All member reviews for Zookeeper

Pointless comedy is a waste of a talented comedic cast.

Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2011

Oigh...

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for brainless comedy. It's what I do. But there's no need to push the stupidity further then it needs to go (Right. Because everyone takes a Gorilla to TGI Fridays. What are you saying? This is actually weird?! No. Way.)... Another thing I was shocked about was the use of language (no sweetie, lions don't cuss). and since when does a full grown man take "mating advice" from a pack of wolves (really the whole "marking your territory" by peeing in a plastic plant in a restaurant stunt made him so much more attractive)? By about the middle of the movie I just got fed up and checked my email (And yes, I did ask my mom if it was over yet) and apparently I wasn't the only one with the same idea because some kids a few rows behind us started playing their Nintendo! Hint hint media industry. This was an unnecessary-swearing-terrible-reincarnation-of-night-at-the-museum-don't-take-advice-from-wild-animals-safety-warning epic fail. As the only half decent line in the entire movie goes "It's going to be hard to un-see that." Amen.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaw2 July 14, 2011

Zookeeper is not all that bad.

Although this movie is alot of what has been stated above. It is nice to go see a movie that I think is just relaxing. A clam movie compared to the violet movies that are out today. It is rather harmless, in words and deeds. The animal portrayal of behavior sets them apart from humans.Showing that people sometimes make dumb mistakes but can learn from those mistakes and come to understand more about themselves and their relationships with others. Altough the zookeeper is an animal advocate, and cares about others beside himself, he realizes he is a human and they are animals after all. It is also typical, I am sorry to say, of the attitudes of some in the world today toward those who are attractive and capable of working hard at what they enjoy. There are also some in this world that are typically wealthy lazy people that glut them selves on the riches and finer things of life, as they believe, not having a clue about how the poor middle class actually have to work for a livng. Over all there were some slower parts of the movie and some silliness that many of us can actually relate to. I really though it was a good clean movie and had a lot of posatives come from it. I would not be afraid to take my younger childlren to see it. However it would not appeal to those below the age of about 9. I think more movies of this type need to be produced. Clean, Family viewing with positive messages, with no cursing, and none of the extreme vilence of the movies today. Violence is becoming more and more viewed as the norm and I can see many ramafications that are coming from that in this world today. The violence and acutlism is so prevelant today in the movies and that is exactly what we are reeping the benefits of in our court rooms today.
Adult Written byhoffmans71 July 8, 2011

OK But Not For Kids

Then is way too much adult content, grown man relieving himself, one man digging into another's front pocket for keys only to be told begrudgingly that they are in the other pocket.. The animals were funny for the most part.
Parent Written byacox1976 October 22, 2011

Good, wholesome family movie...not sure why it's getting low ratings in the other reviews!

Totally disagree with commonsensemedia.org review: "Pointless comedy is a waste of a talented comedic cast." I liked this movie, and so did my kids & husband -- we watched it with my sons, age 12 & 16. This movie actually entertained my 16 year old and he doesn't usually sit through a whole "kids" movie. The 12 yr old was cracking up, and despite some of the other reviews, there weren't too many poop/pee jokes -- and the movie actually had a few good laughs. Not sure what the reviews mean when they talk about sexual innuendo -- we didn't notice anything overt and overall, it was an entertaining, funny family comedy. Kevin James' character is the usual silly, clumsy, average-joe, every-man type of character that he's known for -- and in the end he finds out that who he is inside is what really matters, and trying to be someone you're not doesn't work. Good message, funny movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

Okay...

I just saw this. Some parts weren't that funny. Be aware of the language and sex!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohncena1234 July 15, 2011

Dissapointed

It was terrible. But the language was more than i expected. I was really dissapointed.
Kid, 8 years old July 12, 2011

AWSOME

IT WAS THE BEST AND AWSOME MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN
Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 10, 2015

Zookeeper

Ok movie, nothing special... About one use of jesus, 4 uses of hell, 1 use of ass. Not much sex either, a little bit of kissing and flirting. No drugs, no alcohol. Should be fine for a 6 yr old!
Adult Written byeleshaergle,rdn February 22, 2015

Good comedy, but somewhat inappropriate at times

The biggest problem that I have with this movie is one moment when the lion says "What the hell is wrong with you???". It was a line that stuck out in the movie and my 3 year old picked up on it immediately. Other than that, the comedy in it was pretty harmless. My almost 7 year old boy finds it HILARIOUS and understands that he isn't supposed to say what the lion did...the 3 year old didn't understand and watched it with all of us.
Parent Written bybills1 October 5, 2014

For morons only

This is the stupidest movie I have ever been forced to sit through! I have an aversion to anything that has talking animals, so that was the first thing. Absolutely moronic plot line and action by everyone involved. 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back. If this movie appears at your house, pitch it in the stove.
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2014

Disappointing

I did not care for this movie. They do have parts where he is peeing in the plants. He does drink with others. His wife does wear sexy outfits and there is some language. Definitely not for kids 10 and under.
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byMommaOfTwoo July 25, 2014

Disappointing...

I agree that this movie was a waste of Kevin James talent. To many sexual references, and yeah kids might not understand them but that doesn't mean they need to be exposed to them. Just a boring movie I think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanGoslingLover November 14, 2013

Pretty Good Movie

This movie is actually quite hilarious, especially the first time you see it. There are definitely some jokes that make you want to groan, but is an overall funny movie. It has a great message abut chasing your dreams, not someone else's. While the plot is very predictable, the movies is still good. The language is not excessive, just a little much for a PG movie.
Educator and Parent Written byrareword August 27, 2013

Zookeeper: Okay plot, but kids love it

My daughter's summer tutoring camp showed it to kids 8 to 12. They loved the movie. While adults may notice that plot development is a bit thin in parts, character development provides some valuable talking points for 10 - 12 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Funny

Kid, 9 years old December 17, 2012

I liked this movie, but was dissapointed at the same time.

I had high expectations for this movie, It was really good, but it didn't exceed my expectations. Language: 2 uses of "Crap". Sex: This whole movie is about a man trying to win back his ex! so of course there are going to be 4 makeout scenes. This is why It is 9 and up instead of 7 and up. Violence: There is a bike race, but it's more comedic than violent. and for about 1/2 of the movie all he does is choke on food and water.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

Why is this so bad?

I haven't seen this in a very long time, but I don't get why this is pissed. It was great. It was very funny. Why does this get one star and Fanboy and Chum Chum gets 3. FB and CC is poop compared to this movie. Hilarious, but has some language and violence.
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2012

Zookeeper

Zookeeper. Good with a tiny bit of language.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

Oh CSM...

Oh CSM,why is your taste so bad?! I really liked Zookeeper! Geat comedy,nice acting,great premise,ect.