All member reviews for All Hope Is Gone

Hardcore, sometimes violent metal with a message.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBludwulf June 1, 2010

Great album.

Slipknot, especially on this CD, lets you know that the way you were raised, and what you were taught, isn't the only way. They promote freedom of speech and the right to express yourself. Corey Taylor is certainly a good role model in the fact that he stands up for himself, and explores his feelings, without actually taking it out on someone. He can SING about being violent, but he'd never condone BEING violent.
Adult Written byimport3dguest May 29, 2013

Significant contribution to the genre of metal?

"Metal fans should see this album as one of the most significant contributions to the genre in a while." Are you kidding me? While this particular album is slightly better than the rest of Slipknot's, it is NOT by any means a significant contribution to metal. "Nu-metal" is hated by most of the metal community. If you want to listen to a band that made a contribution to metal, listen to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Death, Venom, Candlemass, Confessor, Dream Theater, etc. Not nu-metal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPongo February 26, 2011

Okay for anyone high school age or older.

I just want to say that I found it offensive that this album got two :( for message, and the only thing that they sited was questioning authority "particularly religious institutions". Young people should be questioning authority, ESPECIALLY religious organizations, that often (not always, but often) have a bad message themselves. Questioning authority isn't a bad message, rebelling just for the sake of rebelling is. The only bad message I can think of on this album is the violence, but frankly, kids see so much of that anyways through what's on television and in the movies, and even the books we have to read for school this won't be anything new for any teenager in America.
Adult Written byzavierstarr February 11, 2010

I don't see the problem.

Ok, that whole line of "Kill your father/destroy another life/question everything we clung to for years/live forever/design a better death/confuse a liar with a savior from fear." The main thing that CommonSense missed here, was the "Thou shalt not" put before this section... All I have to say is you should get that selective hearing checked...
Teen, 17 years old Written byecho9999 December 8, 2014

Ok let me alleiviate some concerns

Ok look. I get that heavy metal has a relatively bad rap in modern society. This is because of it being ignored by myriad common people who can be satisfied by modern popular music like Ke$ha and Justin Bieber. But metal is important and valued to some people. And that should be respected. My point in this explanation is to point out that the "Not for kids" label is a bit extreme for its content, and the reviewer docked points left and right for any reason they could think up. They say the word "cigarette," yet any child can walk down the street in multiple places that are within 10 miles from their house and see lots of cigarettes, alcohol, and other "inappropriate content for children." The other issue I have is the blatant cheap shot and male teens claiming that Slipknot only resonates with male teens. I may be a male teen, but there are plenty of females who enjoy metal of all occasions. Additionally, it says to talk to your children about who would listen to this kind of music. The phrasing of this statement makes it seem pretty discriminatory against people who resonate with this type of music, which is pretty unfair, because I could write an entire book about why kids shouldn't listen to modern pop music. Lastly, all teens are angry. I agree that children under the age of --say-- 13 doesn't need to be listening to music this intense, but just because a teen is out of control doesn't mean that Slipknot made them that way. Children are a product of their parents, so limitations and childish rules (like controlling your teen's life with remedial, conservative websites like this one) would definitely make your kid upset. So, with that in place, let your teens listen to metal. It's really not an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOfMiceAndMen101 August 10, 2014

SLIPNOT

one of my favorite bands of all time!!!!! one of their best albums ........ this music is good for all ages ..... I listen to this stuff nothings wrong with me
Teen, 15 years old Written bymetalhead12 February 9, 2014

Slipknot..... controversial but interesting.

I'm fifteen years old and I love metal. Yes. Slipknot is a very dark band. They have released dark and violent material, all of it filled with very strong language and angry lyrics. However, I would not approach this album with the opioin that Slipknot is a satanic band that should be avoided at all costs. Rather, Slipknot is a band to be careful about. Parents, Slipknot avoids the hyper-sexualized lyrics of today's rap and pop, instead aiming to talk of problems of society. In a way, their lyrics can reach out to teens who, like myself, struggle with acceptance, angst, and stress. The one negative is the strong language and some more angry-on-the-verge of hate lyrics, but if you have a mature teen who can handle bad language and understands the purpose of the lyrics, it's fine. Thanks for reading.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJacoblikesmetal March 8, 2013

All Hope Is Gone Review

While there is some uses of strong language in the album, the majority of them do not contain any swearing. There are references to violence, but aren't condoning it in any way. Cigarette ash is used as a description in a song, not to promote smoking. I think you should be about 13 and over to listen to it, because it may scare younger kids, particularly the masks. However, the members of the band are very nice people, and some have their own kids, so they are good role models. We also need to add the other 3 albums for review as all of their albums are different.
Teen, 16 years old Written byerica921 February 6, 2013

Slipknot forever

I love slipknot and stone sour and its sad that paul gray died in the band R.I.P to paul and paul we will miss ya man keep rocking out
Teen, 16 years old Written byOG PIRATE January 10, 2013

SCREW IT

It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!! yet i agree some of this isn't for kids at or under the age of probably 10 or 11. I started listening to this band when I was very young and I just love them! Any kid should be allowed to listen to whatever music they want to but I still wouldn't recomend that children 10 and under listen to this. But let your kids listen to what they want, you can't keep them from listening to the stuff they want forever so just let them do it now. - OG
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2013

Educational!

This music album will help your kids learn what to do in case Jerry Sandusky barges in to their rooms.
Teen, 14 years old Written byawww June 24, 2012

AWESOME

IT IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER BECAUSE IT TOTALLY ROCKS
Kid, 10 years old September 24, 2011

SLPIPKNOT!

SLIPKNOT!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAustinsfield August 21, 2011

To the parents who honestly care

Slipknot may produce violent types of music but I have found that they help to vent anger in teens who are the victims of bullies and uncaring adults. Their music is mention to find a not so violent outcome and to encurage kids to be proud of themselves and proud to be fans of such a monumental movement
Teen, 16 years old Written byAmiY June 11, 2011

ALMOST the Best Slipknot album! Love it!

I'm a teenager and i LOVE Slipknot. i was looking through this site, and i was thinking "are you kidding me?!?" I mean really...I'm a girl too. Slipknot is not just for boys. Have you ever paid attention to the meaning behind the lyrics? That's what you should listen to. They teach everyone to stand up for what they believe in, and they give us hope. EVERYONE should have this and LISTEN to it (Snuff, All Hope is Gone, Psychosocial, Child of Burning Time) just to name a few. You won't regret it \m/ Stay (Sic) maggots!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRachael_Sadlier May 15, 2011

What Evs, kids are gonna listen to Slipknot anyway cuz they're music unlike that punk Justin Bieber actually has meaning.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOlivia331 May 2, 2011

SUPER MEGA ULTRA AWESOME : D

I'm 16 and I'm a girl and I LOVE Slipknot. ^_^ I haven't been a fan for long, but I am completely in love with the music. There's just some swearing, but overall it' a pretty freakin' awesome album. I like how the lyrics aren't just some random stupid stuff that doesn't make sense... the lyrics that Slipknot writes actually have a meaning to them. I think it really depends on how mature someone is in order to be able to listen to certain bands--Slipknot being one of them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydegrassigirl97 April 2, 2011

I love Slipknot, and the only concern is cussing which kids hear all the time. All hope is Gone is a good album. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 February 24, 2011

Wow. Slipknot is amazing. That's right! Slipknot is the BEST band in the world! Even though I am a girl, I love Slipknot (most guys like it I guess). Yes, they swear. Yes, the lyrics are kind of violent sometimes...BUT, honestly you aren't really listening to the lyrics, you're just listening to the singing, the guitar, drums .etc. If you like rock/metal music I can guarantee that you'll love this! Wow, Slipknot. Awesome job! You never fail to amaze me. Highly recommended! Enjoy :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnforgettableMemory February 12, 2011

second-best slipknot album (RIP Paul Gray)

Slipknot aren't as bad as people say they are. I've been listening to them since I was 10 and have had no problem with the lyrics. I don't think its right to rate this as 'no kids' - it's not as if it's making children violent.