All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHoly Nun July 9, 2016

Okay

A less gory, less funny and less clever American version of Shaun of the Dead. Would still recommend to watch though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNetconner June 25, 2016

For mature teens

Zombieland is tons of fun and really good, if your child is mature and not bothered by violence or language, it should be ok.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomegamer123 June 24, 2016

My favorite movie ever!!!

This movie is a hilarious zombie Twinkie fest, with lots of laughs and gore. Detailed review: ➖Violence: 4/5 most of the violence is either comical or shown offscreen. It can be very gory at some parts, (ie a zombie eating intestines, pulling out a bone from someone's body and drinking the marrow) but it is all shown from far away. ➖Drugs/alcohol: 2/5 they do drink and at one scene smoke pot from a hooka pipe, but not like your kids will be like "I'm gonna do that too!!" ➖Consumerism: 2/5 twinkies twinkies everything is twinkies. ➖Sex: 1/5 pretty much nonexistent. They kiss. Nothing new. Move along. ➖Horror: 3/5 not really scary... Startling at some points... Mostly just gross. Over all, a great movie not for young children, but great for 12 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloitsme May 22, 2016

Zombieland

Zombieland is very good but has really bad swearing in it. There are no positive messages and it is a little violent.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover728 May 15, 2016

Hilarious!

This movie was hilarious. It wasn't really that scary and it wasn't gory that much. It was bloody but the only gore is one head bashed in, zombie eating a person(far shot) and close up of flesh in a zombies mouth. But it was hilarious!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoxmalmage13 May 7, 2016

A very funny and touching horror-comedy

A good funny movie that ends with all the characters finding happiness, and actually ending up better than they were before the zombie apocalypse. The humor takes away from much of the gore and sometimes frightning looking zombies. There is some graphic language though and the characters at one point smoke marijuana and drink alcohol.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheAverageKid March 8, 2016

These Days.

These days kids have matured. When it comes to little kids saying "BUTTS HAHAHA" all the time that is long gone beside preschools that encourage it. This movie has gore in it I'll give you that but when you have kids 11 and up watching the walking dead this can be a wipe out. All in all this is ok for the Average Kid these days.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMolly Davis February 21, 2016
Zombieland is a really good film Zombieland is Gory, Violence,Language, Drug use,...
Adult Written byshannyn October 5, 2015

I Love It!

I love this movie! It's been one of my favourites for years now, I love the humor and when I first heard about it I thought the gore would be a lot worse, I'm very squeamish but there were very few scenes where I thought 'urg, gross'. I watched it when I was 12, though the language is quite bad I don't think it deserves it's 17+ rating, though I was quite a mature child it was honestly not that bad.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2015

Great movie but not for young kids

I personally love this movie but it has a lot of swearing. It also talks about when the last time they last had sex. In the beginning there is a prostitute zombie that wore hardly anything just panties that are way too small and something that covered up that tiny area on her boob. Three people are shown smoking weed and drinking alcohol. There is an entence amount of violence and lots of gore. This movie is meant to be a parody like "Shawn Of The Dead". It is very enjoyable. One of my very favorite movies .
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2015

An amazing film... with gore and swearing

Zombieland is an amazing horror/comedy. Although, there are around 30 uses of f--k and other profanities. It also has some very gory moments. There is also some breif explicit nudity in the opening scene. I think that "Zombieland" is a great film for kids 16 and up. Thank you for reading!
Adult Written bykelseylucas May 6, 2015

The Former Child's Review of Zombieland

When I was a child I would beg my parents to let me watch inappropriate movies similar to this one. This movie is amazing but I may have seen it too early. However, it may have helped me to get over my fear of zombies. It is incredibly funny and Tallahassee's devotion to Twinkies is a beautiful love story of its own.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 25, 2015

Zombieland

Great movie. But it has some sex (references), violence blood gore with zombies and humans, and language, this includes sh*t, a*s, damn, hell, b!tch f*ck motherf*cker, jesus, godda*n, ... It is a very good zombie movie and i think its a little iffy for a VERY MATURE 12 year old.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2015

Funny horror-comedy is bloody, but not as gory as people make it out to be.

Parents need to know that this horror-comedy is quite gory in scenes, but is not as gory as some people say. There are some shots of zombies eating people, but many shots are brief and are taken from a distance - also, the comedy lightens the tone and theme of the movie. Language is strong and frequent, with 'f*ck' used many times. There are some crude sex references, and one scene where characters smoke drugs (not heavily shown - lasts for 5 seconds).
Adult Written byjacob a February 25, 2015

A movie not for kids. maybe for kids aged 18 and older

I never watched the movie, but so far i know it has LOTS of gore. not a movie for kids
Adult Written byNathan009 November 13, 2014

Good but for mature audience only

Good film has many good parts and is more violent than sexual. If you have seen Shaun of the dead this is sutible for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxLIARx November 1, 2014

Comedy Horror

This film is great, I watched it when I was 12 and loved it. Although it contains a bit of violence, I would say that it depends on the person watching. Personally, I think World War Z is more violent, yet it is rated 14. I think that the film is more comedy than horror, and if you can handle a bit of gore - then this film is for you!
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byMommaOfTwoo July 25, 2014

loved it!

I thought that this movie, while violent, was hilarious! It's obviously not a movie for children, use some common sense people.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaws 100 July 19, 2014

It's hilarious and gory-(the best combination)

It's a hilarious movie. it is a bit gory, but if you can stomach that kind of stuff, then the swearing is the only real issue, but then again it's nearly all just f**k's
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlogger875763 July 5, 2014

What i think of this movie

I think that it's not for kids but I watched it before its is Funny Not for kids if a young child watches this they may have nightmares I think a age of 17+ is good