All member reviews for All Hope Is Gone

Hardcore, sometimes violent metal with a message.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written bykuroyama1 December 18, 2009

my reasoning

i'm a metal fan have been since i first head my dad listening to black sabbath when i was 9 in his car i loved slipknot,system of a down and the like growing up and i never once caused trouble in school my grades stayed up in the A-Bs . Now personally I preferred their third albums "The Subliminal Verses" and "Idaho" but this album was extremely good in comparison to say any Nickelback album ever (no i do not enjoy nickelback in any way shape or form) Now if hypothetically i had a 10 year old boy or girl and he/she wanted to listen to this album? no not a chance if i had a 16 year old son or daughter yes i would let them now thats only if they were mentally as mature as i was when i was 16 of course
Teen, 13 years old Written by3choices December 9, 2009

A fab metal album

If your a parent whos child already listens to slipknot this is by far there least worrying album. Stuff like the album 'iowa' has swareing literally every sentence but this is quite tame in comparison. It has a few bad messages in but kids really dont notise this as they listen. They just hear the the quality music. The band does give off some bad imiges as role modles but its all for show.
Adult Written byJANDCBLOCHER@GM... December 5, 2009

PERFECT FOR ALL AGES

Freakin' awesome music, dude get your schlung to the store to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichaelmyers21 December 4, 2009

NOT FOR KIDS

Good metal songs
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

All Hope is Gone

Im a pretty big Slipknot fan, but this album just sucks. If you compare this album to there 1st (which IMO is the best) they sound nothing alike.
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2009

Great Metal Album,sometimes raunchy,not for kids under 15

I love this album. It is one of my favorites. Its not that innapropriate, considering that people like me and other 11 year olds wont understand the lyrics and what they are trying to get across.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythatkiduknow October 23, 2009

New material that address current issues

I love metal and I love Slipknot in addtion many other metal bands, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, just to name a few. I loved this album! Its a show of growth and development within the band. I love the self titled album and Iowa as much as any other maggot but I also love Vol. 3 and AHIG because Slipknot always does something new and different with each album and its great. The language is quite minimal espicially when compared to Iowa or the st album. The messages behind the songs are well thought out and get the listener to think about the issue being discussed. Metal and Slipknot aren't just noise! It's quality music that allows people to release anger, sad and frustration and gives them something positive to walk away with as long as the listener lets it effect them in that way. Stay sic!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLongRangeShadow October 20, 2009

12+

No kids? Why? A great band for any lover of metal. Its just music, jeez. I mean, its not a video or movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygrayuzi October 18, 2009

NO Kids? WTF?

This album is definately on for ages 13 and up. It has a little language (not nearly as much as their first album) and some violence, but its just music, you cant see anything.
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 10, 2009

A great album with a powerful message, but not for kids.

This album sounds amazing from start to finish, and even I have to admit that, despite the fact that I'm not into much mainstream metal. But beyond that, it's got a very powerful and positive social commentary. There are some violent lyrics in it, but the majority of them are used within context of their social commentary, and none of them are graphic, anyway. The f-word is used, but never in a sexual context and probably less than ten times on the entire album. There is a lot of death-related imagery (references to burials and such), but My Chemical Romance is probably more death-obsessed than these guys. This album obviously isn't good for children, but it should be fine for most teens. It should be a very positive influence on teens who don't usually care about the state of the world or political issues. This album is a big depart from most previous Slipknot recordings, which consisted entirely of hate-filled murder anthems.
Teen, 14 years old Written byA screen name p... October 4, 2009

Perfect for teens that think theyre hardcore

Slipknot just is bland and annoying...it's not metal, it's not brutal.Sure they say f__k and other stuff, doesn't make them brutal people. A band that crushes them would be All Shall Perish. They would be claassified as brutal. Complain all you want. All Shall Perish actually has amazing lyrics, riffs, and solos. Not to mention instumentals and drums.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabrielStorm September 21, 2009

AAHH!!

I LOVE SLIPKNOT!!! MAGGOTS FOREVER!! =D
Adult Written byAllikSsab August 18, 2009

Really?

This album has a message. After releasing the darker "iowa" and entirely clean "Vol3 The Subliminal verses" Slipnkot released their newest album "All Hope Is Gone" and on the front page of this page i see many of the lyrics taken out of context. Some of the stuff he says is repeating what parts of society says in a way to show how strange this thing called 'modern society' really is.(sic)
Teen, 14 years old Written byDrew Cherry August 18, 2009

Slipknot All Hope is Gone Review

Slipknot is now one of the most popular metal bands in the rock community. Slipknots new album All hope is Gone is not for kids and early teens, it has brutal and violent lyrics, and has some language, but has a message about politics that some people will agree with, such as the Iraq war. Slipknot may were masks, but they are know circus freaks, they deliver the metal goods with intense vocales, in your face percussion, and amazing riffs that will leave the listener wanting more.
Parent of a 7, 12, and 18 year old Written byToxicityKid August 12, 2009

Sisters love it!

I'm 18, and have been listening to Slipknot since 1999. My 12 year old sister loves them, as well as my 7 year old sister. I say no music has age-limits. If it sounds good, listen to it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykorn111 August 11, 2009

good cd

ive been listening to slipknot since 3rd grade and this cd is one of there best cd realy violence i realy wouldent worry about if you have kids just language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarilynMansonFan August 7, 2009

Great album in every way

I tried to publish my review but CSM said it couldn't because it contained "language". IT WAS COMPLETLEY CLEAN!! What the hell?!
Parent of a 16 year old Written bydido6661 August 6, 2009

slipknot isnt about sex and drugs. like most new music is

slipknot is okay for teens. it doesnt say lick me like a lollipop
Adult Written byPosionblood August 5, 2009

This is crap

Alright listen. I LOVE metal-All That Remains, Chimaira, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying and the like. But this is just crap. Reason 1. This guy isn't good at screaming. It sounds more like he's yelled too long in a football game and his voice is raspy. 2. There's a freakin pentagram on the cover! A Satanic symbol! Even an Atheist could agree people who use those are NOT good role models. 3. They bash Bush as much as they can. 4. Buy Swan Songs by Hollywood Undead-It's much better
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheesebutt34 July 22, 2009

Great Album!

I love this album! There is almost nothing wrong with this album! Only four songs out of twelve on it have any language whatsoever! And who cares if it's angry or not?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!