Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

Excellent zombie movie!

This was a hilarious movie, I almost turned into a zombie because I died laughing! Like any zombie movie, there is intense amounts of gore. Bad language and repeated use of the ''F'' word. Masturbation is mentioned once.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySamantha T July 6, 2010

My 11 year-old loved it, and so did I

My 11 year-old watched this movie before I did. She said she loved it and the special effects were great. She wasn't scared at any point of the movie. I watched it, and I don't think its really that scary. The zombies were slightly disturbing, but if you have a child who is OK with scary movies, this is great for them. The characters swore a lot, but I personally think most kids above the age of 10 can handle it. Yes, there were 2 kissing scenes, but nothing too bad. There was a lot of violence in this movie. Mostly guns. Over all, I loved this movie and so did my daughter.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2010

Gory yet funny movie for adults only

The violence in this movie is over the top. Zombie heads are bashed in and shot off. Bill Murray is accidentally shot in the chest. Zombies throw up blood and rip flesh off of human bodies. Zombies fall to the ground with a "splat", and a woman is tossed from a car and when she lands, blood spurts, splats, and squirts everywhere. There is a bloody zombie stripper, two brief kissing scenes, and some drinking.
Parent of a 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18+ year old Written byMovieadviceguru July 4, 2010

Very Funny....Very Gory. Rated R For a Reason.

Very gory....Very funny. I loved this movie and laughed out loud. There is plenty of gore and violence, the whole movie if full of it. The entire movie characters are shooting zombies, gettin chased by zombies, or watching zombies eat other humans. Not for kids, but very, very, funny for adults. It was unquie and entertaining, and more of a comedy than a horror movie. Older Teens would be okay to watch, but younger kids wouldn't be able to handle the gore. Sex/Nudity isn't an issue, strong language is used throughout the film, and there is plenty of drinking. The zombies are fairly disturbing images half the time. But this movie is very, very funny.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Great for horror movie lovers and teens.

I LOVED the movie. But the f word was used alot.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byworriedChristia... June 10, 2010

A fun movie perfect for 12+

I was worried about this movie before I let my kids see it. I thought it would scare them to death. I was WRONG!! This movie had a few curse words ( the F word was used about 4 times if I counted correctly ) There was a half naked zombie seen at the very beginning of the movie ( some people thought she was naked but she was not ) The violence had a... almost fun feel to it. If your kid can handle most PG-13 suspence movies, they can handle this. Sexual contient is of no worries in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 8, 2010
amazing, hilarious, creative zombie comedy. it definitely deserves its rated r for brutal violence, gory scenes.\, sexual references, language, and brief drug use.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010

For kids? NO WAY.

I, unlike most reviewers on this page, did not find Zombieland to be that great. The only part I really liked was when they met the 'famous actor' and this person ends up dead, oops sorry :). I thought the gross-out humor goriness was almost disturbing. The F word is used frequently, and most of the movie is spent in search of a twinkie. A TWINKIE! Also, skip the opening credits, they aren't worth the stomach ache.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2010

my favorite movie

i love zombieland!
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2010

Perfect for teenagers who are horror fans, not for the faint of heart.

I walked into this movie expecting much less than the gore they portrayed in this movie. They're not afraid to show gore or intestines or arteries being devoured out of people sadistically, and it can be just horrifying to watch at times. Many jump scares. Lots of bad language almost constantly, if you are mature and can handle this type of stuff, go see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycregdotmulve May 3, 2010

Lowest age is 11, still depending on the kid.

I'm 13 and I saw it when I was 11. My dad took me and my brother to see it in theaters and we enjoyed it. I bought it on itunes about a month ago and found it is a good movie on the road if you have a ipod. There was gore and language but nothing really bad. Of course if you are an immature, faint at heart twelve year old then forget it. Other then gore and a few F-Bombs, this movie has a positive mesage in friendship and family.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 April 24, 2010

funny

VERY FUNNY!
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2010
This film is rooted in reality in the way that the humans supposedly turned into zombies from a really bad infection of Mad Cow disease. I don't have any concerns with this film. Yes, it is very, very gory, but it is done in a very unrealistic way. I don't get why product placement is such a big deal because films never ever make me want to go and buy something unless I already like the product. That cbeing said, the main story line involves the hunt for the final Twinkie in the universe. Sex is not an issue in this film. There is a zombie stripper at one point, with pasties and thongs, but nothing too bad. What is the problem with kissing? That's the closest they get to having any sort of intimacy on screen. A lie surfaces when Columbus and Talahassee first meet: Columbus suupposedly 'made love in the back of an abandoned Fed-Ex truck'. Bad language is very frequent in this film, but the words are not all that bad. If you are religious, there is a lot of blasphemine in this film which will put you off viewing it. I myself am a 12, soon to be 13 year old girl, but this is already my favourite film, and I have watched it 5 times already. If you like Shaun Of The Dead, you have to watch this! If you haven't seen Shaun Of The Dead but love this, you have to see SOTD!
Educator Written bytennisguy1847 April 4, 2010

a great movie but not for kids under 13

This movie was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It was funny, exciting, and all around awesome. It was Gory and violent but don't let that turn you off it was a great movie
Adult Written byAnnoyedteenguy April 3, 2010

Funny, Freaky, and overall exciting.

Even though this movie has a mix of all of the "Concerns", this is a funny movie, but for 16 and Up. It is violent, vulgar, and Sexual but if you can handle it, definately watch it. I seriously could not keep up with the amount of "twinkie"s they said.
Adult Written byMariella March 16, 2010

I lost count of how many times they said Twinkie

This is a campy zombie film with lots of the over the top violence that teens and adults will LOVE. There are some startling moments when zombies pop out of nowhere but after the first few, you get over it and end cracking up when it happens later in the film. I think teens and adults with a goofy sense of humor will get the most out of this movie. However, if your teen gets scared easily, I'd pass on this one till they're a bit older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed March 12, 2010

Funny Horror Film

I've never been much of a horror-comedy fan. It's not that I've thought they were all that bad, I just found most of them more scary than funny. This one, however, I am happy to say, delivers. It's very funny. One or two parts just had me in stitches they were so hilarious. However, that said, there's a lot of content here that parents might be worried about. The violence is the most obvious one. The first ten minutes are gorier than the rest of the film, because they show zombies taring chunks of flesh from people in various places. There's a lot of gunplay, and there are some squibs used, so it looks like blood is flying everywhere. Also, the zombies' make up itself makes them look frightening, most have blood on their mouth and whatnot. The sex is limited to a zombie stripper running down the street in hopes of eating her clientele. This is done mostly for comedic effect and it is actually a lot more funny in the film than it sounds on paper. There's also a few sex references, but none of those are really all that bad. The language is about average for an R rated feature. About a dozen f-words, as well as other, milder swear words. There's also another thing that they didn't have a "concern" descriptor for that makes this film less appropriate for children. There's this eerie feeling throughout the film that what is happening in the film is not only completely plausible (which, obviously it isn't), but also imminent. I think its the realistic-sounding story about a mutation of mad cow disease that makes it seem so frightening and will have you looking over your shoulder when you hear a noise, as well as looking at whoever you're watching the movie and thinking "What if they're already infected..." All in all, I say this is okay for fourteen year old horror movie fans and sixteen year olds otherwise.
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2010

Perfect comedy for mature Tweens and up.

I just watched this on my iPod, and I thought it was fine for mature teens, and it's not scary at all, just gory. That's the only thing is that it's gory and there's sone language but overall it was a low rated R.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 5, 2010

Not for anyone under 16.

I think I'll like to watch this movie when I'm older, but it's definitely not age appropriate for me. I watched the trailer and it was a kind of scary, but I could tell that it was meant to be more funny than scary. The frightening images include scary zombies come flying out of nowhere ambushing people, or people being chased by zombies. I think mature teenagers would enjoy this movie, though.
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2010

not so much horror as comday

this move is not some much horror as comedy teens will love and mature 12 year olds will to great movie. i loved every second of it and it is a great movie if you have teens