All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Adult Written byShay Williams August 11, 2010

Hilariously twisted

Basically a zombie comedy with a love story twist, very good actors and its a hilariously twisted american favorite genre, typically i don't like zombie movies but the approach this movie makes to this genre is great. I would recommend everyone ages 13+ watch this at least once.
Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2010

I hven't cried this much sense Titanic- some charter...

It was....ok it did teach a life lesson not to leave anyone....left behind
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnie Rexia July 29, 2010

EPIC WIN

An epic awesome movie. Tons of violence and swearing, though it's nothing kids these days (including me) haven't heard. Well, actually, tons is an understatement. There's also a stripper zombie briefly shown in the intro, in case you're concerned. Tallahassee got his Twinkie in the end, by the way.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystuff July 29, 2010

funny

i love this movie its so funny the language is what makes it funny there is a 1 sec scence of a zombie half naked but 1 sec whos going to relly see that good the violence is ver blody but its cool
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2010

ZOM-BE-LAND (!you'll be suprised!)

Although this was a bloody horror comedy, i watched it and im a 12 year old boy. I handled it . It was bloody and maybe a few mini-jump scenes. The first time you watch it u might feel scared whether somethings gonna pop-up, but after you've watched it once, other than the blood , its not that bad. But it does swear here-and-there. The good thing is that beside the blood,horror,story-line, the makers fortunately made it funny, so funny that it makes u laugh and it gets a "Horror Comedy" . For me it was less horror, more comedy, yet blood .
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

Hi i am 11 and i havnt seen zombieland ive never watched a horror movie before would it be ok for me to watch ive seen the 'scary' clown on it i didnt find him that weird they look so fake.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychrisissocooldude July 16, 2010

extremely hilarious action packed, spine tingling, spectacular movie. Rated R for sequences of graphic violence and images, sexual content including references, sensuality, and brief drug use.
Written byAnonymous July 11, 2010

ON for 15+

What great one! Yes, it is violent, but rightfully so. It IS a zombie movie, but there is a lot of team-building themes within it as well. The raunch factor is surprisingly low, but the language and violence are considerably high. The dialogue is snappy, and constantly one-upping the previous line. Plus, the violence is very realistic and not overdone. In all, Zomieland should be considered a classic. 4 stars.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

Excellent zombie movie!

This was a hilarious movie, I almost turned into a zombie because I died laughing! Like any zombie movie, there is intense amounts of gore. Bad language and repeated use of the ''F'' word. Masturbation is mentioned once.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySamantha T July 6, 2010

My 11 year-old loved it, and so did I

My 11 year-old watched this movie before I did. She said she loved it and the special effects were great. She wasn't scared at any point of the movie. I watched it, and I don't think its really that scary. The zombies were slightly disturbing, but if you have a child who is OK with scary movies, this is great for them. The characters swore a lot, but I personally think most kids above the age of 10 can handle it. Yes, there were 2 kissing scenes, but nothing too bad. There was a lot of violence in this movie. Mostly guns. Over all, I loved this movie and so did my daughter.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2010

Gory yet funny movie for adults only

The violence in this movie is over the top. Zombie heads are bashed in and shot off. Bill Murray is accidentally shot in the chest. Zombies throw up blood and rip flesh off of human bodies. Zombies fall to the ground with a "splat", and a woman is tossed from a car and when she lands, blood spurts, splats, and squirts everywhere. There is a bloody zombie stripper, two brief kissing scenes, and some drinking.
Parent of a 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18 year old Written byMovieadviceguru July 4, 2010

Very Funny....Very Gory. Rated R For a Reason.

Very gory....Very funny. I loved this movie and laughed out loud. There is plenty of gore and violence, the whole movie if full of it. The entire movie characters are shooting zombies, gettin chased by zombies, or watching zombies eat other humans. Not for kids, but very, very, funny for adults. It was unquie and entertaining, and more of a comedy than a horror movie. Older Teens would be okay to watch, but younger kids wouldn't be able to handle the gore. Sex/Nudity isn't an issue, strong language is used throughout the film, and there is plenty of drinking. The zombies are fairly disturbing images half the time. But this movie is very, very funny.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Great for horror movie lovers and teens.

I LOVED the movie. But the f word was used alot.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byworriedChristia... June 10, 2010

A fun movie perfect for 12+

I was worried about this movie before I let my kids see it. I thought it would scare them to death. I was WRONG!! This movie had a few curse words ( the F word was used about 4 times if I counted correctly ) There was a half naked zombie seen at the very beginning of the movie ( some people thought she was naked but she was not ) The violence had a... almost fun feel to it. If your kid can handle most PG-13 suspence movies, they can handle this. Sexual contient is of no worries in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 8, 2010

amazing, hilarious, creative zombie comedy. it definitely deserves its rated r for brutal violence, gory scenes.\, sexual references, language, and brief drug use.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010

For kids? NO WAY.

I, unlike most reviewers on this page, did not find Zombieland to be that great. The only part I really liked was when they met the 'famous actor' and this person ends up dead, oops sorry :). I thought the gross-out humor goriness was almost disturbing. The F word is used frequently, and most of the movie is spent in search of a twinkie. A TWINKIE! Also, skip the opening credits, they aren't worth the stomach ache.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2010

my favorite movie

i love zombieland!
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2010

Perfect for teenagers who are horror fans, not for the faint of heart.

I walked into this movie expecting much less than the gore they portrayed in this movie. They're not afraid to show gore or intestines or arteries being devoured out of people sadistically, and it can be just horrifying to watch at times. Many jump scares. Lots of bad language almost constantly, if you are mature and can handle this type of stuff, go see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycregdotmulve May 3, 2010

Lowest age is 11, still depending on the kid.

I'm 13 and I saw it when I was 11. My dad took me and my brother to see it in theaters and we enjoyed it. I bought it on itunes about a month ago and found it is a good movie on the road if you have a ipod. There was gore and language but nothing really bad. Of course if you are an immature, faint at heart twelve year old then forget it. Other then gore and a few F-Bombs, this movie has a positive mesage in friendship and family.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 April 24, 2010