All member reviews for Abbey Road

Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

Great Music

This has to be the best music ever. I just got the album yesterday. My favorite is Something. This album has really good music. Come Together has little drug reference, though. Overall, this album is a legend.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLord of Sushi February 17, 2010

One of the greatest albums ever made...

This is a really classic album that was made before the final Beatles album (Let it Be). Content isn't really anything to worry about, although the song Maxwell's Silver Hammer has some violence and John Lennon is smoking on the cover.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter October 27, 2014

Very clean and talented rock for any age

Teen, 13 years old Written byandilovethebeatles March 3, 2014

Timeless...But may be iffy for some

Abbey Road is an iconic musical masterpiece cholk full of positive messages of love and peace... however the review did forget to mention a few things such as the violent imagery that is strongly present in the song Maxwells Silver Hammer that is about a homocidal killer who murders all his peers and mentions of a crossdresser in the song Polythene Pam
Teen, 15 years old Written byPeter Parker July 16, 2013

Amazing Album!

This album is the best! But what I really hate is the fact that if you go on top picks on this website, click best music lists, you'll see that One Direction music is on top of the Beatles 60's album! This album deserves more recognition towards the younger tweens and teens of our generation. Great Album though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWell17 February 15, 2013

Clever and Uplifting

Very uplifting music that just makes you happy. Younger kids may not get all the irony and other good stuff in the lyrics yet, but they'll still appreciate it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe February 2, 2013

Great album for all ages

I love Beatles music. Two words: Listen to it. "Fool"is used in "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". Coca-Cola is referenced in "Come Together". There are death references in this song. On the album art, Paul is shown with a cigarette in his hand and the song "Her Majesty" contains these lyrics: Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl / But she doesn't have a lot to say / Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl / But she changes from day to day / I want to tell I love her a lot / But I got to get a bellyful of wine / Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl / Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah / Someday I'm going to make her mine
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Euphoric User January 27, 2013

THIS, is real music

No autotune and machines that produce random sounds and whatever. This just contains plain ol' instruments and real talent to make a wonderful album and band. Abbey Road is their most successful, and it is one I will treasure by heart for many, many years.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

abbey road

Families can talk about how The Beatles' music transcends generations and how, through games like Rock Band, the songs can be enjoyed by the whole family. Families can talk about how music comes from so many easily accessed venues now and why it's important to choose songs without degrading lyrics, preview new artists in advance, and not download illegally.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2012

Good

It''s a good album.... and I like the cover.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2012

BEST ALBUM EVER

THE BEATLES ARE AMAZING!!!! I REALLY, REALLY WIDH MY FRIENDS WOULD LISTEN TO THIS AWESOME MUSIC INSTEAD OF "LMFAO" OR "NIKI MINAJ"!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2011

worth it drugs... no surprise

ok i now understand come together thanks for makin the song sound all druggy and prob is bbuuuttttt im still singin it lol well im sad to tell you the beatles took drugs (gasps) omg i didnt know that yeah even though all of them got charged for havin drugs multiples of times know one knew they got high...lol i mean at my dance studio we danced to the song and i SANG IT great album great beats i personally think that it isnt even noticable to kids my age it was the 60s people give the beatles a break all you hear me talk about is the beatles and i get strait a's it dosnt affect me great band worth the buy
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2011

BEST ALBUM EVER

This is a great album there is mild violence in Maxwell 's silver hammer. though it's a great album people should buy this!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymongofa May 21, 2011

A classic for everybody

What can I say, it's a classic! Listen to it! 'nuff said!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPEMDAS May 16, 2011

Great for anyone who wants to listen.

The Beatles are amazing for anyone. Period.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2011

Why do you think my name had Abbey Road?
Teen, 14 years old Written byled zeppelin rocks April 30, 2011

abby road the best!!

well i love oh darling and come together and somthing, the beatles are amazing!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old April 18, 2011

Beatles ARE THE BEST!

OMG! THE BEATLES HAVE LOTS OF GOOD MUSIC.THIS BEATS TODAY'S CRAPPY POP
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldSchoolReviews April 2, 2011

Timeless Classic That Will Live On Forever :O)

This is purely classic music! If only people appreciated music like this. Some people just don't understand good music when they hear it. Who doesn't like the Beatles?
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 March 19, 2011

A few sketchy songs

I am only going to talk about the ones I feel are a tad sketchy, because the rest are AWESOME (especially Here Comes The Sun and Oh, Darling!) COME TOGETHER- The entire song is about drugs, and it's about a guy asking his friends to help him get high. Some lyrics are "Shoot me [with a needle, presumably]", "Toejam Football (jamming a needle into your toe so the cops won't know you got high)", "Monkey Finger (same as the previous, but in your finger)", and more. This would be a five-circle drug song. MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER- The song is about a psychotic murderer who murders a girlfriend, doctor, and judge with a hammer. The song is actually very funny. The Beatles themselves said it was "a happy song about murder". POLYTHENE PAM- Some trans-sexuality is mentioned "she looks so good, but she looks like a man" The song was inspired by a girl who ate saran wrap and when people would "do it" with polythene wrapped around them (said by The Beatles themselves in a biography). MEAN MR. MUSTARD-Well, this song is actually pretty funny. It's about a grumpy guy that lives in the road with money up his nose and who curses at the queen. It's not a song I'd let a little kid listen to, but it's fine otherwise. "Mean Mr. Mustard sleeps in the park, shaves in the dark, trying to save paper. Sleeps in a hole in the road. Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose. Savin' up to buy him some clothes. Such a dirty old man." XD ALL IN ALL!!!! Great for older kids, but please, listen to the songs and DO REASEARCH. :D *****THE BEATLES ARE AMAZING******