All teen and kid member reviews for Zero Dark Thirty

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen January 9, 2013

6th Best Movie of 2012

I really enjoyed this movie for its attention to detail and intensity to the situation. It is #6 in my favorites behind #5: Argo, #4: Skyfall, #3: Django Unchained, #2: The Dark Knight Rises, #1: Looper Which I also recommend to all. This contains pretty Strong Brutal Violence and Graphic Language especially the last 40 minutes. This has tons of mature themes and content including tourture and unexpected bombings. If you can't handle very intense materiel stay away.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats January 20, 2013

The Greatest Manhunt in History

Easily one of the best films of 2012. Jessica Chastain's performance is flawless and the supporting cast is great. I don't understand all the flak that Bigelow is getting about this because the torture scenes weren't too lengthy or graphic. Her direction is excellent, especially in the final scene where instead of making tons of commotion on screen and having obnoxious shaky cam, she lets the tension hang in the air with the power of silence and still keeps you on the edge of your seat. One of the most well-made movies I've ever seen. There is some nudity for about a minute or two when a man is being tortured and his bare backside is seen. Violence could be an issue because there is a few scenes with intense close range shooting but that is very infrequent. Suicide bombers are seen twice from aerial views. The f-word is thrown around about maybe twenty times, and about ten uses of s--t. Alcohol is seen being consumed various times. Positive role models are in Zero Dark Thirty, though, because Maya is a strong woman who does a job that primarily consists of men, better than most men, a lot like Kathryn Bigelow. A.
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2014

Zero Dark Thirty has profanity, mild nudity and violence but is still an excellent movie.

The sex is mild, only naked male bottoms. The violence is only in the end and during the torture scenes, but overall there is not too much blood and there is no gore that I remember seeing and I saw this movie about a month ago. The language is the worst part except since swearing isn't usually a problem, there's not much too worry about. So overall I'd say it's NOT for ages 0-7, OK for ages 8-13, and is GREAT for ages 14-18. There is learning value in this movie and it's a true story making it a better movie than the "I'm going to space to blow up aliens to have their guts all over the camera." So I definitely recommend seeing this movie if you are at least at 13 years of age. (There is some smoking and drinking.)
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 10, 2013

Amazing, yet brutal drama.

Characters are shot in the final scene multiple times while on the ground, blood is shown. There are some upsetting scenes of explosions and much intensity throughout. The profanity is the problem, there are close to 45 F words, as well as drinking and suggestive talk.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat May 29, 2013

Great movie! But extremely violent.

Great,but extremely violent story on killing Osama bin laden. I recommend this movie for older teenagers, because it contains plenty of foul language and violence.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2013

Great

My uncle took me my 15 year old cousin and my 20 year old brother to go see it. It was fantastic it had a lot of language like the f word and the s word it violence of course and the acting was amazing overall it was great it is a must see
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieloverbitsh April 14, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty for mature 13 year old

This was an AMAZING movie. It is very intense has some disturbing things in it but a very mature 13 year old could see it as long as they aren't scared of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 April 9, 2013

0 dark 30 sucks

0 dark 30 sucks and the movie should not have been made at all. bid laden is stupid and should die in a hole. period.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfangningsheng March 25, 2013

Thoughful, complex film demands multiple viewings

Zero Dark Thirty is an intense, thoughtful film that is hard to categorize. It requires several viewings to fully enjoy and understand it. Definitely a worthy film to watch. Content wise, expect two gunfight sequences, one brief and not graphic and the other longer and rather graphic, with spurting blood, screaming, and dead bodies. There are several torture sequences including waterboarding and a man being hit in the face repeatedly. Language is strong and relentless. There is some drinking and smoking, and references to drugs. Best for mature teens and up. Suggested MPAA Rating: R for strong violence including torture, and pervasive language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan August 13, 2015

Zero Dark Thirty movie review

"Zero Dark Thirty" is a very good film. It was interesting to see how Osama Bin Laden was found and killed because the man (if he can be called a man and not a scaredy cat) absolutely deserved death for his actions of 9/11. Jessica Chastain plays the person most responsible for his deaths and she was very good in this movie. I think her performance is slightly overrated but still good. My issue with the film is how we don't see her character background. The movie is very good at taking its time. It is a slow movie. I still really enjoyed watching it and was riveted by the last act of the movie. It is a very well-made film. The cinematography and direction are excellent. "Zero Dark Thirty" was an interesting portrait of hunting Bin Laden who deserves to burn in hell. I enjoyed it but thought "Argo" was absolutely the better picture.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Owner of a dog December 18, 2014

Eh...........

It really depends on what your child watches. Understands what they are watching. so yea......They have to understand Obamis bin Landens death or however you
Teen, 16 years old Written bythe-divergent February 22, 2014

Brilliant

Before I say anything, I have to say how much I loved this movie. It was extremely interesting. But it was intense. There are many torture scenes and A LOT of violence. This wouldn't be that bad if it was fictional but to know that that actually happens it's extremely frightening. THIS MOVIE IS FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. I'm warning you now, do not let your 13 year old watch this! This is for mature teens and any adult. It is enjoyable if you can handle it.
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2013

No t for

There is a ton of violence and is therefore not for kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byi rate things August 17, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty Mature Audiences

I saw it when I was 13; however, I saw it with my dad. There is extreme profanity but it tells the story without holding back. There is also torture scenes but anyone who enjoys history or is curious about the movie should watch it! It is for mature audiences though.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 2, 2013

Good Action-Drama for 15+

This is an action-drama from Kathryn Bigelow, who directed the violent movies Point Break, and The Hurt Locker. It isn't overly violent but there are some scenes of torture, explosions, and shooting. The ending contains a raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound and there is some semi-bloody shooting violence. There is some swearing and drinking throughout the film also. The main character is determined to get Osama and she is a pretty good role model.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySithLordBeast June 24, 2013

KILL THAT BAD BOI

I didn't go into Zero Dark Thirty with very high expectations, however it was a little better than I expected. I'd give it a 7/10 but I've given it a 4/5 because hey, I'm rounding up. It was a little long and got a little sluggish at times, but there was always a good explosion or new something to keep my attention. Most of the movie focused on tracking o sama bin laden or his helpers, and only the last 30 minutes or so was actually dedicated to going to bin laden's house. These last 30 minutes were also my favorite part of the movie. The movie was pretty violent and it started out with a long torture scene. It might be painful to watch if you have a weak stomach but it wasn't too bad. at the end of the movie people are also shot (including wives of osama's helpers) and it is a little bloody but again, not too bad. The language was what really made the movie R, with frequent uses of f--k (around 40-50) and other frequent language (including sh--). You also see a man's butt. just saying. So it's a pretty good movie, not great, I guess. Yeah. Bye.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty is a well crafted film

“Although the pace may be bothersome for some as well as the lack of humor; Zero Dark Thirty is still a well acted film, with solid directing, camera shots, immersive storytelling, a great script, an emotionally charged ending (shows what a 10 year journey can do to a person) and controversial torture procedures (Very interestingly truthfully shown tactics) make Zero Dark thirty one of the best movies of 2012. I would recommend this movie”. Language is frequent(f-word is said 50+ times)
Teen, 15 years old Written byamygrace April 13, 2013

Brilliant, but dark

Incredible movie. it was sort of similar to the movie argo, except it was much more violent and dark. the really bad parts was the beginning torture scenes and the very end when they invade Osama Bin Laden's house. The middle, how ever is amazing. maya is true to her beliefs, even when others are skeptical. Know your kid before watching this with them. you can fast forward through most of the torture and just watch the parts in it where the prisoners are saying something, or just have your kids close their eyes. the ending is not even close to as violent as the beginning, and 13+ could probably watch it. i would say NOT for anyone under 13, and know your child if they are below 16. A great movie overall, Jessica Chastain should have won best actress at the oscars!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 23, 2013

gripping but violent tale of the hunt for Osama bin Laden

after reading the book and waiting until it came out, i was overall impressed with this documentary-like film. albeit the movie was controversial with the torture scenes, it was still a pure cinematic masterwork with a powerful performance by Chastain. this thrilling film has many acts of violence, mostly in the beggining. we hear calls from 9/11 victims, then we are shown a man being tortured by beating, waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and crammed in a small box. other people are shot with blood spurt and are sometimes seen afterward. 4 explosions go off, one in London which injures many people (one survivor is seen with blood running down his face). another is a suicide bombing at the base which claims many lives. the other 2 are at a restaraunt and at bin Laden's house. grisly aftermaths of shootings are seen, with blood and gore visible. the film also contains a mans naked butt on display, plenty of swearing, and smoking throughout.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2013