All member reviews for "According to You" (CD single)

Mixed messages about a messed-up relationship.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 7, 2012

according you cd single

older and know yourself better before trying to have a romantic relationship? What do you think of Orianthi's image as a respected guitar musician? How do you think this persona compares to other female singers? Do you think a woman who can play instruments gains more credibility in the music world than one that just sings and dances (and looks pretty)? Why do you think the narrator stays with her unsupportive boyfriend for so long? Is it ever okay to be disrespected in a relationship? What would you do, and how would you feel, if someone said mean things to you?
Written byAnonymous June 19, 2013

2 Star is all I can give this.

Mild Langage has a Violence of Bullying. But Bullying is not OK. So I gave it 2 Stars. and an iffy 13+.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2011

Really good!

I'm 11 and I think CSM is just way wrong. The only "bad" words are "useless" and "stupid." When it said "According to him," my little sister thought it said "according to h-ll" but it didn't so it's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina April 24, 2011

This is such an awesome song with an awesome message!!! :D

Ok so before i start when I was reading it's review According to you came on the radio and I was like lol. Either way its a great song about a girl who leaves a terrible relashinship for a good one. Whoever reviewed this you need to get your facts staright since so what if she goes back at her boyfriend once when he hurt her all the time in my book and most peoples books thats fine.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2010

good for kids

I love this song!!! she is just going through a tough relationship! its not bad??!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do July 2, 2010
love it!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010

o.k.

Not a huge fan
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesusFreak09 May 3, 2010
love this song the guy doesn't deserve her if hes gonna be like that and hurt her
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

Great Artist

I don't find anything wrong with Orianthi. She's great on the guitar, and has a beautiful voice. Though, I did have trouble finding an appropriate age, but I gave it five *****!
Kid, 9 years old April 21, 2010

love this song

love this song
Teen, 15 years old Written bylilly117 April 7, 2010

Confidence In Song Form!!

Listen to this song. Great, clean, music all topped off with great messages!! Nothing bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysweet4ng3L March 9, 2010
I love her songs! IDK why this is rated iffy for 13+ weird..
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaureen102 February 26, 2010

Totally safe

She is great I love all of her songs and she is a great role model
Kid, 12 years old February 25, 2010

One of the Greatest Songs I've Ever Heard!

Orianthi is an amazing guitar player, and her skills are something every future-guitarist should look up to and admire. However, the song is about a break-up and how Orianthi gets so angry, yet she still keeps her lyrics totally clean.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byboofer2634 February 24, 2010

Finally new young talent that can ROCK!

I just saw the video on VH1. I loved it. At first I was a bit thrown off by seeing a young woman playing a Satriani signature guitar. But this girl can jam. I will have to say that it has been a long time since I have seen any new talent to come out and play as well as this young girl. And the music is a little poppy but still good. I think alot of the younger talent that is coming out these days can learn a lesson or two from the ability from this group. Alot of new music is wimpy crap. This group I think can perform to the younger generations and be appreciated by the older rockers. I am looking forward to buying the CD and hearing the rest of the songs. Finaly new talent that can jam! it has been what? 20 years since a young group can play with this ability. I am looking forward to watching how this group develops as the get older. I hope they don't wimp out to the masses. Keep on jamming!
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

good for tweens nd older

I love acorrding to you by orianthi, it is very good. in the song she stands up for herself and she is focused on the nice things people are saying to her. but she also tells us how different people have different apinens but also to go with your own hart
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewmoonwolves February 1, 2010
Stupid is not a bad word peoples. And she is a great role model of girl power just like Fergie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJulianne January 27, 2010

Anyone can listen to it, great "girl power" song!

I think this is a great song. I don't relate to this song since I'm still pretty young, but I agree with my mom that it is a great "girl power" song! This song is also great if you like ones that get stuck in your head really easily...and I mean REALLY easily! :)
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2010

Really good song

This is really good 1st of all stupid and useless are NOT bad words.And Orithanti is a really good romodel b/c shes telling her bf that he is critisizing and crude and its over.