All member reviews for Zero Dark Thirty

Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 February 9, 2013

A dark story in real life, a dark story on the big screen.

Zero Dark Thirty is a drama/thriller based off true events involving the manhunt for Osama Bin Laden. With its heavy praise and intriguing real-life storyline, your teens may have interest in seeing this movie. With this being a movie about a manhunt for a deadly terrorist, you can expect plenty of violence and tense moments (especially the films' climax). Violence includes violent interrogation scenes involving torture, sudden bombs exploding out of nowhere (made me jump), and plenty of gunfire. Language is also strong involving the f-word used several times along with the other "usual" potty-mouthed phrases. The main character, Maya, a female CIA agent who is the one leading the manhunt is a strong female character who isn't leading to get fame, but leading to help the country. She is relentless in her pursuit to take down Osama Bin Laden, and she can come across as a strong, brave female character girls can look up to. Beer, smoking, wine, etc are both referenced and seen, but aren't shoved in your face. Zero Dark Thirty is a very exciting drama that is slow at parts, tense at other parts, and shocking at times, as well, but in the end, it is a very well-made take on one of our nations' biggest victories. Teens 17 and up should get a fair share of educational value from this movie. Teens and kids 17 and under will find the movie too intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRedmist127 February 6, 2013

Going to give other Oscar nominees a run for their money.

Well acted, well paced, and altogether brilliant! The torture scenes are very intense and WILL upset some people. There is a decent amount of language and some male rear nudity.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2013

Very well acted gripping war film

This movie looks intense, emotional, film My friends have seen zero dark thirty They told me it was violent like The hurt locker also. But it has a Very positive role model 1Teamwork and confidence 2 and also think before you do. This movie looks very good Movie. under 12 or 11 not okay can not handle This well acted emotional film and Kids over 12 or 11 can handle zero Thirty dark tip if you see your kids being very Mature and been very good let them see this with an adult or a few Friends
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 19, 2013

Extremely dark and frighteningly real

Content wise, let me warn: a couple brought A 6 YEAR OLD GIRL TO THIS MOVIE. I have no idea what went through their heads; this movie is strictly for movie loving older teens and adults, the language and violence are very coarse. The torture isn't as bad you think, but it's still difficult to watch. The movie is a fascinating study on Maya, played brilliantly by Chastain, whose entire BEING is devoted to finding bin Laden. The movie's a real thrill, but I doubt I could watch it again, especially the harrowing raid scene.