All teen and kid member reviews for A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010

Perfect for teens with a taste for emo.

No offense, but I think that whoever wrote the main review has no taste in music. The music is incredible, the lyrics unique, and the singer amazing. Worthwhile to listen to.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

The Best Album You Will Ever Listen to. For ANY AGE.

Wow, this is the best album ever! It is AMAZING! It doesn't deserve 2 stars it deserves 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 5! Seriously... This is the best album ever and I think that any kid should be able to listen to it. CAUSE IT'S AWESOME! I just wouldn't go younger than 8 because there are big words and mature themes that they wouldn't understand otherwise. But don't listen to whoever reviewd this. It is AMAZING. Go buy A Fever You Can't Sweat Out because it is awesome. YAY PANIC AT THE DISCO! They're my favorite band because of this album.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life October 17, 2014

I LOVE P!ATD SO MUCH!!!!!

No offense, but this reviewer is an idiot. 2/5 stars!?!?!?! It deserves 5/5 stars at the least. The sexy stuff includes some mild references to prostitutes and virgins in "Build God Then We'll Talk". "Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" has some sexual references as well. As for language, there are a lot of uses of Goddamn in "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" which will offend super religious people, and f--k is used twice in "Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off". As for drinking/drugs/smoking, there are a few references to wine and smoking, but no eyebrow raisers. As for violence, a few references to suicide and slitting wrists, but again, no eyebrow raisers. Amazing album. 12+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLuckyPennie January 22, 2015

Beautiful as a Book

This album is by far a Panic! At The Disco fan favorite. It has catchy, interesting music, featuring a shift from electronic beats to a guitar, piano, and even cello sound later in the album. The lyrics for every song on this album are clever and interesting. Overall, it has a slightly vintage feel in the best possible way. Many of the songs are connected, especially the four-song arc starting with "Lying Is The Most Fun..." and ending with "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban." The album is full of bitterness and satire. Although it's true that there's plenty of ideas that younger children shouldn't be exposed to, it's perfect for teenagers. I first started listening to this band when I was twelve and even though I enjoyed their songs, they never drove me to imitate them. Parents should be happy that their children are listening to something with more substance than the jingly tunes on the radio.
Teen, 16 years old Written bynoraoneill September 4, 2014

Amazing

Every song on this album is unique and expresses individual thoughts. Ryan Ross (song writer) is clearly very intelligent and demonstrates this through higher level vocabulary than most kids under 14 may understand at first thought. However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't listen to it. Who ever wrote that this album is slightly sexist was completely incorrect. There is an entire song on this album about drag, and personal expression regardless of gender (time to dance). Furthermore, although there is mention of many chemicals, (asbestos, nitroglycerin, etc.) none of them are inappropriate, and the only mention of "drugs" is "the smokes in the cigarette box". Lying... has mention of sex, and is more mature content, it is still okay for kids of age twelve. Panic! at the disco is my favorite band, and although it isn't "radio music", it is fantastic, well-written music.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybadlands October 16, 2015

Terrible Review This Is

I think that this album is not in any way boring. The way the author/writer of this review describes a masterpiece is actually what music today is- bland lyrics with repetitive music. Panic! doesn't talk about LOVE at all in this album, contrasting most of the other music in the industry. Their lyrics are witty, clever and never boring. I won't deny the fact that there are some not-so-great messages in the songs, but they never meant their music to be listened to by kids, it's not their fault that some random kid stumbled upon their music. It's their style, and they're not going to change it for you.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywicked_njo July 28, 2014

BEST MUSIC EVER!!

I Write Sins Not Tragedies has made my life complete
Teen, 13 years old Written byPanicAtTheCardisco March 1, 2014

AMAZING BAND

This band is great for teens and pre-teens because the band uses unique lyrics and they rarely swear.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2013

Don't listen to CSM on this one!!!

I love Panic!! It simply inspires me like no band and is my current happy music :) The only sketchy track is 7, really, but 10 has some language. Really, what kid hasn't heard G.D? If your kids like music like this and your not to freaked out by it, let them listen, as GOOD music like this has become rare.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYellow Carnation August 4, 2012

Panic! At the Disco

The messages in the songs in these albums, even the sexual ones, are ones I hear every day at school. It's nothing teens haven't heard. I think the only songs most would have a problem with are Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off, and I Write Sins, Not Tragedies. The rest of the songs aren't all that explicit, really. The former song has the word "f-ck" in it a couple times; that's as bad as it gets. Alright, and the latter has "God d-mn" in it loads of times. Some people are going to find that offensive. People are going to complain that there are too many sexual references or swearing in them, but the two songs I mentioned are as bad as it gets. Everything else has quirky (yes, I said quirky, haha) and creative lyrics. I'd also like to point out that the writer of the main review is clearly biased: "Whiny and self-conscious, the songs on A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT are filled with repetition and awkward phrasing -- to the point that many are actually unpleasant to listen to." < Really? Many would argue that the songs are not in any way whiny- how can music be whiny, anyway? And self conscious music? Get over yourself! Is that supposed to further degrade teens who have low self esteem and the ones who express their feelings in music? Repetition? Awkward phrasing? Okay, yes, maybe the grammar isn't impeccable, but honestly, sometimes it's meant to be that way. And have you listened to mainstream pop lately? Their stuff is a thousand times more repetitive than Panic! At the Disco's songs. Unpleasant to listen to: That is what really gets to me. I hope you realise that this is clearly a personal opinion. I don't find the music unpleasant to listen to at all. I find mainstream pop (and country music, but I could rant about that for hours) unpleasant to listen to, but I'm totally aware that there are people out there that love that kind of music. And I'm finished *-*
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookkeeper July 12, 2011

One Has to Wonder if the Long, Odd Titles are Meant to Distract from a Lack of Musicianship or are Merely an Extention of Creativity that is Underutilized by Most Mainstream Artists

There aren't any real problems, other than language and sexual references in some songs. They're good dance beats, with interesting lyrics and song titles. Panic! has gained attention (like Fall Out Boy) for their creative song titles, and it's up to the listener to decide if this is a distraction or a way to get noticed by the mainstream. I think it's a little of that, and also just part of the carnival-like drama and flamboyance that is present in the music and lyrics.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrainbows4ever February 5, 2010

I think it good for tweens and teens no 1 younger

i love panic at the disco i always have they express them selves simaler to the way i do and they arnt afrid of it either i just love them. they have been my role modles for a very long time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvelyn's Reviews January 28, 2016

This was a great album, I don't care what Common Sense Media says

I loved this album SO much. I CHIME IN WITH A HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF... CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR?! It's a fricken amazing album. I love Panic! At the Disco SO much.
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2015

i love ittt :))

i am an 11 year old girl who is literally in LOVE with panic! and i actually have this first album on hand with me at home. yes, there is swearing and sexual references, but most kids with smart minds know that we shouldn't repeat this stuff at home or at school, but we can listen to it. at least this isn't like our new so called "rap songs" (which i loathe wayyyy to much). panic! wrote their songs with meaning in them. like for "i write sins, not tragedies" (the 10th song on the album) he's saying don't commit adultery. but there are some content that isn't very sutible for maybe 9 and under, mainly because they don't know what all this means. ages 10 and up is okay, but 9 and under just be careful.. thx :))
Teen, 13 years old Written byA little bit logical October 25, 2015

This band is amazing.

Alright, so I will say that P!ATD is a tad bit inappropriate at times, but they have the perfect sound. Brendon Urie's voice is so clear and he has such a wide vocal range, this album is just amazing, but not for really young kids, for example "Build God, Then We'll Talk" is about a "virgin" sleeping with a lawyer to get a job. So, don't let your little kids listen to that one, but most of them are okay for little kids but this website doesn't use an individual grading system so 10 and up I guess.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfilm geek September 25, 2015

Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?!

It doesn't get much more emo than this. This album probably has the most creative, long song titles (e.g., lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off). There's 'I write sins not tragedies' which went on to become probably the most iconic Panic! song ever. This is my favourite album by them, due to Brendon's amazing vocals, the sheer creativity, and lyrically a masterpiece. A few sexual innuendoes in there (seriously, don't play 'lying is the most fun' in public as people will look at you strangely). Apart from one F bomb, the album is basically profanity free. Great fun to listen to, and a genuinely great album
Teen, 13 years old Written by♡_Impossible_Alice_♡ April 26, 2015

One of my favourite albums of all time!

Whoever reviewed this album has little to no taste in music whatsoever. Panic! At the Disco are one of my favourite bands, and A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is my favourite album of theirs. The titles are creative, the lyrics are clever, the beats are catchy, and the songs are meaningful, unlike most other artists. The songs are a little inappropriate for those under twelve or thirteen years old, but it will probably go over their heads, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

Not Even A Question

AFYSCO only has a couple instances of cursing and anyone who has been in 5th grade or 6th has heard way worse already. I found Panic when I was 10 and there wasn't anything that shocked me as far as I can remember.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2014

Perfect for young teens, mostly mild language

I have to say, I ABSOLUTELY love Panic! At The Disco and this is one of their best albums that I discovered when I was 11. Most of the songs are pretty clean, but there is one use of the F-bomb in "Lying Is The Most Fun", multiple uses S**t and mentions of wet dreams in "London Beckoned Songs" and "But It's Better If You Do" mentions daiquiris, lap dancing and a strip club. In "Time To Dance", there are the lyrics "Well she's not bleeding on the ballroom floor, just for a little attention" which may potentially be a little disturbing. Anyway, I'm just nit-picking. That may seem like a lot, but compared to the other awesome songs it's literally nothing! If you like Fall Out Boy, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Evanescence you will LOVE Panic!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlexa-duck March 1, 2014

Amazing!

For any family worrying about there kids going, don't! It's amazing! The crowd and band are great and respectful