi Bear is so funny and my kids (4,4, and 6) actually quote this movie to be funny. The crazy adventures are a ton of fun and there is nothing in this movie that is inappropriate for young children (which is impressive because so many "kid" movies try to cater to adults and kids and in so doing include language or scenes that are not appropriate for kids).
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

A few laughs, but often dumb. Won't even inspire kids.

My rating: G
Kid, 9 years old March 31, 2012

Yogi Bear

It's an O.K movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

life is not really a picnic

this boring, ultra dumb film pours on the humaor and hilariousness with gags, freaky scenes, and creepy dances and songs.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2012

Sandhya

Yogi the bear really sparks comedy and the sudden twists he implements really makes you want to see more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 15, 2012

Yogii and bobo

smarter than the average bear brings whats of funny jokes.
Adult Written byRaptor69 January 5, 2012

CGI?

CGI is not the answer to every movie
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Yogi bear 2010

good bear comedy lots of jokes youll expect from the two average bear's yogi and bo bo
Teen, 13 years old Written byKirbyKon November 3, 2011

My childhood...

My childhood...something people are left saying after seeing Yogi Bear who turns out to be dumber-than-the-average-modern-kids-movie(which is VERY dumb)
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2011

Yogi Bear

This movie is good. The only violence is Yogi Bear crashing into stuff. No language. The only sexual content is some bathroom humor. This film is very family friendly.