Bloody home invasion movie is more hype than content.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypersuadedbread August 23, 2013

extremely vilent movie is super entertaining

this is a violent movie. creative kills are one of the many things that keep this entertaining. my favorite being the one where the huge guy( hes such a boss) holds a girl down and uses her head as a golf ball for his axe.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 23, 2013

17 and up.

this horror movie you're next is one of those horror movies that pushes the limit for it's gory franchise it's in average horror movie that's best for your older adults and parents beware that this horror movie you're next violence is over the top bloody gory and violent many characters die in many gruesome ways, with lots of blood and gore. Characters are killed with arrows, knives, axes, screwdrivers, blenders, and machetes; heads are smashed; necks are sliced with wire; heads are cut off; and there's shooting there is one implied sex scene in the beginning of the movie but no nudity shown characters used strong language and there is social drinking shown and a character takes some Vicodin.
Parent of a 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old Written byILoveMYKids3333 August 26, 2013

Freaky Movie

My husband liked the trailer so me and my husband went while the kids were on vacation for a day with grandma. i freaked out most of the time. i actually yelled aloud once. it was very bloody and gory. i hated it. my husband didnt really like it either, he said it was boring, he dosent get scared easily . there was quiet a lot of language in this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: You're Next.

The first act of the film is disappointing. Predictable and cheesy. The second act of the film is just fine. Familiar but enjoyable. The third and final act of the film, two thumbs up. Twisted. Horrifying. Entertaining. Original. Stylish. Twisted. More than Just pleasing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNikhilb_123 February 20, 2016

You're next isn't bad but isn't good.

You're next is a very violent movie. The violence is intentionally over the top but I think the biggest fault was the way it was marketed which made it seem like a more suspenseful horror. It was intended to have more dark humour which didn't really pay off. The movie wasn't bad. The action sequences were pretty good but it could have been better without the comedy element. There is female nudity at the beginning but other then that there isn't really any sex scenes that need to be flagged up. A lot of profanity. You're next is pretty good but maybe not as good as it seems,
Teen, 15 years old Written byCWG1 August 30, 2014

Surprisingly Not To Bad!

This movie popped up on my netflix, so I decided to check it out, and I wasn't very disappointed from it. Parents though need to know that this movie has some scenes of violence that don't have much blood, but there are some scenes of graphic bloody violence with quite a bit of gore. This movie has some minor sexuality/sensuality, but doesn't really have much nudity, and the nudity that is there is from a distance and brief. Language isn't pervasive, but does appear numerous times in the movie. The main concern is the violence, but overall a good movie with some good twists!
Parent Written bysrabeachy January 18, 2014

Good movie for horror movie fans over 17.

I think for horror fans this was actually a good movie. The movie action starts at the beginning and doesn't stop until the end. This movie has some nice twists as well. I am disappointed that this movie contained sex, nudity, and some twisted sexual innuendos.
Parent Written byconcernedmother12 December 13, 2014
Adult Written bywonder dove January 4, 2014

Fun joy ride...so buckle up!!

You're Next is a very decent slasher film!! It is creepy and very gory. For me, it kind of went from scary to thrilling, the beginning being most jumpy while the mid-end was a joy ride all around. It's basically about a married couple called Paul and Aubrey celebrating their 35th anniversary in a secluded house on their getaway where Paul has plans to renovate as sort of a little project. At first it seems like a peaceful retreat until Aubrey insists she hears footsteps coming from upstairs and wants to leave immediately. The husband willingly checks it out but finds nothing. Their grown children, sons Crispian, Drake and Felix and daughter Aimee with their significant others also show up and Crispian tells his girlfriend Erin that the gathering will be "interesting" as they all haven't been together in a long time. After some arguing and bickering between brothers during dinner, they are interrupted by a furious bow and arrow attack from a group of freaky animal-masked killers coming from outside, murdering one of the members and then havoc begins. Characters scream, panic and run for cover while Erin seems to be the only one who knows how to use a weapon and has the most common sense in this frightening situation. But are the killers out there for a reason or is this just a random rampage? If you're not ready for extreme gore then this is certainly not for you. It is very bloody and violent. The language is strong with over 20 uses of the f-word, sh*t, d@mn, hell, some religious terms. Violence is very strong and gory including masked men carrying and using machetes, axes, rifles, knives and bow & arrows. Two families are seen attacked. Two couples are seen slashed and axed - their bodies are seen in a pool of blood while walls and mirrors are splattered. Killers in masks are seen in the windows, hiding throughout the house and there are some chase scenes. Lots of vicious beatings, bloody skulls, butchered eyes, brutal stabbings. A character uses a meat tenderizer on a character and his brains explode with lots of blood splatters. We often see the words "You're Next" written in blood on a wall or mirror after each killing. Other weapons of all sorts are used throughout like hammers, wooden boards and screwdrivers. Sexual content is not that bad...the scenes are quick, we have a non-graphic quick, brief sex scene in the beginning. A man takes a shower (no nudity) and a woman walks around her house with a revealing open shirt on (her breasts are covered). A man unhooks his girlfriends bra and her side-boob is revealed for 2 seconds until she puts it back on and says "she's not feeling it" so he walks away. A scene where a woman takes her top off revealing her bra and kisses her boyfriend on a bed next to his dead mother, she wants to go further but he pushes her away in disgust. A few pecks on the lips between couples. There's a bit of drinking and some prescription drug talk with some pills taken. Really enjoyed this! Absolutely not OK for kids or younger teens, 16+ only!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaleb_1028 March 22, 2016

Very bloody

Lots of gore but more in a comedic way. Some murders are pretty unsettling and overall extreme. Nudity at the beggining mostly, so if your worried about nudity you should be fine as long as you just skip the first scene.
Adult Written bySam Marrick March 21, 2016

Entertaining, well made, mildy surprising.

The lead girl is a badass and we root for her throughout. Movie stops being scary halfway tbrough and becomes a survival/ assassination thriller that knows how to hit the right notes on pursuits and kills. The dialog is passable i guess and most of the characters are hollow. But as a "watch em die flick" it builds them up relatively well before thier cruel and brutal deaths that still shock despite toungue in cheek moments. An arrow to the neck, a throat cut with razor wire (shown in closeup but not as bloody as one would expect). A man repeatedly stabbed with a screwdriver in an emotionally intense scene (blood dots his sweater). Bloody after math of a woman slashed to death in bed. A man has his throat slashed by machete with some blood. A man bloodily has his jugular cut. A woman is thrown through glass (she is bloody) and is golf butted in the skull with an axe. A brutal electrocution and sloppy blender deep into the top of somebodys head. A lecher is shown butchered. Several but not many f words. Implied sex with legs shown and breasts after they are finished and again i with an undressing married couple. A man is beated in the head woth a wrench repeatedly (we see close ups of the bloody wound). A man is stabed in the eye and his hands are bloody, another is beaten to deathw ith a brick splattering the ground and the killer with blood (dark flickering shots). One is stabbed in the foot. A woman seriously proposes that she and her boyfriend "F--- on your mothers corpse".
Adult Written byjkauto March 11, 2015

Fantastic

You're Next is what the horror genre needed. With production companies manufacturing constant variations of successful films like "The Conjuring" and "Insidious," it was nice to see a slasher; a well done slasher, that is. You're Next has a fresh take on the home invasion horror sub-genre. Instead of spewing not only guts and gore- it gives us strong character development of our heroin and delineates its "indie" feel quite proudly. The sex is low- very tame for a slasher films- especially in our post-modern genre of horror films like the "Friday the 13th" remake. The twist is also nice- not too predictable. Any teenage horror fanatic will want to see this and if their high school aged then they've seen it before- this is greatly directed and produced entertainment.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoctor11 January 22, 2015

awful

How do I describe this movie? I almost never not finish the movies I start but I couldn't even get half way through this one!!! It wasn't scary in the slightest. I wasn't even frightened by the jump scares! The acting sucked sooo bad. Is the only way to show you are scared is by screaming your head off and crying profusely? I guess that's what the writer and director think. That's appropriate for the beginning but it gets super annoying as the movie goes on. Also I didn't give two figs about any of the characters. Heck, I didn't even give one fig! I was just sitting there, pinching the bridge of my nose watching as they all commit the worst horror movie sins and die because of it. And I mean the WORST! Sending a lone person to run out the door and drive to the police station, leaving a person alone on a whole other floor of the house to let her mourn, looking under a bed for no reason at all, completely obvious things. Amd it isnt a parody or anything, it's a serious movie. Do not watch, for your own sanity. This is worst horror movie I have ever seen.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 October 23, 2014

Horror film has a twist, but it's no "Cabin in the Woods"!

That is not to say that "Cabin in the Woods" is a horror classic...many believe that but I am not in that majority, but it certainly has the better twist among these two. The fun of this movie, and yes, even though it's pretty bloody there's a lot of humor tossed in, is finding out why these masked strangers (the lamb masked killer by far is the creepiest) are terrorizing this family. The movie's soundtrack is also clever: it's just various remixes of one song that plays in the beginning of the film. The acting I thought wasn't too bad for a horror film, a genre not known for getting love at the Oscars! Check it out with some friends, it provides some laughs and a few genuine jump scares!
Teen, 17 years old Written byIlovemovies❤️❤️❤️ July 28, 2014

To graphic!!!

"You'r Next" is full on violence. This is not a family movie what so ever! In the beginning of the movie, you see a man caressing a young lady while her breasts are shown. (sex scene lasts fewer then 7 seconds, but it's pretty graphic and clear enough what their doing) later on in the movie a women is in the bathroom getting ready for the day (thighs are shown) when her husband attempts to have sex with her by pulling her top piece off reveling her breasts (no actual sex happens but her breast are shown from a far angle) near to the end, a women try's (attempts) to have sex with her boyfriend while she says "f--k me next to your dead mom" right after she said that, nothing happened because the boyfriend got mad (but it was obvious enough to know what they were about to do). Language is pretty intense but it's unexpected when it's gonna come up. Language includes "f--k", "c--t", "p---y", "b---h", "s--t", etc. Violence is over the top and is not meant for kids. It could be very graphic and frightening for kids that are still scared or not mature. Gore, blood, sex, graphic nudity, graphic violence/images, terror, sexual content, and brief language are all in "You're Next".
Teen, 15 years old Written bycj98 February 23, 2014

Gory but fun

I really enjoyed this movie, loving the plot twists it provides and the female heroine. It is VERY violent but in a way that's not very emotionally draining (it's the average slasher movie where you don't get attached to anyone). There is one suggestive scene that I can think of, where a woman tries to seduce a man (two of the later revealed killers) into having sex next to his mom's dead body.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 16, 2014

Good movie with a twist, could have done without so the violence

The movie starts out with an inappropriate scene (the first part of it) was very unnecessary. Anyway, now for the main part of the movie. Violent, some strong language, unnecessary references. Very surprising twist. You might be afraid to sleep with the light off. This movie is not like The Strangers.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovie/gamefan August 23, 2013

your next

ok so the film is filled with blood and some shots of nudity so yeah