All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycregdotmulve May 3, 2010

Lowest age is 11, still depending on the kid.

I'm 13 and I saw it when I was 11. My dad took me and my brother to see it in theaters and we enjoyed it. I bought it on itunes about a month ago and found it is a good movie on the road if you have a ipod. There was gore and language but nothing really bad. Of course if you are an immature, faint at heart twelve year old then forget it. Other then gore and a few F-Bombs, this movie has a positive mesage in friendship and family.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 April 24, 2010

funny

VERY FUNNY!
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2010

This film is rooted in reality in the way that the humans supposedly turned into zombies from a really bad infection of Mad Cow disease. I don't have any concerns with this film. Yes, it is very, very gory, but it is done in a very unrealistic way. I don't get why product placement is such a big deal because films never ever make me want to go and buy something unless I already like the product. That cbeing said, the main story line involves the hunt for the final Twinkie in the universe. Sex is not an issue in this film. There is a zombie stripper at one point, with pasties and thongs, but nothing too bad. What is the problem with kissing? That's the closest they get to having any sort of intimacy on screen. A lie surfaces when Columbus and Talahassee first meet: Columbus suupposedly 'made love in the back of an abandoned Fed-Ex truck'. Bad language is very frequent in this film, but the words are not all that bad. If you are religious, there is a lot of blasphemine in this film which will put you off viewing it. I myself am a 12, soon to be 13 year old girl, but this is already my favourite film, and I have watched it 5 times already. If you like Shaun Of The Dead, you have to watch this! If you haven't seen Shaun Of The Dead but love this, you have to see SOTD!
Educator Written bytennisguy1847 April 4, 2010

a great movie but not for kids under 13

This movie was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It was funny, exciting, and all around awesome. It was Gory and violent but don't let that turn you off it was a great movie
Adult Written byAnnoyedteenguy April 3, 2010

Funny, Freaky, and overall exciting.

Even though this movie has a mix of all of the "Concerns", this is a funny movie, but for 16 and Up. It is violent, vulgar, and Sexual but if you can handle it, definately watch it. I seriously could not keep up with the amount of "twinkie"s they said.
Adult Written byMariella March 16, 2010

I lost count of how many times they said Twinkie

This is a campy zombie film with lots of the over the top violence that teens and adults will LOVE. There are some startling moments when zombies pop out of nowhere but after the first few, you get over it and end cracking up when it happens later in the film. I think teens and adults with a goofy sense of humor will get the most out of this movie. However, if your teen gets scared easily, I'd pass on this one till they're a bit older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed March 12, 2010

Funny Horror Film

I've never been much of a horror-comedy fan. It's not that I've thought they were all that bad, I just found most of them more scary than funny. This one, however, I am happy to say, delivers. It's very funny. One or two parts just had me in stitches they were so hilarious. However, that said, there's a lot of content here that parents might be worried about. The violence is the most obvious one. The first ten minutes are gorier than the rest of the film, because they show zombies taring chunks of flesh from people in various places. There's a lot of gunplay, and there are some squibs used, so it looks like blood is flying everywhere. Also, the zombies' make up itself makes them look frightening, most have blood on their mouth and whatnot. The sex is limited to a zombie stripper running down the street in hopes of eating her clientele. This is done mostly for comedic effect and it is actually a lot more funny in the film than it sounds on paper. There's also a few sex references, but none of those are really all that bad. The language is about average for an R rated feature. About a dozen f-words, as well as other, milder swear words. There's also another thing that they didn't have a "concern" descriptor for that makes this film less appropriate for children. There's this eerie feeling throughout the film that what is happening in the film is not only completely plausible (which, obviously it isn't), but also imminent. I think its the realistic-sounding story about a mutation of mad cow disease that makes it seem so frightening and will have you looking over your shoulder when you hear a noise, as well as looking at whoever you're watching the movie and thinking "What if they're already infected..." All in all, I say this is okay for fourteen year old horror movie fans and sixteen year olds otherwise.
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2010

Perfect comedy for mature Tweens and up.

I just watched this on my iPod, and I thought it was fine for mature teens, and it's not scary at all, just gory. That's the only thing is that it's gory and there's sone language but overall it was a low rated R.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 5, 2010

Not for anyone under 16.

I think I'll like to watch this movie when I'm older, but it's definitely not age appropriate for me. I watched the trailer and it was a kind of scary, but I could tell that it was meant to be more funny than scary. The frightening images include scary zombies come flying out of nowhere ambushing people, or people being chased by zombies. I think mature teenagers would enjoy this movie, though.
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2010

not so much horror as comday

this move is not some much horror as comedy teens will love and mature 12 year olds will to great movie. i loved every second of it and it is a great movie if you have teens
Adult Written byliveandlaugh March 3, 2010

Very funny movie and it has a good positive message and great rules to follow for a zombie invasion.
Adult Written byTy3401 March 3, 2010

This movie kept me and my wife entertained and laughing throughout it's duration. It was obviously a comedy with gore and violence, however, for an adult it wasn't scary at all. It has one short nude scene in the begining credits. So if you don't want nudity in the home just skip the credits in the begining and you won't hardly have any sexual content for the rest of the movie.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

Love it!!! ok for 11-12

Love it!!!! Just saw it yesterday and I'm 12 so I rate it 11-12
Parent of a 6 year old Written bythatgirlsmom February 21, 2010

Surprisingly funny movie

It is hilarious. I totally expected to hate it, but I laughed through the whole movie. If my child were around 13ish I'd let her see. It's not scary it's funny and totally non realistic. I think some kids even younger would be ok 11, 12. Too much blood and bad language for the elementary age.
Kid, 0 years old February 21, 2010

NOT INNOPROPRIATE

It is really not bad AT ALL. They say the F-bomb sometimes, but not constant. It is kind of gory, especially one time a clowns head gets smashed... You tell me if your kids can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2010

Perfect for older & teens but not in kids

I Love this Movie! This is the most funny zombie movie that i ever watch in my whole life. It has also positive messages not only negative because of it's violence, no. It is how we interact or socialize with other people & trust each other as "Friends"
Teen, 17 years old Written bykatamaris4ever February 16, 2010

Granted, any movie with zombies is bound to have scenes of intense violence/gore. However, this movie just ups the gore factor tenfold. Fortunately, it is somewhat tasteful (unlike movies like Saw and Friday the 13th) and is funny. However, if you're not into these types of movies, I advise you to stay away.
Teen, 15 years old Written byspickolick February 15, 2010

Funnier then I thought it would be, also gorier.
Adult Written byoddchance February 14, 2010

a dazzling brilliant review

There is no more gore than one would find in "The Sound Of Music"...if the "Sound Of Music" featured masses of shambling cannibalistic Austrian zombies. I thought this was a fun little movie. The gore and violence is over the top and tongue in cheek....it certainly doesn't have the sinister impact a that a reality influence movie would provide.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2010

Great Movie, Not Good For Immature Teens

I loved this movie. It was very funny, and it shows how they work together to fight off the zombies. The language is bad but 12+ have heard it...