All member reviews for "21st Century Girl" (CD Single)

Sassy, kid-friendly hip-hop from Hollywood daughter.

Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate March 21, 2011

Just another wannabe

Puh-LEEZE! Daughter of Will Smith + Autotune + Songwriters = Yet another pop star wannabe. This is ridiculous. Just because she's some famous guy's kid, does not make her a talented singer (hello, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian). And her outfits are stupid and rip off Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and Lady GaGa's personal styles. So, congratulations, Willow. You managed to break into the music business. And I'm sure daddy had NOTHING to do with that.
Kid, 0 years old February 4, 2014

[email protected]

i ilke we me yes
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 3, 2012

21st century girl cd single

successful if her parents weren't Will & Jada Pinkett Smith? Can you think of other artists who might have gotten special treatment because of their famous families or connections? Smith's song is all about being yourself, making your own rules, and living life to the fullest -- but "with class." What does it mean to have class? With so many young artists growing up too fast, do you think Smith is too young to be in the spotlight? Do you think she is more or less likely to make poor choices like other young female stars (like Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears)? Why?
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2012

What is the point?

I don't really get the point of this song. Yes, Willow, we all know that you are a 21 centery girl. Most of the kids who write reviews on this site are. What's the message? Can people relate to it? Do people want to dance when this song is played? Nope. I don't get it. What is Willow trying to say to her audience? I have no idea. Willow needs to write a song that has all those things: a message, relations to public audiences, and a great beat. None of those things are in the song. I guess all they did was record it and say: "This sounds good! Let's make this a pointless song so we don't have to work on it!" I really wish that someone had tried with this song. What a waste of time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimmabeamazing October 1, 2011

-.-

Ehh... it's ok. Sounds fine, nothing good or bad about it. I just get really annoyed with Willow Smith. I think she's too young to be this popular in the music world and she tries to act older than she is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlbus Severus July 14, 2011

Catchy tune

This is a catching tune that is appropriate for basically anyone. However I think that Willow Smith is trying to grow up too fast and doesn't appreciate being a 10 year old.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2011

HATE IT

I HATE this song! Willow Smith is so stupid! Her songs are so irritating. And she thinks she's all that but she's just a little kid. What do you mean "for her young fans"? She's younger than most of her fans! And how does that song send out a positive, uplifting message? She is praising HERSELF in the song, example "I'm the kind of chick that knocks you off your feet"\ "I'm a 21's century girl". She's too young, being that famous at her age can really go to her head and can really screw her up when she becomes an adult. I am a fan of her dad's music, but I can't stand that annoying autotuned talentless midget! She can't even sing. She's 100% autotuned!
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

Great!!

She did a good job of teaching you how to be yourself.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 April 3, 2011

Not bad

This song is okay but, not as catchy as Whip my Hair. Team Willow!
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

good for kids 4 and up

Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2011
I LOVE THIS SONG! It;s so energetic, it makes me want to dance all over the place! No bad messages like Ke$ha;s music, just clean, fun song!
Parent Written byCooldee March 12, 2011

This is a song for women and girls of all ages!

I love this song because it does not have display sex, drugs, nudity, smoking, drinking, and bad talking about women and girls.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl March 11, 2011

Mediocre Tween Pop

It's okay. There aren't very many messages- Good or bad. It is mostly just for kids that like to dance. It is appropriate for MOST kids and I see no issues. I give it a B+ Rating overall.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMya12345678 March 9, 2011
Adult Written byjavababy March 7, 2011

Girl Power Anthem for Tweens, Teens and women everywhere.

This is a girl power anthem. Not since the Spice Girls have parents had such a great girl song that doesn't display sex, drugs, and nudity as the key traits for women. No. Willow Smith is striking an important chord. Be proud to be a girl! You are independent and strong and you can do ANYTHING in a 21st century world. The music video is also great as it features only girls dancing in age appropriate clothes with style. (The only thing questionable is her "Boys need training" t-shirt). I am ready for Willow Smith to take over the air waves and push out those pop divas like Ke$ha whose only messages are "you have to be slutty to be noticed". NOT TRUE! Girl power all the way!
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

Don't be a Ke$ha!

The song wasn't that great...... the girl's a few steps away from being the next Ke$ha. Please Willow, don't be a Ke$ha.