All member reviews for 808s & Heartbreak

Mostly tame tales of woe from rapper turned singer.

Adult Written byafghanremixz January 4, 2009

The best

This is the best album but in see you in my nightmares lil wanye says sh*t.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2010

This is a great album. Kanye West pieces together poetic yet catchy lyrics with great electronic sounds. A must-have. Okay, sure he's not so good of a role model but atleast his music's good! No violence. There's one sexual reference (I can make you come...I can make you go) that will fly off the top of kid's heads. No language. No drug content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHilly September 22, 2009

Good...and Bad

Good CD, but unforunatly, Kanye isn't a good role model.
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010

older kids

I love his songs, but they can get annoying
Teen, 13 years old Written byjakek6 August 24, 2009

13 and up.

This album is really good. Its very clean, and doesn't have many things wrong with it at all. It soo much cleaner than Graduation, and some of his other albums.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySSBMboss May 8, 2009

An unusual still excellent release from a talented rapper

This release is less good than his other release, but still manages to be excellent. With quite simple lyrics and deep electronic music Kanye overall talks about being heartbroken. It's hard to choose which tracks are the best, since you'd switch from Robocop to Paranoid then Street Lights or Welcome to Heartbreak (with Kid Cudi). The message may be too deep for children under 12, but then there's no problem, it's just a question of maturity. The only offensive word used is censored, so this album is melodically great for everybody, and lyrically better for teens and up. (for its theme)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynachtmuzic March 11, 2009

This mom really likes it...

As the parent of a 12 year old girl, I want to help her find music that isn't too adult in concept or language, but something that her friends like as well. This album is excellent for all of these requirements. I was surprised that I liked so many of the tracks. A few are pretty uneventful and unexciting, but for the most part, these are great songs. I also checked out the disc Graduation, which I liked as well. I think Kanye West just found a new "mom" fan.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2008

I'm Sorry...

I just really thougth that this album was a dissapointment. Tracks like 'Say You Will' is tedious and boring. I bought this album thinking I was in for a treat. Nope. The few songs there are on this album gice it something to fall back on, like 'Welcome to Heartbreak,' 'RoboCop,' and 'Paraniod.' Otherwise, it's like bread without yeast.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 24, 2009

this is his 1st alumb that is not bad
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieguy2013 November 26, 2008

This truly is an excellent album.

Kanye West's use of the autotune is perfectly placed. The lyrics are about loneliness and loss. I recommend the tracks, robocop, heartless, amazing ,street lights and most of all, see you in my nightmares. This album shows the maturity of Kanye without being tedious or boring.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2009

hes a jerk

kanyes a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Not that bad
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2010

Great album, great role model.

WEST IS AWESOME! and to anyone who thinks hes a bad role model, think again! he apologized to taylor swift and loves his mom.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2011

Great...4 1/2 stars

This CD is awesome! I didn't like Kanye until he made this CD. It was then that I realized how catchy his music is. The reason I gave it 4 1/2 stars is because sometimes the music gets a little boring. Heartless, Amazing, and Love Lockdown are the best tracks on the album.
Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2012

Ages 2-9 Off Ages 10-13 Iffy than 14+ On
Written byAnonymous December 19, 2012

Both Violents and sex are not the key for kids sorry but is a no.

No Swearing for Kanye West that's the good part. The bad part is keeping the sex in the music. This is not for kids at all. ...and Violents are still in the album. R Rating for Kanye West.