Parent reviews for A Crow Left of the Murder

Excellent playing, singing, and songwriting.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... July 18, 2009

Awesome!

Great CD, although not as good as previous efforts, such as Make Yourself, S.C.I.E.N.C.E., or Morning View.

A few f-words in one song and one song about sex, but it's pretty tame and not very obvious,

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Incubus lost me a long time ago....

Incubus hasn't produced an astounding album since "Make Yourself." Their music is getting pretty dull. Overall disappointing like their last release. Well, they say once you go on MTV once, your standards drop. There are only a few bands who stay good after becoming mainstream.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Incubus Goes Bananas

This album is a bit more raw and live sounding than Incubus' past two albums. A few recording errors are even left in. The album includes some interesting guitar noodling and instrumental parts.Brandon Boyd sings in his unique manner, and his vocals seem to have expanded, even more than before, to different styles of singing (falsettos, singing to the beat of a song, creepy whipers, etc.)Also on board this time around in new bassist Ben Kenny (spelling?), formerly of The Roots, a hip hop band. Not only does his presence change the bands rhythm, but he also adds some lovely backup vocals, as does guitarist Mike Einziger. Einziger really gets his change to show off his guitar work though on "Sick Sad Little World" during an intrumental section of the song that lasts about two minutes as well as on various other tracks. The carnival-like music of "Zee Deveel" and the soft sounds of "Southern Girl" are further examples of the bands versitality as a whole. Jose Pasillas III, Incubus' drummer, sounds a rawer, unproduced, and natural, which surprised me, especially on the quick, choppy "Priceless." Barely-there DJ Kilmore adds to the atmosphere of the songs as he includes subtle sounds that occaisionally come to the forefront. A perfect example of this can be found on the album's first single "Megalomaniac." My only complaint is that longtime fans will recognize Incubus playing music similar to some of their older songs on a few tracks. It must be hard to keep coming up with new sounds, but it was annoying to me.
Adult Written byPontiusPilate April 9, 2008