Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Nut Up or Shut Up

This hilarious, excellent made zombie flick is great for teens and up. If your kid is mature, they may be able to see this at age twelve, knowing that the language is not appropriate and a zombie apocalypse could never happen. If your child isn't very mature, wait till age twelve and then maybe even wait some. It's a very good movie with excellent direction, acting, and a witty screenplay. Has heavy language (including f-words) and some violence. A-.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheflash9 November 3, 2012

Hilarious Comedy is Genius

By far my favorite movie of all time. My brother and I watched Zombieland and we were both laughing our heads off. Zombieland is so good that I could watch it over and over again. I know this may be a hard-core R movie due to violence but this is a must see to mature kids. Zombieland tells the story of Tallahassee and Columbus, two of the last people on earth. The earth has been taken over by zombies and the survivors have to fight to live. They meet the sisters, Witchita and Little Rock and are soon headed out to supposedly zombie-free amusment park. As they head to Los Angles they must overcome their differences and work together to stay alive.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy October 24, 2012

Nut up or shut up!

Zombieland is a very funny, sometimes scary, movie. It has great characters such as Talahasse, who is a badass that kills zombies with ease, and have one of the best quotes in movies ever, 'nut up or shut up' and 'IT'S BILL F***ING MURRAY!' that being said, this movie does have graphic violence and some strong language such as f--k or s--t. It also has its fair share of scary moments, but nothing a teen couldn't handle. Overall, Zombieland is a great dark comedy, and I recommend this to teens 14+.
Adult Written bymoviemaker201 October 12, 2012

Zombieland=Fun!

Zombieland is great fun! The mix of over-the-top horror violence and rich, (if sometimes inappropriate) comedy is irresistible! The story follows the geeky Columbus, who wishes to start a family in California, a supposedly zombie uninhabited place. Along the way, he teams up with a wild rough-and-tumble Tallahassee, the feminine yet tough Wichita, and the twelve year old girl Little Rock, all with destinations of their own. When Columbus discovers that his destination was burned down, he has nothing left to lose. Together, they go to Los Angeles, seeking out a zombie-free amusement park that Wichita and Little Rock were originally seeking. Violence: 9/10 Zombies graphically kill (a zombie eats out a woman's leg muscles) so in turn, they're graphically killed. (a zombie's head is cut off offscreen.) A zombie's leg is slammed in a door. Zombies eat people, vomit blood and unknown substances, chase main characters, and more. Quite a few jump scenes. Innocents are eaten and killed in many ways. Language: 10/10 F***, C**k, B****, B******, A**, D**k, D**n, H***, Sh**, Sucks, Crap, Piss, and more. Sex: 4/10 Is discussed and referenced to. A girl cuddles with a boy and falls asleep. (She turns into a zombie when he wakes up! Gasp!) A passionate kiss or two. Not bad, considering the R rating. MPAA Official Rating: Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovielover5689 September 9, 2012

I Loved Zombieland

Zombieland is epic however, it has gore, and swearing, GREAT MOVIE!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 August 17, 2012

good movie

yes there is some bad language but infrequent!!!!!! head smashing shootings and one bloody mess. .
Adult Written bycommin August 13, 2012

Woody Harrelson, The Twinkie Loving Wildman

Hello CSM. For this review, me and my dad will write it together since I'm going to college tomorrow:(. Anyway, here it is. First is my dad. This is a very entertaining and well made film. Four very different people fight to retain their integrity and human-ness in the face of a world that is falling apart with the greater part of the population affected by Zombies. The bleak landscape includes highways lined with abandoned cars and vandalized grocery stores. The initial attraction of Bill Murray's gaudy mansion becomes less attractive to the main characters as they attempt to pursue a life rooted in reality. It doesn't happen. And now here is my review, To be honest, Zombieland was one of the greatest movies i've ever seen. Woody Harrelson, Really funny. But Jesse Eisenberg, Funny as hell! It was a pretty funny horror comedy. I Didn't even know those were real! The language is frequent. But the violence is almost constant. There are brief sex moments but ok. There is a 12 year girl (abigail benson) knows how to use a gun. However, It all goes out as a hilarious movie. Thank you for reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadygagaisawesome August 9, 2012

Zombieland is a great movie.

Zombieland is awesome ,it has violence , language , best movie of 2009 so far.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr_hack July 19, 2012

IM 13 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS WAT I THINK

this film is very good and im only 13 years old my self and it does not have that much bad language in it is a bit violent but apart from that it is a very good film and kids 13 & up should be old a nuff to watch this
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 16, 2012

Great premise, scary good time

I like comedies like this, with a small cast that lets you see the characters grow. When's the last time you saw good character development in a horror movie? While "Zombieland" is more "Shaun of the Dead" than "Dawn of the Dead," you'll still get your thrills, just with a lot more laughs. An SNL alum's cameo appearance is just icing on this bizarre zombie cake.
Teen, 14 years old Written byellie.me. July 11, 2012

My go-to horror-comedy

Zombieland is hilarious. The somewhat mismatched main cast makes for an extremely funny zombie-killing road trip. The central goal of one of the main characters is to find the world's last Twinkie so consumerism is blatant, though in the funniest way possible. A re-watchable film that manages to make you laugh and cringe (often at the same time) that's great to watch with a group of friends. A surprise cameo is the funny-highlight of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystvn8or July 6, 2012

E12+

Okay, this movie is an EXCELLENT horror movie because it has an unusually low amount of scariness compared to other horror movies. However, there is still PLENTY of violence and language, just like any other horror movie. In a nutshell, this is an unusually appropriate for a horror movie.
Parent Written bymommy2therescue May 26, 2012

good for kids

it is a great family horror movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bysensibledude123 April 28, 2012

Great hilarious comedy- horror mix!!!

I loved it!!, the humor and horror mix was definently a good idea. the movie flowed really well. Considering its a zombie movie, expect voilence and language, and crude humor. my advice, great for 14 and up!!! awesome!!
Kid, 6 years old March 23, 2012

Zombieland

I think this movies is a very good movie for people to see as long as they are an appropriate age (my age 12) ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Comedy full of laaughs and gore

Very violent, but done in a comedic manner. Language is strong but nothing worse than what is heard in school
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 January 24, 2012

Beginning is scary, but the rest of the film is over the top zombie violence

I actually did find the beginning scary, but the rest of the film was over the top zombie violence, although still wouldn't recommend watching it if squeamish.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Zombieland

good zombie intence movie, good plot!
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

zombieland awesome

Well this is a difficult one i mean the zombies are done awesome but the fact that zombies have taken over is a bit scary. if you have a weak stomach then do not watch. But its awesome the affects are great and makeup is great so if you like action and comedy then watch this cause there is a twiggy joke in it. The tough guy loves this surgery stick thing and during the movie is doing anything to get it. Like going in to a shop and searching a carnival, and looking in trucks to get one. Its a great laugh and if you have a dark sense of humor(like me) then anyone from 11 could really watch this. :) PLUS IN AUSTRALIA ITS MA!
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Gory, Bloody, and did I mention gory?

This movie abruptly starts off with a list of rules that any zombie survivalist should need whilst preparing for the ever so eminent zombie apocalypse. Though informative, these rules are one of the frequent gory scenes. Although this is a comedy, there are gory parts like a zombie getting it's face smushed to a bloody pulp by a sledgehammer, thousands of zombies getting shot, and people flailing out of car windows and landing on the ground with a nasty squishing sound as you see their guts laid out (in not too neat a fashion) on the zombie trodden ground. This movie has many sexual references, but not too many are extremely vulgar. There are many curse words, preferably uttered by the man with all the guns, Tallahasee. If you are comfortable with letting your teen or even preteen watch this, go ahead. It is my favorite movie though!