All member reviews for Zombieland

Horror-comedy hybrid is gory, crude ... and not for kids.

Adult Written byBBQ1113 July 13, 2010
Cool movie, I saw it when having lunch. Not so disgusting, instead, the black humor interests me very much.
Adult Written byMovie Man October 3, 2009

Horiffically Hilarious! Fun, Funny, and Scary!

This is a great, original comedy. It made me laugh out-loud many times. But it was VERY scary with lots of zombie violence and gore, the type you'd see in 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead. If you've seen Shaun of the Dead you'll get an idea of what this is like: hilarious, but scary and graphically gory. PARENTS: kids will be freaked out by some jump scenes and a zombie clown (I'm not even afriad of clowns and it scared the crud out of me)! Very gory, almost gruesomely so, but very funny. If you can handle lots of graphic gore and a zombie clown (who doesn't show up for very long; only one scene, but it's freaky), then you should enjoy this awesome comedy. Thanks for reading - Movie Man.
Adult Written byCommanderC October 15, 2009

Violent, But Funny

This is a know your kids situation. Yes, it is a bit violent and gory, but it is counterbalanced by its hilarity. Personally, I loved it, but this is not a movie that you can take your kids along to if you can't find a babysitter.
Adult Written byQ81 October 12, 2009

Good, but maturity required.

As you will probably pick up from other reviews, this movie is more of a comedy than anything else. Bottom line, I loved it. Going in I didn't think I would, but I was pleasently surprised. Violence and language are obious concerns in this movie, but in comparison to similar movies, this one is surprisingly tame. Sexual hints and coments are made periodicly throughout, mostly with the humor, and are generaly mild. The only major concern is in the opening sequnce as a topless female zombie chases after her soon-to-be lunch. Aparenly her nipples are covered (I didn't look long enough to tell for sure) but for me, it was more than I wanted to see (especially bowncing in slow motion). It lasts for about ten to twenty seconds, and is part of the opening credits, so you won't miss anything important by simply averting your eyes. The product placement is overt and over the top, but to the point that the movie is making fun of the practice. However, I did feel like finding a twinkie after the movie, so maybe it worked. Anyway, I think the movie does have some positive messages about life dispite all of the rediculousness. One of my favorites was to "Take time to appreciate the small joys in life." All in all, it was a movie I will recomend to my friends and family, but there is a degree of maturity needed to handle some of the material. Solid 4 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written by9002 July 23, 2010
Zombieland is probably my favorite movie of all time. Some of it was kind of scary, but most of the scary parts were more surprising than scary (ie: a zombie jumping out from nowhere). Overall, due to the graphic zombie violence, I rate this movie iffy for ages 15-17. Detailed review: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Violence (5/5): Most of the extremely graphic violence is at the beginning, featuring lovely sights such as bone breaking and popping out of skin, and zombies devouring human flesh. I think the most graphic scene would be when a zombie is shown eating a dead human: you see the zombie eating the intestines, and later pulling a bone out of the body, snapping it in half, and drinking the marrow. Much of the violence is sort of from a distance (you see blood splatter but not much gore), and some of the violence happens off-screen. This movie is definitely not for little kids, since we don't want them to get desensitized, but I'm 13 and I watched this movie with no problem. However, due to the excessive violence, I wouldn't recommend it to most people under 15. Also, don't watch if you're squeamish about movie gore. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sex (2/5): A stripper zombie is briefly seen in the opening credits with pasties on her nipples. A man and a woman kiss. Some references to sex. However, there is very little sexual content (and no actual sex), especially for an R rated comedy movie. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Language (4/5): The language isn't constant, but there are frequent uses of f*** (some with mother-, some with spit-), some uses of s**t, and also some milder profanity such as b***h, a**, etc. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Consumerism (3/5): Some brand names are referenced... but I don't even get was consumerism has to do with whether or not something is appropriate for kids. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Drugs, Drinking, & Smoking (3/5): Some alchohal consumption. In one scene, characters are briefly scene smoking marijuana from a hookah. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Zombieland was rated R for horror violence/gore and language. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teen, 15 years old Written byChambear November 26, 2009

THE zombie spoof.

This is the funniest zombie spoof ever created. It is all about a cautious, Michael Cera type young adult named Columbus who meets the tough, southern attitude Tallahassee, and they meet two con sisters named Wichita and Little Rock, and their adventures together and seperated. Though this does front fairly frequent f-bombs, graphic violence (fake though), and some brief drug use, it is really a funny, clever, original comedy that musn't be missed!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity October 4, 2009

Like zombies? Then this is one trip you (and your teens) don't wanna miss

This film is comic gold. Zombieland is basically a post-apocalyptic zombie-fighting comedy road movie. You'll be scared in some parts, while in others you'll wet your pants laughing. From the opening scene, when Jesse Eisenberg's character lists rules to survive the zombie apocalypse, to a hilarious brawl in a grocery store (Tallahassee just wants some Twinkies, but gets his Caddy and weapons stolen by 2 chicks who later team up with the other guys), to an epic celebrity cameo (I can't spoil it for you), Zombieland delivers. However, I can't recommend this film to anyone under 14. Yes, this is a pretty gory film, and zombies are usually seen bleeding from their mouths, eating human flesh, and basically acting like zombies. Also, there are many inventive zombie kills. Guns are the weapon of choice, but bats, knives, amusement park rides, fire, and cars (you know, the usual stuff) are used to kill zombies as well. And yet, all the violence looks very cartoonish, and the comedy lessens the impact of the violence, as in similar films like Severance, Drag Me To Hell, and Shaun of the Dead. Language is pretty rough, at 32 f-bombs, but it's not as bad as other R-rated fare. There's also a bit of sexual content in the beginning, when a topless zombie stripper (with pasties covering her breasts) is seen. Finally, there's a scene of 2 of the main characters and the celebrity guest smoking pot from a hookah. However, both of these scenes are brief and add to the comedy. Overall, if you want some comedy and lots of zombies with your horror (I know a lot of people do), then get a one-way ticket to Zombieland. Note, however, that you should be over 13.
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2016

Crude but funny horror/comedy is gory fun for teens

To be honest, Zombieland's R-rating is slightly inaccurate; yes, language is frequent, yes, there are some innuendos, and yes, the violence is pretty gruesome, but overall it's fine for mature teenagers--and even tweens. Having that said, Zombieland features some pretty bloody content; lots of it is unrealistic and played for laughs, and the most gruesome moments are implied rather than shown, but there are still various stabbings, gunshots, dismemberments etc. A boy's throat is briefly seen ripped open and then feasted on from afar by a zombie, and shots to the head and explosions are commonplace. There's also some pretty frequent language--most frequently (and nonchalantly) "d-mn," "h-ll," "b--tard," and "b--ch." There are also sporadic instances of "s--t," as well as "f--k," and a usage of "c--kblocker." Middle finger gestures are also included. Innuendo is limited to mild references (i.e. "getting to second base") and the usual unrealistic Hollywood romance and relationship stereotypes. Characters also drink and in one scene smoke marijuana from a hookah. TheProBros thinks that, despite sporadic strong language and occasional gore, Zombieland is fine for teenagers and mature preteens.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2011

Zombieland is awesome I cant wait for zombieland 2

This movie is good, funny and violent. This movie is about a teenage who is called columbus ohio tries to get back to his family while zombies are getting in his way he meets a guy named tallahassee who loves to eat twinkies and kill zombies. This movie is good it is not scary ecept for one part when hes in his college dorm and a hot girl turns into a zombie. This movie is for kids over 10 yrs old the only thing that an issue is language and violence so parents let your kids see this movie. MPAA rating: R for strong bloody violence/gore,some frightening images and language
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2010

awesome movie

halirious movie!!!! the gore is over the top horror violence such as... zombies bite into people you can see lots of blood and other stuff. a zombie has its leg broken you can see the bone. zombie are shot some not bloody proberly the most graphic is when a zombie is shot in the head with a shot gun. the f-word is said at least 10 times along with the b-word said around 4 times and i think theres a few s-words in there. some sexual jokes and refrences. this moive is not for those that get put off of gore,bad language and those that get scared of zombies(the zombies are quit scary looking). i haven't seen a lot of horror movies but this has to be the best!! looking very forward to zombieland 2!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009
THIS IS THE BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!! FUNNY AND SCARY!!! BUT DW BOUT THE VIOLENCE. THERE ISNT THAT MUCH! 13+
Adult Written bymandicruz88 November 30, 2009

okay for teens, not for younger kids

I thought this film was very interesting. It showed how our culture has desensitized itself from scenes of violence and gore. We now even feel that it's funny! When I viewed the film, I thought that I would not enjoy it because I HATE gore, but to my surprise, I found myself actually laughing. I am disgusted at this because I want to know what's next. If we become so bored with gore that we can watch movies like this and laugh, what will be the next form of entertainment to fulfill that morbid curiosity that this country's media now has? Also, I was amazed to see several families bring their babies and young children into the movie theater. Hello! Get a babysitter!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 July 12, 2015

Hilarious Zombie Comedy. Not for the faint of heart

As you may expect, this movie is very gory/violent and contains frequent strong language, but be honest if you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse wouldn't you be swearing in panic
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome August 12, 2013

awesome

An awesome Jesse and Woody and Emma movie. Gore:eh mild lots of blood. Language:strong f word. Drinkin drugs and smoking: two scenes of alchol and one scene of weed being smoked from a hookah. Good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byKlyons14 December 29, 2011

Good Pick For Majority Of Teens

This movie isn't all its cracked up to be (innapropriate wise). It does have fairly frequent swearing, but thats our biggest problem there. The only other problems there is a scene including smoking a bong (for less than a minute), and violence wise its is gory, but it dosent have bad intentions. Its not killing other people, its zombies. Less violent than call of duty. Good pick for majority of teens.
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2011

Zombieland 101

Zombieland is a VERY VIOLENT, VERY LANGUAGEY movie! I rlly liked the movie, but the language was rlly bad. Many uses of the f-word and the s-word. At one point, a man signs the f-word with his hand. ( funny for older ppl ) I found many parts disturbing! Shooting, gore, zombies throwing up mucus, zombies eating a guys insides, ( btw, arent's zombies supposed to eat ur brains? ) and much more. I know this is not a movie that most kids my age r watching, but I rlly liked this movie and it would probably be okay for 12+. Thx for reading! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

Appropriate for 10 and up

HILARIOUS movie so what it says the f-word 28 times like kids dont hear that already
Adult Written byShay Williams August 11, 2010

Hilariously twisted

Basically a zombie comedy with a love story twist, very good actors and its a hilariously twisted american favorite genre, typically i don't like zombie movies but the approach this movie makes to this genre is great. I would recommend everyone ages 13+ watch this at least once.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byHatondog January 7, 2010

Teenage boys would love it.

I had doubts about this movie, as I don't see much value in any horror movies. But we were stuck in a hotel room and this was the only movie we hadn't seen, so...I needn't have worried. The zombies and violence wreaked on them was so cartoonish that only the most squeamish or immature kid would take it seriously. Think "Thriller", but with less believable zombies, and blood less realistic than you'd find in a Halloween costume store. Woody Harrelson did his usual funny psychotic thing, and the rest was a mishmash of teenage coming of age stuff, done lite. Not great, not bad.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2016

HAHAHAHA

This movie is so bad its good lots of swearing TOO much violence but a good film also nearing the end a zombie clown is at a carnival COVER YOUR EYES IT IS THE MOST GRUESOME THING EVER!!!!!!