All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

hilarious with enough action too boot

this is a great movie top notch one worth watching.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 January 13, 2011

Good for almost all ages:)

Ahaha, hilarious!!! This movie was great. So funny. I mean, honestly: A girl and her sister, a guy that likes the older girl,and a dude named Tallahasee that loves twinkies. How can you not enjoy watching that? LOVED this movie. Whoever can't handle the gore in this... Sad... So, so sad...
Teen, 14 years old Written bySydIsBored January 5, 2011

Great movie.

This is a great movie. I love it because I am a huge fan of Horror and Comedy and in this movie both come together. The only things parents should be concerned about are: #1 A LOT OF SWEARING. #2 Very, very gory. The main characters bash zombies, and zombies literally have blood oozing out of their mouths (it is very gross) Overall, not too scary, but loads of laughs. A must see.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2010

Better for older teens not tweens

ZOMBIELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am watching it right now it's funny,little cursing,little gooryor bloody, little sexual talk nothing serious,fun experince. FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2010

AMAZING

This movie is hilarious! It has good role models, and an amazing story. So what if there's some gore, the blood is funny and obviously fake. There is some cursing, that some parents might not like their kids to hear, but otherwise, it's FANTASTIC! It would be a great Halloween flick!
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe green guy December 20, 2010

too much language and goe but awesome movie

love IT!!! totally hilarious especially at the end not at all boring im 13 and thought it was one of the funniest movies ever though its not for tghe younger kids its not scary at all but there was just a little 2 much vlanguange an gore but overall awesome movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byzombieassassin December 19, 2010

Good, but lots of langauge.

Dont take me wrong, its a great movie, but has alot of issues. It was actually my first rated-R movie(I saw it when I was 12) and I see why my parents dont like this stuff. The langauge was the worst part, they say the F-Word at least 10 times along with other crass langauge like b-stard, s--t, b-tch, and probably every word that means "crotch". The violence isnt super scary, but there is alot of shooting and blood. So there isnt really one age for this movie, but you need to know your kid.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2010

Cool.

It was pretty good, but not my favorite. There was a ton of cussing, they lay like 12 F-Bombs and they say the C-Word. It was also pretty violent, but I wasnt super bothered by it, probably because it was a comedy. Its still good though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn December 13, 2010

AWESOME movie! Hilarious, with a great story line, too. (:
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2010

Definately for 16+.

I got to admit, i enjoyed this film, with its funny humour, and the superb, edge-of-your-seat suspence. But unfortunately, even though the film's very good, it is also inapropiate. It has blood and gore from start to finish. There are shootings, with blood splattering out several times, and some pretty gruesome scenes, like on the road the is a zombie pulling somebody's guts and bones out of thier stomach, and eating it. There are bites from zombies as well. A women crashes her car and flying through the windscreen, landing in a pile if her own blood. The zombies themselves are pretty freaky, with horrible, evil faces, and blood always dripping from the mouth and flesh between their teeth. The language is bad as well, with lots of f**ks and m*****f**kers. There are b****hes, s**ts, and more. Two guys talk about the last time they had sex, and the main character also kisses another girl. Overall, a good movie, with hilarious humour, and good acting, but with lots and lots and lots (i'm going to stop but i could go on forever) of bloody violence and swearing. Thanks, and I hoped this review helped.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzombieland 117 November 20, 2010

perfect for all ages

Parent of a 11 year old Written byangelbaby323 November 16, 2010

Love this movie. It's not scary at all, very funny and Woody Harrelson is great. I let my 11 year old watch it and she loved it. This is the only zombie movie I'd let her watch because it's satirical and I knew she wouldn't get scared or take it seriously.
Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2010

zombieland review

Awesome this is one of my favorite movies. Some of the violence may be disturbing but is funny. They could have toned down the swears thogh
Parent Written bythepedens October 31, 2010

very gory, but mixed with humor so ironically softens the gore and language
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli October 30, 2010

Okay.

I do have to say, The zombies did scare me once in a while, what with coming out of nowhere and all. Other wise i liked it. (: made me laugh
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 October 25, 2010

Great Movie, But real Gory!

Great movie, just really gory. I say it should go for older teens. pretty funny move!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon September 20, 2010

Good for most teens, except sensitive/sheltered teens.

A fantastic movie! It's extremely violent, but it's not too serious and definitely not scary. Still not for pre-teens or sensitive teens. Language is something of a concern, but nothing too terrible. Sex is mostly not a concern, but there are references, and it is referred to bluntly using the f-word. Super entertaining, good for 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelreader46 September 11, 2010

awosome movie

Really violent and gory but fun and awosome story line
Parent Written byobnoxiousm September 6, 2010

Flippant, Dark, and Violent, but Kind of Clever

First off, if you think your young teens aren't going to see this, you are wrong. I had students writing about this movie in essays when I was student teaching. Is it neglectful parenting, or will finding a way? This movie has become a small part of teen culture and I think mature enough teens should be allowed to see it for that reason alone. Zombieland is a dark, flippant take on the notion of a zombie apocalypse. It concerns shut-in Columbus, who survived the Zombie Apocalypse by being a polite sort of heartless. He ends up teaming up with Tallahassee, wild man who takes pleasure in two things: killing zombies in the most violent way possible, and twinkies. Then they meet up with Wichita and Little Rock, who are trying to get to Pacific Playland, where they hear there are no zombies. For various reasons, these four survivors adventure through the landscape, swearing, committing some inappropriate acts of violence, and indulging in various chemicals as they go. The violence is almost all committed against zombies, but at least once an actual survivor is mistaken for a zombie and killed. His death is treated rather lightly. That, and the marijuana use, are really the most objectionable parts of the movie. One thing I like about the movie is its balanced look at consumerism. Brands and product placement are prominent, yes, but in some ways the movie is about life without a society that demands those brands. All these leftover consumer goods suddenly become useless except the ones that can be eaten and fresh food--even fresh processed food--is becoming a concern. The movie shows just how much we depend on consumer culture and has some plot twists that show just how dangerous pursuing those pleasures in light of more pressing concerns can be. I'm also impressed with how the movie redeems four characters who seem to have no interest in other people, weaving them into a strange little family united by grief and a will to survive. For a flippant black comedy, this movie has some great messages. I just wish they'd handle the impact of death a little better. And one last thing--aside from a few character's big mouths and the odd half-naked zombie, the sexual content here is relatively downplayed, and it is implied that Columbus wants a relationship more than sex but is so afraid of other people that he'll only pursue the latter. Given how many teen movies portray men as wanting nothing but sex, I think Columbus' attitudes are kind of refreshing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

extreme violent.extreme strong language.some drug use