All parent member reviews for All Hope Is Gone

Adult Written byimport3dguest May 29, 2013

Significant contribution to the genre of metal?

"Metal fans should see this album as one of the most significant contributions to the genre in a while." Are you kidding me? While this particular album is slightly better than the rest of Slipknot's, it is NOT by any means a significant contribution to metal. "Nu-metal" is hated by most of the metal community. If you want to listen to a band that made a contribution to metal, listen to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Death, Venom, Candlemass, Confessor, Dream Theater, etc. Not nu-metal.
Parent Written bySlipknotFan69 February 16, 2015

dis es a fucking MLG fazeclan level of awesomeness!

dis is my favorite band, and i really love the vocalist, ronnie radke. i play this while i play call of halo, drink mountain dew, and read my favorite manga, diary of a wimpy kid
Adult Written bySteven8765 December 25, 2010

this cd is awesome. We should all stop blindly following religious instituitions.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFinder July 8, 2010

NOT FOR KIDS??!!

First of all this album was nothing compared to they're previous ones. This is probally they're second cleanest album. I say that if you are a fan of slipknot and you listen to they're other music, you can handle this. 13 and above could handle this.
Adult Written byVinchenso April 5, 2010

The language is the worst but there ain't much of it
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written bykuntry816 March 18, 2010

i'll probably get bashed for this

it all depends on the children and what is the norm for the household my 2yr old would listen to slipknot invitro and to this day she can tell by the style of drums and guitar who it is and start dancing music is an art form that is best left uncensored i should also mention for those that don't already know the much milder group stonesour that can be heard on the spiderman track "bother" and all over the radio is actually the same lead singer from slipknot
Adult Written byzavierstarr February 11, 2010

I don't see the problem.

Ok, that whole line of "Kill your father/destroy another life/question everything we clung to for years/live forever/design a better death/confuse a liar with a savior from fear." The main thing that CommonSense missed here, was the "Thou shalt not" put before this section... All I have to say is you should get that selective hearing checked...
Adult Written bykuroyama1 December 18, 2009

my reasoning

i'm a metal fan have been since i first head my dad listening to black sabbath when i was 9 in his car i loved slipknot,system of a down and the like growing up and i never once caused trouble in school my grades stayed up in the A-Bs . Now personally I preferred their third albums "The Subliminal Verses" and "Idaho" but this album was extremely good in comparison to say any Nickelback album ever (no i do not enjoy nickelback in any way shape or form) Now if hypothetically i had a 10 year old boy or girl and he/she wanted to listen to this album? no not a chance if i had a 16 year old son or daughter yes i would let them now thats only if they were mentally as mature as i was when i was 16 of course
Adult Written byJANDCBLOCHER@GM... December 5, 2009

PERFECT FOR ALL AGES

Freakin' awesome music, dude get your schlung to the store to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

All Hope is Gone

Im a pretty big Slipknot fan, but this album just sucks. If you compare this album to there 1st (which IMO is the best) they sound nothing alike.
Adult Written byAllikSsab August 18, 2009

Really?

This album has a message. After releasing the darker "iowa" and entirely clean "Vol3 The Subliminal verses" Slipnkot released their newest album "All Hope Is Gone" and on the front page of this page i see many of the lyrics taken out of context. Some of the stuff he says is repeating what parts of society says in a way to show how strange this thing called 'modern society' really is.(sic)
Parent of a 7, 12, and 18 year old Written byToxicityKid August 12, 2009

Sisters love it!

I'm 18, and have been listening to Slipknot since 1999. My 12 year old sister loves them, as well as my 7 year old sister. I say no music has age-limits. If it sounds good, listen to it.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bydido6661 August 6, 2009

slipknot isnt about sex and drugs. like most new music is

slipknot is okay for teens. it doesnt say lick me like a lollipop
Adult Written byPosionblood August 5, 2009

This is crap

Alright listen. I LOVE metal-All That Remains, Chimaira, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying and the like. But this is just crap. Reason 1. This guy isn't good at screaming. It sounds more like he's yelled too long in a football game and his voice is raspy. 2. There's a freakin pentagram on the cover! A Satanic symbol! Even an Atheist could agree people who use those are NOT good role models. 3. They bash Bush as much as they can. 4. Buy Swan Songs by Hollywood Undead-It's much better
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byChristianDAD883 July 6, 2009

Great for all boys and girls

Its a okay album. not as googd as thier others but I quite enjoyed it.
Parent of a 4, 9, 11, 14, and 18 year old Written byHeavyMetalParent April 22, 2009

The Best SlipKnoT album yet!

Of all the albums released yet, All Hope is Gone is by far the best. What they've done is split thier sound from nu-metal to what basically amounts to 2 half-albums: one is a pummeling thrash set reminicient of Slayer (Gematria [the killing name], Wherin Lies Continue, the title track) and the other an accessible, mellow hard-rock album (Dead Memories, Gehenna, Snuff)Now, let this be clear: The good FAR outweighs the bad on this album, and the bad, well... isn't really too bad. In any case, it's worth buying the whole album. The heavier tracks are in all respects, keeping metal alive for the masses. Gematria in particular is a grueling tour-de-force that molds with the anti-war lyrics like butter on bread.If you only have 1.29$ in your budget, get this one. All hope is Gone is a more Iowa-influenced track that old-school slipknot fans will greatly enjoy. The softer tracks, however, take a different route, gliding the listener on an emotional trek into themselves. Snuff a melodic, almost emo-influenced track that will have mainstream rock fans and metalheads alike humming on long car and plane rides. The only tracks I really have a problem with is "Dead Memories" and "Gehenna", which, unsurprisingly, are the most popular songs off the album. They fuse almost pop elements into what should be a rock band. Skip these is you have a tight buget, but if not, buy the whole album because they're still better than most crap on the radio today (shall i point to Chris Brown and Rihanna anybody?) As far as appropriateness goes, I don't see what commonsensemedia.org has against this album. Well, actually I can because I read the review, but I still think it's biased and misinformed. What exactly does "Agressive...general music style" have to do with age-appropriateness?! This album has some of the best political commentary I've seen in a long time, and same with the music. The swearing is infrequent, and, in reality, only serves to help drive the theme of the album: Which is questioning our values and leaders and finding flaws, something that should be done more in our world today. Bottom line: if you're a mature 13-year-old, you should be able to handle this album no problem. If you're a parent: BUY IT. It is a milestone in modern mainstream metal, if not the history of metal. Not only that, the exeperimentaion in musical style and lyricism is unprecedented. What are you waiting for? Oh yeah, and stay (sic) maggots!\m/ (-_-) \m/
Adult Written byPentempleOne January 27, 2009

Mindless music

I'll give it straight. Teens should never listen to Slipknot. Not because its bad for them, but because there is no redeemable factor in there music. Yeah sure, freedom of expression is shining through teens today, but Slipknot, and there music will just completely waste there time and money. For the parent's and kids. THIS IS NOT A METAL CD. This is an over indulgent "adults" making money about teen angst. Teens and parents, save your money because I can assure you that you will grow out of this cd faster than playing with a rock.
Adult Written bymetalheadsouthpark January 19, 2009

Very Good Melodic Metal...

This is one of the most popular hard rock bands, and one of the best as well. This Album is certainly not their most inappropriate, and has the least shocking content of all their albums next to Vol. 3, which does not even carry the parental advisory label. If you listen to Vol 3, and mash it with Iowa, you get something like this, Melodic enough for hard rock fans, yet heavy enough for some metal heads (including myself). If this band is slightly too heavy for you try Disturbed, slightly too soft, try As I Lay Dying, both superb bands as well, with less objectionable content. If you don't mind offensive content others bands you may like are; Korn, Cannibal Corpse, and Devildriver. Bands that may expand your music tastes; Equilibrium, Impending Doom, Nightwish, Nine Inch Nails, Gorillaz, etc.
Adult Written bybloodybirdbrain November 16, 2008

meh.

Its not musically creative,but its would make the fans happy.obvisiously you only need to look as far as the masks to know its not for kids.