Kid reviews for A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Wacky but weak debut from alt-emo-rock's darlings.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010

Perfect for teens with a taste for emo.

No offense, but I think that whoever wrote the main review has no taste in music. The music is incredible, the lyrics unique, and the singer amazing. Worthwhile to listen to.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

The Best Album You Will Ever Listen to. For ANY AGE.

Wow, this is the best album ever! It is AMAZING! It doesn't deserve 2 stars it deserves 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 5! Seriously... This is the best album ever and I think that any kid should be able to listen to it. CAUSE IT'S AWESOME! I just wouldn't go younger than 8 because there are big words and mature themes that they wouldn't understand otherwise. But don't listen to whoever reviewd this. It is AMAZING. Go buy A Fever You Can't Sweat Out because it is awesome. YAY PANIC AT THE DISCO! They're my favorite band because of this album.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life October 17, 2014

I LOVE P!ATD SO MUCH!!!!!

No offense, but this reviewer is an idiot. 2/5 stars!?!?!?! It deserves 5/5 stars at the least. The sexy stuff includes some mild references to prostitutes and virgins in "Build God Then We'll Talk". "Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" has some sexual references as well. As for language, there are a lot of uses of Goddamn in "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" which will offend super religious people, and f--k is used twice in "Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off". As for drinking/drugs/smoking, there are a few references to wine and smoking, but no eyebrow raisers. As for violence, a few references to suicide and slitting wrists, but again, no eyebrow raisers. Amazing album. 12+.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybookkeeper July 12, 2011

One Has to Wonder if the Long, Odd Titles are Meant to Distract from a Lack of Musicianship or are Merely an Extention of Creativity that is Underutilized by Most Mainstream Artists

There aren't any real problems, other than language and sexual references in some songs. They're good dance beats, with interesting lyrics and song titles. Panic! has gained attention (like Fall Out Boy) for their creative song titles, and it's up to the listener to decide if this is a distraction or a way to get noticed by the mainstream. I think it's a little of that, and also just part of the carnival-like drama and flamboyance that is present in the music and lyrics.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLuckyPennie January 22, 2015

Beautiful as a Book

This album is by far a Panic! At The Disco fan favorite. It has catchy, interesting music, featuring a shift from electronic beats to a guitar, piano, and even cello sound later in the album. The lyrics for every song on this album are clever and interesting. Overall, it has a slightly vintage feel in the best possible way. Many of the songs are connected, especially the four-song arc starting with "Lying Is The Most Fun..." and ending with "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban." The album is full of bitterness and satire. Although it's true that there's plenty of ideas that younger children shouldn't be exposed to, it's perfect for teenagers. I first started listening to this band when I was twelve and even though I enjoyed their songs, they never drove me to imitate them. Parents should be happy that their children are listening to something with more substance than the jingly tunes on the radio.
Teen, 16 years old Written bynoraoneill September 4, 2014

Amazing

Every song on this album is unique and expresses individual thoughts. Ryan Ross (song writer) is clearly very intelligent and demonstrates this through higher level vocabulary than most kids under 14 may understand at first thought. However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't listen to it. Who ever wrote that this album is slightly sexist was completely incorrect. There is an entire song on this album about drag, and personal expression regardless of gender (time to dance). Furthermore, although there is mention of many chemicals, (asbestos, nitroglycerin, etc.) none of them are inappropriate, and the only mention of "drugs" is "the smokes in the cigarette box". Lying... has mention of sex, and is more mature content, it is still okay for kids of age twelve. Panic! at the disco is my favorite band, and although it isn't "radio music", it is fantastic, well-written music.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywicked_njo July 28, 2014

BEST MUSIC EVER!!

I Write Sins Not Tragedies has made my life complete
Teen, 16 years old Written bypogger March 3, 2021

ok

i like build god then we'll talk , i write sins not tragedies, and camisado the best, they're poggers and u should listen to them.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIdostuffbcwhynot November 12, 2020

Pretty solid

Yeah, we all know it cusses a bit, but overall the songs aren't too bad. The only song I'd say really classifies as like 13+ would be 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies'. Personally I see no real issue with P!atd.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGigaChad October 4, 2020

Great and Insanely Catchy!

This album is the start of a legend. With a few references to sex (But It’s Better if You Do, Build God Then Well Talk) and cursing it great and in no way overly offensive.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2020

Arguably their best

This album is awesome!! Besides Pray For The Wicked, this is my favorite album done by Panic!. If your 10 year old doesn’t know about sex or can’t handle the F-word, they (and you!) have problems. Many of their songs are deep with a few descriptions of theirs being not-so-pleasant visuals (dead skin on a linoleum floor, bleeding on the ballroom floor), but kids really need to grow up. Music needs to stop being so mumble-rappy, generic, and poppy (not to mention most of the rappers your kid listens to objectify women, use COUNTLESS swears, and glorify drugs). 4.5/5 album, loved it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygabriellyepc April 8, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoth_Kid September 21, 2019

There's A Good Reason I Rated This Five Stars, Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet.

Probably the best Panic! At The Disco album by far. Now, people aren't talking about how But It's Better If You Do talks about getting a lap dance at a strip club in the main chorus. Intermission and Introduction are useless. Camisado just annoyed me. Build God, Then We'll Talk talks about prostitution throughout the entire song. However, it does a fantastic job of telling the story. Time To Dance was by far one of my favorite songs. There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet gives off an arrogant vibe, while also discussing lacing cigarettes with nitroglycerin and then spiking the punch with alcohol. The songs actually tell interesting stories, you just have to listen. There's not really too much sex, drugs, violence, or swearing, I just thought to include this warning.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMoonrover83 September 14, 2019

A title not too long so my lawyer doesn’t get me to change it

The first panic! Song I listened to was “I write sins not tragedies” and as the weird (and still am) kid I was LOVED this song. Has some sexual reference and few curse words but the rhythm is catchy. Overall 10/10 would listen to the album on repeat for hours.

Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2019

One of the best Panic! Albums

The guy who wrote the "expert review" is obviously a boomer who doesn't know what good music is. AFYCSO is an amazing album that has good lyrical content (courtesy of Ryan Ross :C) Very few curse words and inappropriate phrases. And of course Breadbin Urie (lol) rocks the vocals. My favorites are: If It's Better If You Do, Build God, Then We'll Talk, Camisado, Nails for Breakfast...,Lying is the Most Fun a Girl can Have..., I write Sins not Tragedies :D

Teen, 14 years old Written bylizzie.k July 7, 2019

P!ATD is great for kids 14+

I am a personal HUUUUGE fan of P!ATD (Panic! At The Disco) , and A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out is definitely an iconic album. Featuring songs like: I Write Sins not Tradgeties, and But It’s Better If You Do, this album has great music. Most songs have slight language, and/or drug and alcohol references. But overall, the songs are total boos and if 10/10 reccomwnd.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySofia R June 22, 2019

ONE OF THERE BEST

I enjoyed listening to it but Lying if the most fun a girl could have without taking her clothes of is a bit racy but you can skip it and it fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPanic_at_the_Di... February 25, 2019

Great Album

OK, so I know that this has some sexual content, but it is a good album. the song "i write sins not tragedies" has reference to a bride being a whore, but most children change it to "oh what a shame, what a shame the poor groom's bride is a beautiful woman." The album has songs referring to suicide and sex, but other than dropping the F-bomb once, it is a great, child appropriate album.

Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurpleheart_kil... December 30, 2018
This album has quite a few overriding religious themes (which makes sense considering Brendon, the lead singer, had just left the mormon faith). There is one song that uses the f word and is basically all about sex (lying is the most fun) so dont let younger kids listen to that one but apart from that this is a fantastic debut and its my 2nd fave panic album.