All member reviews for All Hope Is Gone

Hardcore, sometimes violent metal with a message.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 January 17, 2011

I love Slipknot!

Why do you say just teenage boys? What's wrong with a girl loving Slipknot, because they are one of my favorite bands and I think my username would be weird for a boy. Anyway, I don't think parents should totally control what music their kids (girl or boy) listen to because music, unlike movies and TV, is who we are and if people say "stop listening to Slipknot and here's Justin Bebier". I think NOT FOR KIDS is insane. Clam down is Slipknot.
Adult Written bySteven8765 December 25, 2010

this cd is awesome. We should all stop blindly following religious instituitions.
Teen, 15 years old Written byImADuck November 20, 2010

Seriously? Wowwww.......

K um first of all, I don't really like Slipknot, (Not because of the type of music, I love music like this.) but because of the fact that Corey's voice annoys me. Second of all, in the 'talk about' thing, why does it say teen BOYS? I know plenty of girls that like Slipknot, that's just ridiculious. And about the lyrics themselvs, they don't bother me. My parents let me listen to metal when i was in kindergarden, and I loved it. Lastly, I pretty much think people who actually agree with this site, their kids are probably picked on ALOT. I mean, there is no school with ALL this stuff in it, and NOBODY is innocent anymore. I'm only on this webstie cuz im boreed and I saw the stupid-looking commercial.
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2010

SLIPKNOT-ALL HOPE IS GONE

Very hardcore band is really isn`t very positive about anything.
Teen, 16 years old Written byA Dandelion October 14, 2010

Slipknot, in its essence, fills the shoes KoRn let for the taking when they hit the mainstream; they are an innovative, perturbing band that deal with the hell of adolescence. The sound is made by misfits, for the misfits. The lyrics are thoughtful and straight-forward, speaking directly to a disaffected generation of teens desperately in need of a release. The language may be filled with expletives and violence, but behind the curses lies a strong message of endurance against all odds, of surmounting personal problems and dealing with them head-on. The idea is that though you might be suffering and all hope seems gone, many share your pain and with some intense rocking-out, things will seem better and you'll manage to get through. Slipknot comes from small town in the Midwest and has dedicated its musical career to express the frustration and anguish of kids who feel pent up in difficult and often intolerable lives. They do so with considerable musical talent; once you get a taste for the deep, intense riffing and machine-gun drumming they use, you'll find a great deal of musical refinement and interesting dynamics; this band has grown. Having said that, stay (sic) maggots!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycraphead123 October 11, 2010

Perfect for adults

It's an alright cd but lyrical themes in this album are not recommended for kids under the age of 12
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFinder July 8, 2010

NOT FOR KIDS??!!

First of all this album was nothing compared to they're previous ones. This is probally they're second cleanest album. I say that if you are a fan of slipknot and you listen to they're other music, you can handle this. 13 and above could handle this.
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

All Music is fine for All Ages

Ok now come on... It's MUSIC. I think all music is fine for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCimerax May 31, 2010

This album pretty much expresses my beliefs for me. Not much else to say about it. It can be iffy for younger listeners, but that's why this pretty "PARENTAL ADVISORY" thing is on it. I realize I selected the things for positive AND negative messages, and that was on purpose, because that part depends on the song you're listening to.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjrcalhoun759 April 5, 2010

Man, this is really a good C.D. My family is christian and it dosen't bother me. There are only 4 songs that deserve an explicit rating. I listen to the explicit version, but i suggest the clean version only because of the 4 songs. It does have some violent imagery but it has a good strong message. This CD isn't in my opinion as good as Vol 3. That one is beast.
Adult Written byVinchenso April 5, 2010

The language is the worst but there ain't much of it
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamily Guy is a... April 4, 2010

Aweome cd, and im 13

There nothing wrong with it, its not like its talkinga bout decapitating heads, you people have to understand your kids are probably made fun of because they cant do anything and probably go to bed at seven (even if they are teenagers) only reason i know about this site is that somethin was on tv about this and I thought it was dumb and you people were wrong, and u are.
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written bykuntry816 March 18, 2010

i'll probably get bashed for this

it all depends on the children and what is the norm for the household my 2yr old would listen to slipknot invitro and to this day she can tell by the style of drums and guitar who it is and start dancing music is an art form that is best left uncensored i should also mention for those that don't already know the much milder group stonesour that can be heard on the spiderman track "bother" and all over the radio is actually the same lead singer from slipknot
Teen, 15 years old Written bykrbs777 March 12, 2010

Fourteen and Up Would Be Appropriate For This Material

I am not fond of this particular band. There are several uses of language including f*** and s*** and others. Negative messages are spewed throughout such as the singer being greater than everyone else or killing eachother and yourself. This is not a good rolemodel and also might frighten little kids by their costumes/masks
Teen, 14 years old Written byzazmopepperz February 19, 2010

Nowhere as bad as slipknots older music

A bit of suggestiveness and in some songs their is a slightly violent message but this is good music. If your a teen or pre-teen who is mature enough to not take music seriously you should be fine.
Kid, 10 years old February 14, 2010

OMG, You CAN listen kids

Slipknot's members are good people and they rock dude! Sure, yeah, they're violent, but SO WHAT. The lyrics are dark, they don't cuss. As long as you can pay attention to music, you can listen!
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2010

wonderful for all ages

i love slipknot they are good people and they are one of my favorite bands and my little 3 year old sis loves it
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewmoonwolves January 27, 2010

Slipknot Fan

Why is it not for kids? My lilttle 3 year old sister is always heawring Slipknot and she doesn't have an issue about it. It is one of the best albums ever. Slipknot Rocks:)
Teen, 14 years old Written byXzierox January 10, 2010

Love It!

Slipknot has been one of my favorite bands for years. I love that their music isn't always about falling in love, having a crush, or breaking up. I'm so sick of listening to songs about love and Slipknot has always brought great music and lyrics.
Adult Written bykuroyama1 December 18, 2009

my reasoning

i'm a metal fan have been since i first head my dad listening to black sabbath when i was 9 in his car i loved slipknot,system of a down and the like growing up and i never once caused trouble in school my grades stayed up in the A-Bs . Now personally I preferred their third albums "The Subliminal Verses" and "Idaho" but this album was extremely good in comparison to say any Nickelback album ever (no i do not enjoy nickelback in any way shape or form) Now if hypothetically i had a 10 year old boy or girl and he/she wanted to listen to this album? no not a chance if i had a 16 year old son or daughter yes i would let them now thats only if they were mentally as mature as i was when i was 16 of course