All member reviews for A Little More Personal (Raw)

Slick pop CD with nothing much to it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

Better (and moodier) than Speak

Sexual Content (Pause): Some flirting and innuendo. Violence (Not an Issue): Lindsay gets a paper cut, that's about it. Language (Not an Issue): Squeaky clean. Social Behavior (On): Songs about dysfunctional family relationships can be helpful to kids going through similar stuff. Commercialism (Not an Issue): Lindsay's not a sell-out. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): A reference to being high.
Adult Written byeagle_wings2000 April 9, 2008

Throw another one in for the rehab can.

Just lock all the so called celebs up and save us all the pain of them coming back.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I feel like I'm in a dark room when I listen to this.

While her voice can sometimes be limited to a squeak, this is a great album. Although a bit flirty, and explicit with lines like, "You come everywhere" or "Nothing gets me off the way that you do", your parents might get a bit red-faced, but there's nothing that is really offensive. Although a nice album, Lindsay is such a pessimist! Always looking at what could be bad, like "Tell me the truth!!/Did you ever love me????!!!!". But, the way she is photographed partying (with cocaine close by), she has a LOT more fun than this. Good album, though!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymona_lindsay April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byfoxlover14 July 13, 2016

One of the most underrated albums ever!

To be fair, I'm going to go song by song in this review. Confessions of a Broken Heart is such an amazing song, it is dry heavy handed as it deals with Lohan's abusive father. The accompanying music video (directed by Lohan herself) is just as heartbreaking depicting abuse and how it affects the children. However, it is one of the best music videos of all time and still remains on of the most honest and emotional songs/videos of all time. Black Hole is another great song, while not being quite as emotional as the first track, it still features a lost love. I Live For the Day is one of the weaker tracks of the album, it's not bad, but it lacks bite. I Want You to Want Me is a nice little break from a heavy handed album and feels like Lohan singing along well to one of her favorite songs. It is a lot of fun and is a breather from all the other songs being so heavy handed. My Innocence goes back to Lohan speaking of her father in another mature, heavy, honest, and beautiful tracks of the album. The title track of the album, A Little More Personal, promises a trip into something personal, but she ultimately just asks that things be taken more personal between her and a boyfriend. The end result is a song that is not very personal, that doesn't work in the middle of the album, as we've already gotten very personal. It would have been much better as the opening track, and it would have prepared us for the mood, and genre of the album, but in the middle it just flops. If it's alright is another beautiful song that displays Lohan's vocals wonderfully. If yYou Were Me is a good track, if not great. She has the right amount of vocal power to make this song work, although not enough to be the best song of its kind. Fastlane is an incredible song kept afloat by some incredible vocals. Edge of Seventeen feels like a nice tribute to Stevie Nicks, and like the previous cover, I Want You to Want me, it is a lot of fun to listen to. Who loves You is not a bad track, but it could've fit into the album a bit better, and it lacks bite as well, but it is still a fun breathy track to listen to. My Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) ends the album on a positive high note, featuring Lohan proclaiming how beautiful her life is despite its low points, a fantastic message for all kids. Overall, there isn't much to worry about aside from some mature themes, and the overall album is good, with only its title track failing to impress. Every other track ranges from good to excellent.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

A Little More Personal (Raw)

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): Some flirting. The CD cover features a shirtless Lindsay (we only see her backside). Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): No good or bad messages, but two songs about troubled parent-child relationships might be helpful to kids going through similar problems. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.