Ridiculous fantasy comedy is more crass, violent than funny.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycolten97 May 12, 2011
Big budgets and costumes in service of scatalogical jokes may seem funny on paper, but in execution this is a highly monotonous romp that registers only occasional laughs.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 20, 2011

Cheerless, jokeless fantasy/comedy wannabe is not for anyone

David Gordon Green recent made another comedy which came out last Friday entitled The Sitter, starring Jonah Hill. It was brutally panned by critics and flopped at the box office. Now, if you can remember from my review of that movie which I did a little earlier, you would recall that I actually liked it and thought it was funny, despite going off course every one and a while. Well, meet David Gordon Green earlier movie which came before the sitter, and was the first of the two new comedies thsat he has already directed this year, Your Highness. So, how is it? Awful. Just, absolutely, awful. there is not a single joke in here that works. Wait! Let me rephrase that: When they even try to make a joke, it doesn't work. No. I am totally serious. About half of the movie doesn't event try to make jokes, and actually plays the raunchy fantasy action\comedy straight for fun. Well, I hate to disappoint them, but it just didn't work for me at all. At least Gordon Greens The Sitter worked decently enough and actually supplied a few laughs hear and there. But,in your Highness, there is not a single smile to be had here. It is just an absolute comedy, and movie, dead zone. So, with the R Rating very much in hand, it is also very much well deserved: There is non-stop, extremely explicit and crude sexual humor including plenty of explicit bodily function jokes, nudity, implied masturbation, rape, sex and dismemberment of a certain creatures delicate body parts (That's all I am saying). Also, there is equally explicit fantasy violence with buckets upon buckets of blood and gore, but usually in a comic setting. Also, there is frequent drug use in the form of pot smoking and hallucinations. Finally, there is frequent strong profanity with at least 42 F-words and its derivatives, with about the equal amount of that in other assorted profanities. So, if you value your sense of humor and love of comedies, please, for the love of god, people,, skip this. Honestly, got watch the sitter, instead. At least that movie made me laugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLilWayneisawsome July 11, 2011

Your highness

This movie was pretty funny but evrey funny thing about had to do with sex some nudity and tons of viloence.
Adult Written bykhan2705 May 29, 2011

very vulgar jokes with few laughs and action.

Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride and James Franco team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world--Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent's fiancée before their kingdom is destroyed. Thadeous (McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he's settled for a life of wizard's weed, hard booze and easy maidens. But when Fabious' bride-to-be, Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel), gets kidnapped by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux), the king gives his deadbeat son an ultimatum: Man up and help rescue her or get cut off. Half-assedly embarking upon his first quest, Thadeous joins Fabious to trek across the perilous outlands and free the princess. Joined by Isabel (Natalie Portman)--an elusive warrior with a dangerous agenda of her own--the brothers must vanquish horrific creatures and traitorous knights before they can reach Belladonna. If Thadeous can find his inner hero, he can help his brother prevent the destruction of his land. Stay a slacker, and not only does he die a coward, he gets front row seats to the dawn of an all-new Dark Ages. i knew exactly how this movie will turn out, Critics gave it very bad reviews. it isn't the best R rated comedy you will ever see honestly but it still has few laughs and some minor entertainment value but unlike me if you are into adult silly comedies with lots and lots of vulgarity and vulgar jokes than this one is for you. this movie has this very fantasy adventure and those prince who saves princess from evil feel to it but they made it R rated loud silly comedy making it a very different movie, i like the idea but still movie is not that good. i was to some extent entertained but not overall. Screenplay of this movie is below average and it has some dull and many empty places and it doesn't maintains the enjoyable adventurous comic feel of it. and as the movie goes on it feels flat. story is okay but not told that well. plot is average. this movie stars James Franco as the masculine brave prince and his brother is a very lazy fat staying inside caring nothing for the battles and all kind of prince played by Danny Mcbride. other actors are Rasmus Hardiker, Natalie Portman, Justin Theroux , Toby Jones , Zooey Deschanel , Charles Dance and others. Natalie is a fearless warrior they meet on their journey but she isn't in the movie that much, which shocked me. she is okay and looks good in her character. comic timings of Danny McBride feels flat in this movie and there isn't a good performance from anyone. characters aren't written or shown well. action is good some pretty average old style special effects. art direction, cinematography and costumes are good. movie has some cool action fighting sequences that you will like but not anything else, i did entertained me a little bit for which i will thanks it but it isn't a good movie. Recommended to the fans but not to others.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 9, 2011

Constant sex jokes and pointlessly graphic medieval violence drive "Your Highness"

Violence- 9/10 Sexual Content- 9/10 Language- 10/10 Drinking, Drugs, Smoking- 8/10 Bad Messages- 7.5/10 Bad Role Models- 8.5/10 Overall Quality- 2/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight December 31, 2013

Funny, but not good for teens

Although it had some funny rude humor, it probably isn't all that good for kids, with nudity, graphic violence, strong language, I don't know why you would let your kid watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 April 29, 2013

Long time favorite movie

It was my favorite until 21 Jump Street. It's really funny but does get old after the 20th time you watch it. There are tons of sex jokes and swearing, and the violence is pretty graphic. Some drug use. Mature teens should be okay
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2012

Boring and innaprpiate

Very boring from the start of the quest to the end
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasey14 March 25, 2012

Me!

ok Action/Romantic brings fun joys, to me!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 2, 2012

Your Highness

Hillarious adventure comedy, but very crude and profane. Drug use and violence is present a lot
Adult Written byJulia from Sweden November 17, 2011

Weird, very weird. Occasionally funny.

Occasionally funny, but unless you want so see (or hear) good actors make fools of themselves (and sever penises) this is not for you. American pie meets monty python. I thought Portman had a reputation to think about? Danny McBride, Natalie Portman, James Franco, Charles Shaughnessy.
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2011

never see this movie!!!!!!!!

The worst movie ever!! Not for kids at all!! So much nudity
Parent Written bybill colins August 22, 2011

monotonous is an understatement

What crap. Only the youngest and most childish will find humour among the gags. Opps, did he say my head looks like a p@nis?.hahaha. A very tired script see for poor performances from the cast. An oversized cod peice (oldie but a goodie) baudy maids and how cool is this wizard's weed man. I dont think I laughed loud once though the inner child in me held out for a good fart joke but alas it twernt to be. Save your brain cells and your cash on this one.