All member reviews for All Hope Is Gone

Hardcore, sometimes violent metal with a message.

Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byChristianDAD883 July 6, 2009

Great for all boys and girls

Its a okay album. not as googd as thier others but I quite enjoyed it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkullie June 29, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I am one of the few girls at my school that likes slipknot. I LOVE it, and although I am 'popular' I get mocked for lisening to 'screamo'. I do lisen to screamo but slipknot isn't very 'screamish', that is more in the static - X place. Most hvy/ n/w mtl isn't that bad it is more views on things going on around them, less about partying and sex, and drugs like more and more music today. I would like my children lisen to it if I had any, as long as they're expreasing their feelings and relating in a healthy way. I LOVE SLIPKNOT!!
Parent of a 4, 9, 11, 14, and 18 year old Written byHeavyMetalParent April 22, 2009

The Best SlipKnoT album yet!

Of all the albums released yet, All Hope is Gone is by far the best. What they've done is split thier sound from nu-metal to what basically amounts to 2 half-albums: one is a pummeling thrash set reminicient of Slayer (Gematria [the killing name], Wherin Lies Continue, the title track) and the other an accessible, mellow hard-rock album (Dead Memories, Gehenna, Snuff)Now, let this be clear: The good FAR outweighs the bad on this album, and the bad, well... isn't really too bad. In any case, it's worth buying the whole album. The heavier tracks are in all respects, keeping metal alive for the masses. Gematria in particular is a grueling tour-de-force that molds with the anti-war lyrics like butter on bread.If you only have 1.29$ in your budget, get this one. All hope is Gone is a more Iowa-influenced track that old-school slipknot fans will greatly enjoy. The softer tracks, however, take a different route, gliding the listener on an emotional trek into themselves. Snuff a melodic, almost emo-influenced track that will have mainstream rock fans and metalheads alike humming on long car and plane rides. The only tracks I really have a problem with is "Dead Memories" and "Gehenna", which, unsurprisingly, are the most popular songs off the album. They fuse almost pop elements into what should be a rock band. Skip these is you have a tight buget, but if not, buy the whole album because they're still better than most crap on the radio today (shall i point to Chris Brown and Rihanna anybody?) As far as appropriateness goes, I don't see what has against this album. Well, actually I can because I read the review, but I still think it's biased and misinformed. What exactly does "Agressive...general music style" have to do with age-appropriateness?! This album has some of the best political commentary I've seen in a long time, and same with the music. The swearing is infrequent, and, in reality, only serves to help drive the theme of the album: Which is questioning our values and leaders and finding flaws, something that should be done more in our world today. Bottom line: if you're a mature 13-year-old, you should be able to handle this album no problem. If you're a parent: BUY IT. It is a milestone in modern mainstream metal, if not the history of metal. Not only that, the exeperimentaion in musical style and lyricism is unprecedented. What are you waiting for? Oh yeah, and stay (sic) maggots!\m/ (-_-) \m/
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuminesca April 21, 2009

All Slipknot Music Rocks

I love all of Slipknot's music, from all of their albums. They tend to cuss quite a bit, but that's just how they sing. Their music has emotion and meaning.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2009

Not so terrible... if you know the context.

Slipknot is a cool band. In fact, they are one of the biggest hits for kids 15+. Some people think they are antichristian, but that's only people who haven't listened past Iowa's Heretic Anthem... which wasn't antichristian. Most of this music is random. Eeyore on Slipknot was about a man who made Corey mad before a concert. Before I Forget (which they got a Grammy for and went on GH3.)was about Shawn "Clown" Crahan's wife leaving him. Duality is about the headaches of life. It's all random stuff. All Hope is Gone is about how the world is spiraling downward. Plus, if you listen to Vermillion Pt.2 (Bloodstone Mix) it's about a girl Mick liked in high school.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmo_rainbow_love April 8, 2009

i love slipknot

everyone thinks they are nuts, crazy, killing, awful people. they really arent. i love slipknot. yes they have a bit of swear words... but parents let there kids listen to all that rap and they are fine with it, but when they listen to hardcore, "evil" rock they go nuts. they are awesome, and their music is the best.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytinyflower April 2, 2009

Awesome Music!!

The people here don't know what good music is. Slipknot can be listened to by anyone. My 2 year old sister loves their music. It's good for when she can't sleep. I've been listening to slipknot since i was 4 and there's nothing wrong with their music. They use emotion which is something lots of bands today forget about.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhellogoodbye321 March 8, 2009

This is a great album

Alright the reviews for this are terrible but this album is not all that bad. In the world we live in now it doesn't disturb me if somebody mutters a profanity. But this album was very suprising. It was actually appropriate compared to the album Iowa. This is dark in some places, (or most of the time) but this is metal so come on what do you expect. All hope is gone is mostly inappropriate because of violent content. Mostly in Gematria and of course the song "All Hope is Gone". Most of these songs are not something to get worked up about. But the point I am making here is that coarse language is not a big part of this album. But if junior is listening to this than he HAS to be listening to something worse.
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2009

Rockers Beware

I'm not a metal lover but who loves this is.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlickmaster22 February 14, 2009

5 out of 5

Slipknot is now one of the most populer metal bands since 1999. Let me give you this straight forward, Slipknots music can be very political, violent, disturbing, and dark, but it some how delivers 1st class metal. Some of the songs can be bang your head to it falls of, modern rock, or really mellow. This is a CD for all metal fans everywhere.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMetalHead93 February 13, 2009

Wasted Talent

I got this CD for my birthday and I've had it on myt iPod since then. It's pretty good and I think that this site is just way too hard on them. I wouldn't suggest this album for anyone really under 14 at least. It has swearing on most of its tracks but even then the songs are moderately well written. Overall, if you didn't like Slipknot before this CD, I wouldn't suggest it for you.
Adult Written byPentempleOne January 27, 2009

Mindless music

I'll give it straight. Teens should never listen to Slipknot. Not because its bad for them, but because there is no redeemable factor in there music. Yeah sure, freedom of expression is shining through teens today, but Slipknot, and there music will just completely waste there time and money. For the parent's and kids. THIS IS NOT A METAL CD. This is an over indulgent "adults" making money about teen angst. Teens and parents, save your money because I can assure you that you will grow out of this cd faster than playing with a rock.
Adult Written bymetalheadsouthpark January 19, 2009

Very Good Melodic Metal...

This is one of the most popular hard rock bands, and one of the best as well. This Album is certainly not their most inappropriate, and has the least shocking content of all their albums next to Vol. 3, which does not even carry the parental advisory label. If you listen to Vol 3, and mash it with Iowa, you get something like this, Melodic enough for hard rock fans, yet heavy enough for some metal heads (including myself). If this band is slightly too heavy for you try Disturbed, slightly too soft, try As I Lay Dying, both superb bands as well, with less objectionable content. If you don't mind offensive content others bands you may like are; Korn, Cannibal Corpse, and Devildriver. Bands that may expand your music tastes; Equilibrium, Impending Doom, Nightwish, Nine Inch Nails, Gorillaz, etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzysilveria January 17, 2009

To junior head-bangers around the world

This album is amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpecialNeedsDolphin December 30, 2008

I used to love this album. The music skill is amazing and the fact that the vocalist can go from screaming to singing beutifly in seconds. My maine problem with this album is that on the CD, front, and back of the leerics sheet have pentagrams (a pentagram is a symbol of satanism) on them. My other problem with this album is the song Gematria. It talks about burning down cities and other violent things.I would say if you know its just music go ahead and listen to it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byslashrocks December 27, 2008

i love slipknot they are really good, thier lyrics are not great but most of the time you don't even hear the words clearly. everyone at my school loves it, i got a friend who has a 9 year old brother who loves it too. My point is it's a cool band.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamefan December 2, 2008

I love this cd!

its great it's got some stuff in it but if u don't like it get the edited version
Teen, 16 years old Written byRyuzakiLuver3 November 23, 2008

I really like this band. Joey Jordison rocks! (drummer)
Adult Written bybloodybirdbrain November 16, 2008

Its not musically creative,but its would make the fans happy.obvisiously you only need to look as far as the masks to know its not for kids.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2008