Kid reviews for "3" (CD single)

Lyrics' double meaning expresses yearning for threesome.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 June 5, 2012

Wow

Before the brigade, it's insanely catchy, but quite smutty ('quite' is an understatement).

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarilynMansonFan October 8, 2009

I couldn't care less about the promiscuity: It's just plain bad

Now, in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care about the lyrical content as long as its creative and has meaning. It almost goes wihout saying that Britney (or her producer/manager) never had, does not have, or never will have, a single shred of creativity. This song is a testament to that claim: A third-grade vocabulary; whiny, annoying vocals; and painfully overdone themes that lack any coherent message or even entertainment for that matter. Sometimes it is fun to sit back and listen to an extravagantly silly song (Psychostick, for example) but it even fails to do that simply be taking itself seriously. How can anyone honestly take this seriously? It just goes to show that the public doesn't care about music anymore, not that it ever has within the past 30 or so years. Music has become a side-activity, something to listen to in the car on the way to school or work, or a backing beat to dance to. All in all, it's sickening to think that this banal, trite song overshadows real artistry. Skip out on this one.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymr. preston January 10, 2016
If they're old enough to understand what the lyrics mean, then they're old enough to listen to it. If they don't understand, then just let them listen to the song's catchy beat and great vocals

Teen, 13 years old Written byKhOiCoOl November 14, 2011

Good beat

My brother listen to it (10 years old). He loves the beat but he doesn't understand the whole song. Oh well can't blame him

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl August 27, 2011

just say no. a big waste of time

Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2011

for children 10 and over

It's appropriate for older children (teenagers and tweens) but inappropriate for younger children. It has some inappropriate content, like partying and stuff like that. It aslo has words which are too mature for younger children. Britney is very awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written byheavymetalfanatic July 11, 2011

NO NO NO NO AND NO

I havent heard the song, but I do not agree with Spears's choice of topic for this song. This song is really bad sounding and this wouldnt be the song i would let kids listen to. This song has to be one of the worst songs that spears has ever came up with. I didnt even notice the meaning by the title, but once commonsensemedia mentioned it, i looked at the title and I was like, oh so thats what that means. Not for kids. Not very good for teens to listen to either. This kind of music is probably the cause for teens having sex at an early age nowadays.

Kid, 8 years old June 15, 2011

OK FOR TEENS

If you are Little You wont Understand. If you are 6 Or up that is a different Story.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycanadiangurl72 March 27, 2011
There is absolutely nothing graphic. There's just some constant innuendo that younger kids won't get, and if they do get it, then they're old enough to know what a threesome is, so who cares?!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjannn421 March 12, 2011
Eh, when I was like IDK 10 I didn't even know what this song meant! But it's catchy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 December 15, 2010
i love the song

Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

good song that younger kids wont understand.

OK i have to admit i love this song but im not a fan of what its about. I mean what person writes a song just about threee people haveing sex together it's GROSS....... but yet the song doesent scream that is what it is about. Its very vauge useing lines like "Getting down and repeate." "What we do is inesent. Just for fun and nothing ment." even thoughyounger kids wont fully understand what its talking about its best to save this song until they get a little older.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 7, 2010
the hole song is about having sex together

Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight November 30, 2010

Good beat, dirty meaning... oh Britney...

I love the beat, but the message is discusting. To tell the truth it took me awhile to totally understand what it meant, but now that I do.... you know what, it's still a good song, you know, for me anyway. I try to dismiss the stupid meanings if I like the song. Maybe for kids like, my age or older (that can actually handle it with maturity) -also, make sure your kids aren't impressioners.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylilly117 April 4, 2010

Racy, Nasty, Not Worth Your Time

You may have enjoyed going through the years with Britney, but this "hit," is one to cover tween ears for. 3 is explicit, and displays the bad message of cheating while shining the spotlight on sex. Discription is not detailed, but is also not hinted. Keep your distances.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEvan182 March 17, 2010

Most kids and preteens won't understand the references. But it's still too sexual for anyone under 13.

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

BAD FOR TEENS AND CHILDREN

i can't believe i downloaded this :( now sense i know what its about, EWWWWWWWWW IT GIVES TEENS A BAD IDEA NO WAY!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysweet4ng3L March 9, 2010
ONE TWO THREE, NOT ONLY YOU N ME, GOT ONE-EIGHTY DEGREES AND I'M CAUGHT IN BETWEEN. dammitt i am seriously caught in a tangle myself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 March 5, 2010

Ugh oh I just bought this...

oh god I just bought this song I didn't know it was about that! I hear it every day in P.E. and I go to a Catholic school where we have chapel twice a week! Also, check out my review on Tik Tok by Ke$ha. Today my friend's mom was singing to this in the car with us! I highly prefer Paramore.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 28, 2010

song is ok but the music video....

i like this song although at first i didnt know whast it was about and the song didn't really very clearly what it is about (which is good of course) which makes THE SONG ok for younger kids but the music video.... That's another story. The music video has britney and a bunch of other girls dressed very sexy and inapropreatly pretending to have sex in a graphic way.