All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2010

its not that good
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 January 16, 2010

A great, funny movie.

I saw this the weekend it came out in theaters, and in the tradition of "Shaun of the Dead" this film keeps the zombie/comedy hybrid genre alive. Very fun move.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovie buff 24 January 15, 2010

This is a great movie!!! I rated it for kids 13 + but its the parents choice the only reason i rated that low is because me and my little bro who is 13 went with are dad and watched it, it may be a little scary and gory for little kids but great for teens!!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byHatondog January 7, 2010

Teenage boys would love it.

I had doubts about this movie, as I don't see much value in any horror movies. But we were stuck in a hotel room and this was the only movie we hadn't seen, so...I needn't have worried. The zombies and violence wreaked on them was so cartoonish that only the most squeamish or immature kid would take it seriously. Think "Thriller", but with less believable zombies, and blood less realistic than you'd find in a Halloween costume store. Woody Harrelson did his usual funny psychotic thing, and the rest was a mishmash of teenage coming of age stuff, done lite. Not great, not bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L December 5, 2009

Wonderfully funny movie-

I thought this movie was very enjoyable. While not at all scary, it was very funny and entertaining. The characters were also surprisingly likable too. It was definitely one of the best movies to come out this year, at least in my opinion. I also really liked the little bit with Bill Murray in it, since I'm a fan of him. =3
Parent of a 14 year old Written bySonja2 December 4, 2009

Iffy for 13-14 olds. Spot on for MATURED 15+

HIlarious movie, filled with constant laughs, but this movie is rampant with violence all over. There is language that is not needed to be used, and again the violence. The use of language such as 'I would soo hit that', is definitely not necessary and will probably turn some viewers off to this movie. The movie portrays a good feeling and doesn't give an ominous feeling unlike most movies like this. Zombieland is much more laid back than other movies.
Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Zombieland: Bloody good.

Absolutly hilarious movie. Woody Harrleson never seizes to amaze me. When I first watched the movie I was expecting it to be another crappy poorly directed movie, but I was happy to see that the acting was well portrayed and the humor just kept on coming.
Adult Written bymandicruz88 November 30, 2009

okay for teens, not for younger kids

I thought this film was very interesting. It showed how our culture has desensitized itself from scenes of violence and gore. We now even feel that it's funny! When I viewed the film, I thought that I would not enjoy it because I HATE gore, but to my surprise, I found myself actually laughing. I am disgusted at this because I want to know what's next. If we become so bored with gore that we can watch movies like this and laugh, what will be the next form of entertainment to fulfill that morbid curiosity that this country's media now has? Also, I was amazed to see several families bring their babies and young children into the movie theater. Hello! Get a babysitter!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymjetter432 November 25, 2009

Mild 'R' Rating

This was a very mild 'R' rating and probably got it from one scene where marijuana is smoked. Other than that is an original comedy and when I thought this would be a cliche ridden movie it corrected me again! This movie was hilarious and well done! With the rules and as they flashed across the screen, typical teenager love story. Great movie!
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written byRachelKoch November 15, 2009

Decide for your self

I went to see this with my 12 year old nephew and he laughed the whole way thru it. I would have taken my 9 year old son but he was with his father. There are alot more scary things out there then zombies. I don't think rating should be done by age it should be up to the parents and kids. I watch all kinds of horror movies with my parents starting at 3 alot of parents did and we turned out just fine. I really don't think we should leave it up to a bunch of strangers to tell us what our kids can or can't watch.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byatomicpunk523698741 November 11, 2009

it does have sexual conversations. Drugs as in wine alchol smoking weed out of a bong
Teen, 13 years old Written byDucklord444 November 10, 2009

I'm not a zombie, this is just my morning face

the point is, once again, do you think your kids can handle it? or do you think every morning when your droopy and getting up to get some coffee your son/daughter thinks your a zombie and will shoot you. So its on you. As for the "i gave my kid a shotgun just in case" guy, i really hope you were being sarcastic and your not just a looney bird.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy November 9, 2009

Great Movie!

This was an AWESOME movie! I am 13 and I went and saw it with my friends. We all loved it. It was very violent and gory, but extremely funny at the same time. Also there were several uses of F***. But nothing most teens can't handle.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 November 7, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byJbjbjb November 7, 2009

Perfect for 13 year olds to see with adults

I am 13 and my dad had no idea that this movie was rated R. We got in it had some swearing and gore and violence. When we got out my dad didn't say anything he still thought it was PG 13 so when I told him he was shocked and a bit mad but it was really funny and not to inamprpriate.
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2009

loved it

Ha Ha Ha. not scary
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 October 26, 2009

Gory Zombie Film that will leave you laughing hysterically!!!

Zombieland is supposed to be a horror film but it is mean't to be a comedy. It was gory but it has a good storyline and it was a fantastic film. this was the first zombie film iv'e ever watched. this movie maybe a nightmare inducer for some children. Parents are advised to know your teen well before you see this film. Overall this film is a gory but hilarious take on zombies. Welcome to Zombieland!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byshooter guru October 24, 2009

the teen comedy of the year!

This movie is amazing! Most teenagers should be able to see this movie and by the way it is fairly violent but if you let your teen play M rated games than this shouldn't be much of a difference.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRibear4life October 23, 2009

Funny movie!

Hilarious, but surprisingly not alot of sex
Parent of a 14 year old Written byFatherOfOne October 20, 2009

Fantastic film, will alert children to danger of zombies

Zombieland takes the very real zombie threat and manages to make it into a comedy not quite so different from the British effort Shaun of the Dead. It's hilarious and violent, yet educational, as it shows kids that zombies are also dangerous. I teach my thirteen-year old son to always be prepared, and as such, I have given him a shotgun and a plan.