All member reviews for A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010

Perfect for teens with a taste for emo.

No offense, but I think that whoever wrote the main review has no taste in music. The music is incredible, the lyrics unique, and the singer amazing. Worthwhile to listen to.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrainbows4ever February 5, 2010

I think it good for tweens and teens no 1 younger

i love panic at the disco i always have they express them selves simaler to the way i do and they arnt afrid of it either i just love them. they have been my role modles for a very long time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

The Best Album You Will Ever Listen to. For ANY AGE.

Wow, this is the best album ever! It is AMAZING! It doesn't deserve 2 stars it deserves 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 5! Seriously... This is the best album ever and I think that any kid should be able to listen to it. CAUSE IT'S AWESOME! I just wouldn't go younger than 8 because there are big words and mature themes that they wouldn't understand otherwise. But don't listen to whoever reviewd this. It is AMAZING. Go buy A Fever You Can't Sweat Out because it is awesome. YAY PANIC AT THE DISCO! They're my favorite band because of this album.
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2009

If you can't handle this- go get your bottle and tuck in for a nap.

Honestly! I got this shortly after I turned eleven (I actually got Pretty. Odd. three months before) and I fell in love with this. Sure it drops the f-word one or twice, and that some songs hold traces of unsavory things- but if you ask anyone who's been in fifth grade, they hear worse than this. And for those of you who think this is WHINY- go... just go. You aren't worth the skin and bones you are made of. If you want whiny, go listen to that Hannah idiot or some other current Disney singer.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2011

Really good album!

I love this album. I've been listening to it on repeat a lot lately. It's INSANELY catchy, and the lyrics are creative, but it does get inappropriate at times. "Lying is The Most Fun" is the most explicit song. "But It's Better If You Do" and "Build God, Then We'll Talk" aren't exactly the best for kids either...
Teen, 13 years old Written bypatdluveremily November 8, 2010

My Favorite Band, Hands Down

I love Panic! and all of the current and former band members. I find the songs catchy and just... epic? I guess that works. There are some suggestive lyrics, but it's nothing compared to some of the anime and manga I've seen. (Or my friends *evil grin*)
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2011

Great Album

I first discovered Panic! at age 9. I could recognize this music from when my big sister listened to it. Now I'm 10. I have memorized all their songs by heart. On June 7th, 2011 I went to their concert. I have their poster hanging above my bed. I'm a little kid and I love this band. I have all their albums and at least one song is stuck in my head everyday. It may not me appropriate for children, but if their mature and they know about that language, sure they can listen to it. In my house, we do not swear. We worship God and are an innocent family. So, you don't have to be n innapropriate teenager to listen to this album. :P
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookkeeper July 12, 2011

One Has to Wonder if the Long, Odd Titles are Meant to Distract from a Lack of Musicianship or are Merely an Extention of Creativity that is Underutilized by Most Mainstream Artists

There aren't any real problems, other than language and sexual references in some songs. They're good dance beats, with interesting lyrics and song titles. Panic! has gained attention (like Fall Out Boy) for their creative song titles, and it's up to the listener to decide if this is a distraction or a way to get noticed by the mainstream. I think it's a little of that, and also just part of the carnival-like drama and flamboyance that is present in the music and lyrics.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErinwolf1997 August 28, 2011

Awesome

Whoever wrote the review for this has obviously no taste in music. This album is very clever and amazing.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2011

The Best Album EVER!

I'm thoroughly disappointed in the critic who wrote this review. Apparently, they have no taste in music or have ever seen Panic! At The Disco live. This album was so perfect in every way, I can't even describe it. I mean, I'm 12 and I love the CD. You need to understand the songs. One was about a breakup, and probably half of the songs were partially-based on novels read by the lyricist Ryan Ross. You might think the titles of the songs are quirky and weird, but they were actually inspired by movie or book quotes. All of them! And, come on, they were like 17 or 18 when they wrote this. I think that's extremely amazing. Panic! At The Disco is my favorite band in the world, so of course I have to defend them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybeatricethebaticeer August 15, 2011

Pretentious in the Worst Way Possible

I liked it at first. I will admit to this. I found it on YouTube, obsessed over it, and bought it. A mistake. After a few weeks, I began to find myself listening less and less to it, ending in only listening regularly to "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (Oh, fine, it's catchy and sort of good.) The problem with this album is, it's so pretentious! There is a sarcastic song about the pressures of fame. On their debut album. Really. And the song titles, oh , the ridiculous song titles. An example-London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines. (Incoherent grammatically, and I had to copy-and-paste that.) They are the sort of rancid irony that make me want to run away and listen to wide-eyed, earnest, love songs. (And I'm usually averse to that kind of thing, being a staunch fan of Magnetic Fields-style insincerity.) The lyrics are just as terrible. They aim to be literary, and end up somewhere in the land of awkwardness. The songs themselves are uninspiring. Any interesting pop is covered by theatrics and gimmicks. Bottom line: If you really must, listen to it on YouTube. That way, you won't be out fifteen dollars when you forget about it. (Oh, and writer of the official review? What critical acclaim do Panic! At the Disco have? I was under the impression that they were universally mocked.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byZhael November 14, 2010

The Pop-Punk we needed since Blink 182.

Techno, Alternative, Punk, Pop, Rock... the classifications for this album are numerous and varying. Not only is this a great album (in my personal opinion), there are few issues with the album as a whole. I can summarize the entire album, with one exception, as full of mild language, catchy, and few problems. The only problem with the album for others will be "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have without Taking Her Clothes Off." This song contains harsher language, sexual themes, and an overall bad message (which there really isn't a message present, but more a theme). Omit this song, and there will be no problems.
Teen, 15 years old Written byalexaluvs December 9, 2010

Who ever reviewed this didn't pay close enough attention to the lyrics. They all mean something you just have to read between the lines, like "Time to dance" is based off the book "Invisible Monster". Ya some lyrics are suggestive but only in a few songs and ya there are some swear words bunt not over the top. As far as the singing goes just listen to them live Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross both have FANTASTIC voices. Like i said before this website has good reviews but this one sounds like they had the CD on low while they were doing a million other things and not paying attention.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysilenthillfangirl April 9, 2008

Panic is awesome. :3

ahaha, my sister was like seven when this came out, and she loves Panic! Oh, yeah. Who ever said that the line "I've never looked better and you can't stand it." I really don't think that refers to any dangerous behaviour; I think it's saying that maybe one point in time that person wasn't feeling attractive, then they went and made themselves over and gained confidence? Why don't you be more open-minded and try to grasp what they're trying to say?
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicislife6766 August 3, 2012

Great for teens looking for something new.

This is a great album for teenagers who are looking for something new. With unique music and lyrics that you might not understand until you listen to the album a few times, it can really get you thinking. It does have some violence and sexual references, and younger audiences probably won't appreciate it much if they don't/can't understand what the songs are about.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2010

Perfect for your older tween. Don't hesitate.

I freakin love this CD. This band is edgy and awesome. But now for concerns. Sexual behavior? I'd say its fine. Its nothing 12 year olds don't know. Swearing? Only the F word in Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Could Have. Sh*t in a few songs and the mild use of the word wh*re. But odds are your child has heard those words already. By you, the parent, a friend, sibling or stranger. Bad messages? Lying, Barging in on a wedding, Spiking a punch. and a few other things, but honestly. Its honestly an album, with GOOD messages disguised as bad ones. With it's words you'll have to look up in a dictionary (nitroglycerin) and its huge titles, you just wanna, laugh, dance, cry and smile.
Teen, 15 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate June 19, 2012

Good

I couldn't disagree more with the review from Common Sense. I love Panic!, they've brought a new voice to modern music. Heavy on irony and metaphorically rich, their songs are interesting to listen to, with good beats and talented vocalists. And Common Sense, may I ask one question? If you think these voices are overprocessed when they have the barest minimum of Autotune, then what must you think of mainstream artists such as Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus? This album is a good listen, just not for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHurricaneKisses January 1, 2012

Love P!ATD

There are some things that might not be appropriate for some people, but as long as you know about some of the things mentioned, and understand, it's fine. I love Panic! At The Disco, and so does my little sister (age 10), but there are a few songs that I don't let her listen to. Otherwise, this is a great album for people sick of pop music that doesn't make you think in the slightest bit.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwesomeTakesPractice December 1, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bydeathnotegirl February 1, 2010

Very interesting. The album is divided in two, the first half using electronic instruments and effects, and the second half using more traditional instruments,like piano and accordion. The singer acts more like a narrator, with most of the songs using other places, like a hospital, wedding,dinner party, old motel, or insane asylum as metaphors. The only track that does not fit in with that is London Beckoned Songs About Money Written by Machines, which I personally don't like. Favorite tracks: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage, I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Camisado, Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off, and Build God, Then We'll Talk. P.S. The song Time to Dance is about the book Invisible Monsters, If you want to understand the song, read the summary online. Shotgun wedding,shotgun wedding :)