All member reviews for You're Next

Teen, 16 years old Written bypersuadedbread August 23, 2013

extremely vilent movie is super entertaining

this is a violent movie. creative kills are one of the many things that keep this entertaining. my favorite being the one where the huge guy( hes such a boss) holds a girl down and uses her head as a golf ball for his axe.
Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah August 25, 2013

Why are the reviews positive? Honestly!

Um, was I missing something here? This is so laden with tropes for the first half and then tries to be original, causing it to just progressively become more and more contrived. And I love horror and thriller films. Literally, the first scene is a couple having sex and that's the unintentional foreshadowing for the characters' dumb behavior (but I will admit that it's sometimes justified). It has probably one scare that works, and the others don't really have tension so not even the loud BANG! noise startled me. It tries to be darkly comical but those moments fall on their face; it could have been a bit better if it were serious. I actually predicted a few things: one was because the synopsis ruins the main gimmick, and another was because I was thinking of Scream while watching it and that unintentionally revealed a twist that was formally revealed in the last ten minutes. Its production values for its budget are nice but that's the best part of it. I really didn't even find the kills to be creative since Nancy made these stupid contraptions to harm her antagonist in A Nightmare on Elm Street in 1984 and Kevin did the same in Home Alone in 1990. Oh well. This film didn't make me angry, it's just that it wasn't well-written. Also, the good only actor was the main girl. This is why you don't cast your friends to be in a movie. 4.9/10, bad, two thumbs down, below average, etc.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovie/gamefan August 23, 2013

your next

ok so the film is filled with blood and some shots of nudity so yeah
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviegoer14 November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: You're Next.

The first act of the film is disappointing. Predictable and cheesy. The second act of the film is just fine. Familiar but enjoyable. The third and final act of the film, two thumbs up. Twisted. Horrifying. Entertaining. Original. Stylish. Twisted. More than Just pleasing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoctor11 January 22, 2015

awful

How do I describe this movie? I almost never not finish the movies I start but I couldn't even get half way through this one!!! It wasn't scary in the slightest. I wasn't even frightened by the jump scares! The acting sucked sooo bad. Is the only way to show you are scared is by screaming your head off and crying profusely? I guess that's what the writer and director think. That's appropriate for the beginning but it gets super annoying as the movie goes on. Also I didn't give two figs about any of the characters. Heck, I didn't even give one fig! I was just sitting there, pinching the bridge of my nose watching as they all commit the worst horror movie sins and die because of it. And I mean the WORST! Sending a lone person to run out the door and drive to the police station, leaving a person alone on a whole other floor of the house to let her mourn, looking under a bed for no reason at all, completely obvious things. Amd it isnt a parody or anything, it's a serious movie. Do not watch, for your own sanity. This is worst horror movie I have ever seen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCWG1 August 30, 2014

Surprisingly Not To Bad!

This movie popped up on my netflix, so I decided to check it out, and I wasn't very disappointed from it. Parents though need to know that this movie has some scenes of violence that don't have much blood, but there are some scenes of graphic bloody violence with quite a bit of gore. This movie has some minor sexuality/sensuality, but doesn't really have much nudity, and the nudity that is there is from a distance and brief. Language isn't pervasive, but does appear numerous times in the movie. The main concern is the violence, but overall a good movie with some good twists!
Teen, 17 years old Written byIlovemovies❤️❤️❤️ July 28, 2014

To graphic!!!

"You'r Next" is full on violence. This is not a family movie what so ever! In the beginning of the movie, you see a man caressing a young lady while her breasts are shown. (sex scene lasts fewer then 7 seconds, but it's pretty graphic and clear enough what their doing) later on in the movie a women is in the bathroom getting ready for the day (thighs are shown) when her husband attempts to have sex with her by pulling her top piece off reveling her breasts (no actual sex happens but her breast are shown from a far angle) near to the end, a women try's (attempts) to have sex with her boyfriend while she says "f--k me next to your dead mom" right after she said that, nothing happened because the boyfriend got mad (but it was obvious enough to know what they were about to do). Language is pretty intense but it's unexpected when it's gonna come up. Language includes "f--k", "c--t", "p---y", "b---h", "s--t", etc. Violence is over the top and is not meant for kids. It could be very graphic and frightening for kids that are still scared or not mature. Gore, blood, sex, graphic nudity, graphic violence/images, terror, sexual content, and brief language are all in "You're Next".
Teen, 15 years old Written bycj98 February 23, 2014

Gory but fun

I really enjoyed this movie, loving the plot twists it provides and the female heroine. It is VERY violent but in a way that's not very emotionally draining (it's the average slasher movie where you don't get attached to anyone). There is one suggestive scene that I can think of, where a woman tries to seduce a man (two of the later revealed killers) into having sex next to his mom's dead body.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 16, 2014

Good movie with a twist, could have done without so the violence

The movie starts out with an inappropriate scene (the first part of it) was very unnecessary. Anyway, now for the main part of the movie. Violent, some strong language, unnecessary references. Very surprising twist. You might be afraid to sleep with the light off. This movie is not like The Strangers.