Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byxLIARx November 1, 2014

Comedy Horror

This film is great, I watched it when I was 12 and loved it. Although it contains a bit of violence, I would say that it depends on the person watching. Personally, I think World War Z is more violent, yet it is rated 14. I think that the film is more comedy than horror, and if you can handle a bit of gore - then this film is for you!
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byMommaOfTwoo July 25, 2014

loved it!

I thought that this movie, while violent, was hilarious! It's obviously not a movie for children, use some common sense people.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaws 100 July 19, 2014

It's hilarious and gory-(the best combination)

It's a hilarious movie. it is a bit gory, but if you can stomach that kind of stuff, then the swearing is the only real issue, but then again it's nearly all just f**k's
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlogger875763 July 5, 2014

What i think of this movie

I think that it's not for kids but I watched it before its is Funny Not for kids if a young child watches this they may have nightmares I think a age of 17+ is good
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2014

CSM Insight - Zombieland (DVD)

What other families should know is that Zombieland is a comical zombie film which younger teens may handle. You really need to think of what your child can handle, and if he/she is sensitive. The violence is bloody and frequent, but it is comical. There are infrequent rude or crude remarks. The thing that is very worrying is the language. There is a lot of 'F' words followed by 'S' words and so on. This language is frequent. Also, it is unrealistic. SPOILER ALERT: A man kills zombies just to get a Hostess Twinkie! Overall Insight: Zombie violence, frequent strong bloody comic violence, very frequent strong language, strong innuendo and infrequent rude/crude comments.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2014

BBFC 14

14: Contains frequent strong bloody violence and strong language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 September 2, 2013

TWINKIES!

Very good acting is over the top not very scary for a horror movie but very violent. I liked the whole trying to find a family theme and I liked woody harrelsons Twinkie loving part. some smoking and getting high but hardly any sex besides asking when was the last time he did it and a stipper zombie chasing guys out of a bar
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 April 29, 2013

Zombieland

This movie is hillarious. I'm a huge Ruben Fleischer fan. It has lots of gory violence and some language, but nothing teens can't handle and wouldn't love.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 15, 2013

Zombieland definitely is fun and smart

Zombieland is a good movie. I like it alot. It is gory but anyone 13 and up can handle it. It is fun watching the acting and you'll laugh a lot. It is a very smart movie and it is very nice to see Woody Harrelson be the zombie killing psycho.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkpandagirl March 7, 2013

Better than other zombie movies

Zombieland is violent, like all other zombie movies, but the thing about this one is that is has some dark humor mixed in with in. I loved this movie and I think it's worth watching, just be careful who watches it with you because a lot of f-bombs are dropped.
Teen, 15 years old Written byttoohey5 March 3, 2013

A Sickly Entertaining Horror-Comedy Hybrid

Zombieland is one of my favorite movies of all-time and one of the funniest films I've ever seen. My experience with films is limited because of my young age, but I've seen quite a few movies and this is one of the best. The humor is refreshingly dark, the performances are great (Woody Harrelson's in particular is almost Oscar-worthy), and every minute of it is bursting with zombie violence and fun. While the violence is gory and bloody and may disturb some younger viewers, I guarantee those who haven't a problem with blood/gore will be very entertained. The humor and tone of the movie is perfect, depicting vicious acts of horror violence in a fun and enthusiastic way. The characters in the film spend most of the film killing zombies, and you can tell they love every second of it. If you feel you and your child can get past the language and the horror violence, you're both in for a wildly fun time.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2013

Zombieland

I'm a total horror junkie and I didn't find this scary. I actually found the crazy deaths humorous. However, some might find this scary especially under 14's. Good movie though, worth the watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoetic Ramblings January 28, 2013

Decent enough

Great cast, lukewarm movie. Given the hype, I was somewhat disappointed by the mediocrity and unfulfilled potential. Predictable, but at times entertaining.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2013

This movie was suppose to be called Bloody land very gory film and violent also

Very Hilarious flick for older zombie fans who like like Shaun of the dead But has tons of blood and gore UNDER 14 CAN NOT SEE THIS ZOMBIE FLICK
Teen, 13 years old Written bylele600 January 14, 2013

Not for little kids.

Its a great movie. Just not for little kids.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2012

A funny film

Unlike the fellow kids my age, I loved this movie and thought it wasn't that violent, and if you are thinking "why does she say that", well it's because I've seen worse. To all the people out there who are like "OMG YOU ARE GONNA CRAP U R PANTS IF YOU SEE THIS" , go watch the Grey or Seven Psychopaths. You will see the difference, lemme tell you that. Its a very humorous film and Great to See. The only reason I put positive role model was because Talahassee is chasing what he wants: a Twinkie. RIP TWINKIES
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 December 21, 2012

nom nom nom zombieland

You'd be lying if you said this was a bad movie. At least 89% or more of the world can say this movie is the best zombie movie right next to 'Shawn of the Dead'. This movie's HILARIOUS! Only thing to REALLY worry about is the intense blood, gore, and swearing (but then again, it's a zombie movie, so only an !diot wouldn't expect that) plus in the beginning there is a zombie/str!pper girl, and though she is covered in blood so most of her body LOOKS covered, she is still pretty much nak3d. (why am i using ! and 3? becuz i feel like it, so back off you grammar naz!s!!!) Anyway, if you just skip the opening scene, you should be pretty much fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff121 December 16, 2012

ZOMBIELAND IS THE BEST!

Awesome movie just has some violence and some language appropriate for 13 and up.
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2012

Good for Teens.

I would recomend this only for Teens 13 and up. This was not a movie for little kids at all. On top of that my dad showed this to my 8 year old sister. It is just very inapropriatte. It sets kids off in the wrong direction.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Nut Up or Shut Up

This hilarious, excellent made zombie flick is great for teens and up. If your kid is mature, they may be able to see this at age twelve, knowing that the language is not appropriate and a zombie apocalypse could never happen. If your child isn't very mature, wait till age twelve and then maybe even wait some. It's a very good movie with excellent direction, acting, and a witty screenplay. Has heavy language (including f-words) and some violence. A-.