All member reviews for "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" (CD Single)

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus October 13, 2012

Fun song!

I really like this song. There's really no substance to it, but it is very fun to sing along with, and the lyrics, as well as the video, are funny and silly. It's basically about a guy making up all these lies telling how his girlfriend died, so when his friends ask him where she is he doesn't have to tell them he was dumped. I guess some people could find this song, and the video, a little violent. Maybe it's just me, but some parts of this song sound like Phantom of the Opera.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2012

danced to death at an east side night club :D

Awesome song. Don't take it seriously.. just enjoy it :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 February 20, 2013

Great song

My dad hates this song but I disagree with him. I really like this song.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 October 15, 2012

Catchy ;)

The lyrics are interesting, but like CSM said it's not meant to be taken seriously.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 15, 2012

50 ways to say goodbye cd single

reality to them? Train uses a mariachi band in this song and video (mariachi is a style of folk music from the state of Jalisco in Central Mexico). What do you think about the mariachi band playing in this song? Does it make the song and video funny? Does it seem out of place? One of the clever elements of "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" is how the song shifts between the melodic mariachi verses, the silly pop choruses loaded with a litany of lies, and the serious bridge: "I wanna live a thousand lives with you/I wanna be the one you're dying to/Love...but you don't want to." Do you think these three parts work well together or not?
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 October 12, 2012

Quirky but infectious song

I really like this song because of the beat. The music is awesome, as well as the singing. This song is mostly okay for kids, but there may be some concerns. As mentioned above, the singer says that he'll say his ex-girlfriend died in various ways because he can't stand the pain of being separated from her. It's not a good message, either, but it's not meant to be taken seriously. Also, "crappy" is used twice in the chorus.